Steel Peacock: Part Fifty-Seven

Sabrina placed her bag down at her seat and pulled out her notebook and pencil bag. It was about seven minutes until the class started, but she liked to be prepared.

"Hello!" A voice spoke cheerfully from next to Sabrina's seat.

Sabrina looked up, and saw someone she'd never seen before. "Oh, hi. You must be the new student."

"Lila Rossi." The new student gave a bright, but almost synthetic, smile.

Lila offered her hand, and Sabrina shook it.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Sabrina."

"Sabrina... hm?" Lila mused aloud.

Sabrina suddenly felt very uncomfortable, hearing Lila's tone of voice as she spoke her name. "Um, anyway, it was good to meet you. I think your seat is the last row, right table." She pointed at the seat.

Lila put on her painted smile again. "Good to meet you too, Sabrina. I look forward to seeing you again!" Lila walked over to her seat.

Sabrina swallowed hard. I don't think she stalked up to me like that just to introduce herself...

The bell rang abruptly, interrupting Sabrina's concerned thoughts.

Students flooded into the room and all took their seats.

Nathanaël walked into class as usual, keeping his head down and hurrying to his seat. He sat down, and then realized someone was next to him. Which was strange, he sat at his table alone.

He looked up, expecting to see Ivan or Kim teasing him, but he was shocked by someone completely different. A girl he'd only seen in his dreams.

She was just as beautiful as he'd remembered. She had long brown hair, incased in a loose ponytail , and two little ponytails on either side of her face. He remember those eyes, too. Those beautiful olive eyes that haunted both his dreams and his nightmares.

She look at him coldly, and her expression conveyed confusion. She was probably weirded out by his staring.

Nathanaël quickly hid his reddening face and averted his desk.