Steel Peacock: Part Fourty-Eight

Steel Peacock raced into a shady alley, with Queen Bee's swarm pursuing her. She landed and turned around, prepared to see her swarm, but nobody came.

"Huh?" Steel Peacock retorted, confused.

She stepped out of the alley and searched for Queen Bee's swarm, only to spot something worse.

Steel Peacock found herself standing just in front of Queen Bee's unconscious bloody form. Her left leg was soaked red and was still bleeding from under some badly wrapped bandages.

"Oh no..." She fell to her knees and checked for a pulse. Peacock let out a huge sight of relief when she found it.

She needs some medical help, Steel Peacock realized. She slipped her left arm underneath Queen Bee's shoulders and her right in the crook of her knees and lifted her off the ground. Her head and legs hung limply as Steel Peacock flew off into the air to get to a place to where she could treat her wounds.

Volpina landed at a spot of pavement stained with red. She quickly looked up and saw a shining armored figure flying away from the scene.

Volpina took off into the air after her, an unfamiliar animosity boiling inside her. "Steel Peacock, let her go!!"

Peacock felt a chill down her spine as she heard the furious voice. Gripping Queen Bee in her arms tightly, Steel Peacock flew even faster to escape.

Volpina chased after her, only to halt abruptly after hearing beeps coming from her necklace. She only had one minute left.

Volpina growled furiously. "Not now!" But she knew she couldn't risk pursuing and detransforming 150 meters in the air. She grudgingly turned back so no one could see her detransform.

Steel Peacock glanced behind her shoulder frantically, only to see she was longer being followed. She sighed in relief, and continued to her safe house.