Robbie Kay

A/N:
Sorry that this is set at Christmas

"I really don't get the whole point of this." I grumbled, scowling as I continued to pack. "I'm the one that moved half way across the world, can they not just come here for once? Like I get it, it's easier for me to travel, but come on. I'm living in London England for crying out, and not one member of my family has come down here. No I always have to go there. Well no more. This is the last time. After we have this baby, they want to see us they come here. I am not putting an infant on a 16 hour flight because my family are hard headed."
"Darling, we can just tell them we can't make it. Say that you don't feel like flying while pregnant." My husband Robbie laughed from behind me, his hands wrapping around me from behind, his hands covering my barely there baby bump.
"We both know that won't work. They'll just keep complaining until we agree." I sighed, letting my head fall back on his shoulder. "Besides, us coming up is the only thing my mother and grandmother asked for this year. I would be breaking their hearts and ruining their Christmas if I didn't."
"So we are going, and your just going to complain all about it until we get there?"
"Pretty much yeah." I giggled, turning my head to press a kiss under his jaw. "Can you finish packing? The baby wants a grilled pickle and cheese sandwich."
"Don't blame the baby for your wants." He chuckled, smiling at me before pressing a quick kiss to my lips. "But yeah, I got it from here. Go eat your sandwich."
"Want one?"
"You know, I'm good. Thank you though Princess."I shrugged and moved from his grasp, spinning around to press one last kiss to his lips before I headed towards the door, my feet padding against the cool hard wood floor. Once I reached the door, I turned, smiling as I watched Robbie throw the remaining clothes into our suitcase.
"Is there anything you do want?" I asked, smiling lovingly as I leaned against the door frame.
"A normal grilled cheese would be nice." He chuckled, smiling at me over his shoulder. I nodded and headed out the door, the sudden carpet under my bare feet a welcome change to the cold tile. The moment I was in the wide hallway, the door to our shared bedroom closing softly behind me, Ghost was at my side. I smiled as I leaned down to scratch the albino husky and arctic wolf mix behind his snow white ear, earning a pleased hum from the dog.
"Wanna come get some lunch?" I cooed, giggling when the dog instantly yelped in response. "Come on then." I chuckled, standing up and patting my side as I headed towards the wide stair case, Ghost pressed tightly against my side. As I moved down the stairs, Ghost darted out in front of me, stopping every now and then to be sure that I was following. The moment I reached the bottom, he moved to my side again, his nose pressing against my hand.
I giggled, patting his head as I turned left, heading towards the large kitchen. As I pushed the heavy oak door open, Ghost darted inside, running straight for his silver food dish. "Give me a minute will you?" I laughed, shaking my head as I headed towards the wide granite island. Once I had reached it, I bent down and opened the small cupboard under it, pulling the large bag of dog food out. I threw two cups in, and focused on our own lunch.
As I worked, I looked around the kitchen, taking it all in once again. We had only finished it a week ago, and I loved being able to take it all in. The kitchen counter and cupboards were made out of a dark red cherry oak, the tops all a dark grey granite. The stove, fridge and appliance were all a black stainless steel, mixing in nicely with the dark wood. Three stools sat on the far side of the island, they two a dark colored cherry oak.
"How are the sandwiches coming along?" Robbie asked, his voice pulling me from my thoughts.
"Good. I'm just finishing up actually." I answered, turning my head and giving him a smile over my shoulder.
"Great. I'll grab the plates." He answered, smiling at me as he crossed the room, pausing to say hello to Ghost before grabbing out the plates. "Wanna a glass of juice?"
"Please."
"You got it, now we do have to eat quickly. We have to be at the airport in two hours and I know you are going to want to get Ghost ready."
"I do, though I still hate the idea of putting him a cage."
"It's the only way he can come with us, and I know you are not going to let him stay here."
"Of course not, he's my fur baby." I giggled, shaking my head as I placed his sandwich on the plate in front of him. I placed my own on the other plate and placed the pan in the sink before sitting down at the island, Ghost's head instantly falling onto my lap, a pleased sigh leaving him as I scratched between his ears.
"Oh I know he's your fur baby, you spoiled him." Robbie chuckled, smiling at me as he passed me my juice, before sitting down beside me. "Now come on, eat up. We still need to get the fur baby ready."
In Canada
The instant I walked into the house I once called home, my mother Anna, came running towards me, her arms wrapping around me instantly. "Oh my baby girl, welcome home." She cooed, her hands rubbing against my arms as she hugged me tightly.
"I have missed you so much mum." I sighed, nuzzling my face into her neck as I breathed in her welcoming scent. As I breathed it in, I felt myself relax. She chuckled, her hand running through my hair as she held me closer against her.
