T'Challa (Captain America: Civil War)

I saw the movie IT WAS AMAZING.

(Dem shoulders tho)

T'Challa's heart skipped a few beats. He took your wrist, slowly turning your hand and pressing his palm to yours. His breath hitched as you leaned forward a pressed a kiss to his cheek. Tonight was a rare day off, one which he could spend in your company, laughing and talking about everything and anything, mostly what had nothing to do with royal protocols and running a country.
"What's on your mind?" you murmured, tracing a finger across his furrowed brow before playfully tapping his nose.
A deep chuckle reverberated through his chest and he turned to press his lips against your hand. The softness of them sent a jolt of pleasure through you and you beamed at him.
"I am thinking about stuff I should not be thinking about," he answered, voice sincere.
You wrinkled your nose. "Ruling is in your blood, it's only natural."
T'Challa's eyes suddenly took on a grave expression and you stiffened at the sight of it. You knew what was coming. It was the umpteenth time you argued about this.
"We should not be together."
"Don't start, please."
"I'm serious, Y/N," he said, pulling away from you and you immediately felt cold.
"T'Challa, you know I don't care," you spoke with a slight tinge of annoyance in your voice. "I will wait for you, no matter how long that takes."
"That is not the case. It is my duty to my country, to my people. I cannot have my mind traveling to other places when I am to think of their safety, their rights, their lives."
"I am not asking you to disregard everything, T'Challa," you sat up and put your hand on his broad shoulder. "I am not asking for your undivided attention. I am glad to stand by you, even in your shadow. I just don't want to be away from—"
"That is not your decision!" he got up, glaring down at you. "I am to be king, Y/N. I have a people that counts on me. I'm sorry, but this is the last time we will see each other."
You scoffed, rolling your eyes. "You are so dramatic."
"Don't."
"Seriously? We both have lives, yeah, I get that. But you don't get to choose for the two of us. We talk this out."
"No," he said resolutely. "I have made up my mind. My people are more important to me. It does not matter if we want to be together, I cannot be distracted. I need to remain focus and put all my strength in keeping them safe."
Without another word, T'Challa walked out of your apartment, your life, and your world.
He kept his promise, completely severing ties with you and after six months of separation, you knew that he was being serious.
You had thought T'Challa would be the one, after all, you had unconditionally given him your love, your heart, and had let him become an essential part of your life. T'Challa had access to every part of you, and although he treated you with care, he had carelessly walked away.
The gaping hole he left behind began to diminish as the days passed. Your friends surrounded you with love and comfort, often making you laugh and keeping your mind away from the regal man that had consumed your entire being.
Slowly, but surely, you began to see the light and thoughts of T'Challa began to occupy less time.
You let yourself smile when a man complimented you, and at one point, had even let your best friend arrange a blind date for you to go on. Unfortunately, it didn't work out, but you were happy that you were somewhat moving on. T'Challa no longer had complete control over you and over your happiness.
You met Charlie at a coffee shop. He charmed his way through an apology after spilling coffee on your dress pants and you laughed it off, too busy distracted by his stunning smile. He was dressed to the nines, the color of his tie accentuating his eyes and you ended up writing your number on a napkin he had handed to you.
Your relationship bloomed quite fast and even though you knew that your heart belonged to T'Challa, you tried to convince yourself that Charlie was just as good. He was charming and made you laugh, but as time passed, you began to notice that Charlie wasn't really telling you everything. When you asked too many questions, he would become hostile and throw snide comments your way. In order to avoid conflict, you'd stop your inquiries and shrug his attitude off. He wasn't worth the trouble, he just kept you from constantly thinking about T'Challa.