Volpina: Part Eleven

Volpina flew them both to a hotel near the hospital Eliza died at and was buried near. Once she had helped Chat Blanc, she wanted to show Ladybug and Chat Noir exactly what their devastation had cost.

The hotel looked just as empty as the hospital had, so firstly she dragged the two onto the first floor and tied them up in rooms across from each other. Firstly, she tied up Chat Blanc, as he was the more dangerous of the two. But as she was tying up Ladybug, suddenly, she detransformed. Volpina had instantly shut her eyes. She didn't want to look, in respect of her, but she eventually had to open her eyes. It was...Marinette...

Her Kwami looked exhausted. Volpina caught it in outstretched palms before it could fall to the ground. The Kwami looked up, and was surprised to see someone besides Marinette.

"Volpina... You're the new Volpina? What are you doing here??" She asked.

"Yes, I am the newest Volpina." Alya swallowed hard. "Um, there's no easy way to say this, but Ma- uh, I mean, your holder and Chat Noir got Akumatized."

"Oh no! Are they both okay?"

"Your holder is fine, I just knocked her out. When she wakes up, tell her Chat Noir is alive and that once she's ready to transform, I'll be waiting for her outside the door. Chat Noir is, hopefully, okay, I'm about to go get that nasty akuma out of him." She explained quickly before leaving the kwami on Marinette's lap.

"Good luck, Volpina." She complimented.

Volpina left Marinette's room and locked the door. She was still in shock over the fact that Marinette was Ladybug, but she couldn't afford to think about it. Now, had to save Chat Blanc. Walking inside his room, Volpina saw that he was still unconscious/asleep.

Looking at her flute, she suddenly had an idea. Volpina untied Chat Blanc from the chair and carried him over to the nearby bed. Placing him lightly on the bed, she dragged the chair next to it and sat down in it.

Volpina brought her flute to her lips. Her plan was to manipulate Chat Blanc's dreams into nightmares about him killing Ladybug, in hopes that he could expel the akuma from his miraculous as Ladybug had done in the same situation. Volpina began to play a mystic song on the hollow instrument.

*Inside Chat Blanc's dream*

It was raining, with lightning striking every now and then. Ladybug's body lay on the ground. Chat looked down at his hands, which were covered in her blood.

"What have you done?!" Volpina cried from behind him.

"I-" Chat Blanc's eye color shimmered, switching from a harsh metallic yellow to a leafy green. "Ladybug...??" He ran forward and pulled her closer to him. "Wake up!!"

Volpina grabbed his neck and threw him backwards. "Stay away from her!" Lightning flashed again, and her glared eyes were illuminated. "You killed her! It's all your fault!"

Chat's eyes widened. "No- I didn't mean to-"

"BUT YOU DID, CHAT BLANC." A voice echoed through the dreamscape. "YOU CANNOT HIDE FROM THE TRUTH. YOU MURDERED HER, AND THERE IS NOWHERE FOR YOU TO HIDE. NOWHERE TO RUN, BLACK CAT. LOOK AT WHAT YOUR BAD LUCK HAS WROUGHT."

"No..." Chat Blanc covered his ears and shook his head frantically. "No no no no no!"

*Back in the real world*

Volpina snapped herself back to reality to see that Chat's body shaking violently. Chat himself looked drenched in sweat, groaning and crying out in pain in his sleep. Volpina prepared the jar with Dark Ladybug's akuma flittering around inside it.