"I have missed you just as much baby girl." She whispered, pulling away so she could press a lingering kiss to my cheek. "It has been so long since I saw you last. You need to come over more."
"I'll try but it's going to be difficult." I giggled, ignoring the confused look my comment earned as I moved to hug my father Rick. My mum shrugged it off and wrapped Robbie in a hug, muttering about how he too need to come over more.
"What are you not telling us baby girl?" My father asked, smiling proudly as I pulled back. I chuckled and pressed a kiss to my fathers cheek.
"You'll figure that out soon enough daddy." I hummed, smiling as I moved to hug my brother. The moment I was in his arms, Jason pressed a kiss to my cheek, chuckling as tightened his grip around me.
"So I'm going to be an uncle." He whispered in my ear, laughing when I gasped.
"How did you know."
"I was talking to Cam and she may have let it slip." He chuckled.
"I figured." I giggled, pulling back to give him a small smile. "Keep your mouth shut until I tell everyone else."
"Sure I can..."He was cut off by my grandmother, pushing my brother aside to pull me into a hug. Jason laughed, shaking his head before slapping Robbie on the back, welcoming him home.
"How's my grand baby." My grandmother cooed, as she pressed a kiss to my cheek, swaying me gently from side to side.
"I'm great nanny, how are you?"
"Better now that my grand baby is back." She chuckled, pulling back to cup my face, pulling my head down so she could kiss my forehead. "You are not aloud to leave again."
"Laura let the girl go, she needs to hug her pa." My grandfather laughed, shouldering his way past his wife to pull me into a bear hug.
"Alfred don't be so pushy." My grandmother scolded as my grandfather hugged me tightly.
"Everyone else is shoving people aside." He laughed, pressing a kiss to my cheek as he pulled back.
"Now that we are all caught up, lets head to the living room. I'm sure after a drink or two Robbie and Y/n will tell us everything we have missed." My mother announced, her words causing me to smile widely.
"Oh I won't be able to drink." I chuckled, smiling as Robbie wrapped his arm around my waist, holding me tightly against his side as we headed towards the living room, my mother and grandmother squealing in excitement as they caught on.
"Are you having a baby!" My grandmother screamed, her words earning my father and grandfather to start going off in excitement.
"It's about damn time you make me a grandpa!" My father said happily, his hands flattening against my stomach as he ran in front of me.
"Congrats my baby girl." My mother squealed, her blue eyes sparkling with tears of joys.
"Now we really have something to celebrate! How far along are you?"
"Just over three months." I said, my entire family cheering. "We actually thought that since we found out in England we can find out the gender here. I made an appointment with Dr Reid next week."
"Good, once you find out we can throw a party, a gender reveal. We can get all the family together, your friends. I will be coming back with you of course, I am not missing the birth of my grandchild." My mother exclaimed, her eyes wide with excitement as she started planning everything.
Two Weeks Later: Christmas Day
I groaned as I walked down the stairs, my limbs still soar from the other day. I had decided it was a good idea to go for a walk, and ended up slipping on the ice, the fall causing me to sprain my ankle and a few bruises. I was stiff but okay, not that stopped Robbie. From the moment he found out I was hurt, he was at my side every single second, his arm always wrapped tightly around my waist. Right now he still in bed, leaving me to face the stairs alone.
"You should have woke me up." Robbie called out from behind me, his feet pounding against the stairs as he hurried after me. Once he was beside me, he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me against his side as he helped me down the last few stairs.
"I thought you would want to sleep, I mean the rest of the family won't be up for another hour." I explained, letting him carry most of my weight as he lead me to the living room.
"Actually we are up now, we couldn't sleep." Jason called out from the top of the stairs, the rest of my family muttering in agreement.
"How is my grandson this morning." My father asked, running down the stairs so he could help Robbie lead me to the living room.
"Hyper. He won't stop moving."
"That's my boy." He laughed, smiling as he and Robbie lowered me onto couch. "How are you my sweet girl?"
"Soar." I sighed, leaning back into the couch. "Could you get me that heated wrap from my ankle and maybe an Advil?"
"On it princess, you stay here." Robbie said quickly, kissing my cheek before running off. My father smiled in approval as he gently placed my ankle on the foot stool in front of me. Once he was happy with it, he wrapped the heated blanket over my shoulders, turning it onto the highest setting so it could sooth my tense muscles. He was just putting a pillow, freshly fluffed, under my ankle when Robbie came running, a glass of water and Advil in one hand and the heated wrap placed around his neck.
"Here you go." He said with a soft smile, handing me the water and Advil before gently putting the heating wrap over my ankle. "How is that?"
"Wonderful, thank you, both of you."
"Anything for you my angel." My father said as he leaned down to press a kiss to my forehead. "Now that our girl is taken care of, why don't we start on those gifts?"