Elizabeth 'Betty' Cooper

"Look at her, V. She's so...what's the word?" Betty Cooper asked her best friend as her eyes trailed on someone.
She was at the quad with Veronica Lodge, who rolled her eyes at the question.
"Crazy? Stupid? A loon?" Veronica offered.
Betty threw a look at Veronica's way before shaking her head. "Stop it. I told you, she's not like that. I mean she may seem like it, but she's far from that. She's just a little unpredictable, like a rainstorm."
"And you're a house of cards." Veronica cuts off before her friend starts gushing. "She'll tear you down without a second thought!"
Betty chose to ignore the raven haired girl. Instead she focused on the girl who caught her eyes.
(Y/N) (Y/L/N).
She was a transfer student from somewhere far away from the crazy town of Riverdale. Which is probably why she intrigued Betty so much. She was different in every way from the people that she's known since she could walk and it was refreshing, to say the least.
Ever since she caught sight of those (Y/N)'s eyes she knew she was in trouble. She didn't know whether to curse or thank the fact that she was in the welcoming committee.
So now she was watching her laugh with her friends in front of the school. They were messing around, trying to hit each other with God knows what they could find anywhere and (Y/N) didn't seem to mind. She even dodged a glass bottle at one point and she just kept laughing.
"That girl is reckless, B. Run far away from her. To the opposite direction where you'll be safe." Veronica told her once she saw Betty eyeing (Y/N) again.
Betty smiled and shrugged slightly. "Why bother? I already know I won't get far."

"Yeah, it's just that kind of thing, you know?" (Y/N) says.
She was standing in front of Betty, who couldn't help but think that she was just so close. She could just reach her hand out and she'd be touching her.
And yet she was close enough that she might see what Betty was thinking of. It was weird, but somehow that was what Betty felt. Like (Y/N) could just see right through her soul. Betty hoped she couldn't, though. She hoped she would just keep talking, maybe smile her smile at her while she did it.
Betty couldn't afford to let (Y/N) know how she felt. Not right now, at least. Her mother would have her head. Especially after the whole 'Relationships in this town today are bad and they will destroy you.' speech. She didn't need another lecture.

"Yeah, I got held in a police station for night before. Twice, actually. But it's all good now." (Y/N) says casually as if that was a common thing that people their age did.
And once again Betty cursed herself. She kept getting drawn to her and her charm that her mind just completely forgot that (Y/N) was bad news. Veronica agreed so. Archie agreed so. Heck even Cheryl wasn't all too sure that he was a good person to be around with.
But (Y/N) caught Betty off guard when she caught Betty's hand in hers and suddenly all of the doubts melted away and all that was left was the indescribable feeling of her hand in (Y/N)'s
"Hey, you don't need to worry about me, okay? I've changed a lot since I met you. And it's a good change. I mean I didn't think you could do that but you're better than I imagined."
As soon as she said those words, Betty's guard came down. Just like that. She knew it was no good keeping them up when (Y/N) was around. She wasn't like the rest of the world.
Besides, Betty knew she could never resist (Y/N). She was falling and she knew it. And it didn't matter how long in would take for (Y/N) to make a move or for them to be together. She could wait patiently for that day to come. No matter how long.

It had been months now. It was New Years and (Y/N) threw a big party at her house because that was the kind of person she was.
And yet she was there with Betty, instead of hosting the event. Instead of (Y/N) being with her friends she was at a balcony with her. (Y/N) was so close that Betty could run her fingers through her hair. Just how she always wanted to.
They were watching people over the railing. They were drinkin and playing with flashlights, glow sticks, sparklers, anything that would create light. Everything was flickering on and off, and it gave off a certain glow that made (Y/N)'s eyes sparkle.
Betty could see them clearly, since (Y/N)'s eyes were mirroring hers. How she wished that that moment would last. She just wanted (Y/N) to keep her eyes on her.
But suddenly everything changed. (Y/N) was now leading her up the stairs, to her room most likely. It was just wrong enough to make it feel right. And again, everything changed. She was pinned against her door now, and Betty didn't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.
She whispered softly to her. Slow and sweet. Betty didn't exactly hear the words but she knew if she could, she would just melt. But she was too captivated by (Y/N) and those sparks that she seemed to always have around her. It was like her own personal fireworks show.

Fast forward to a few months. The snow has cleared up and it was rainy season again. Not much has changed with Betty and (Y/N)'s relationship.
It was like they were together, but they weren't. Maybe they were but it was just at certain times and certain places. Betty gave her everything to (Y/N) that one New Years night and it was killing her that they still hadn't made much progress in their relationship since then.
It was after school and it was raining. Betty usually had cheer practice, but she made up some half hearted excuse to Cheryl and she went walking home in the rain after saying goodbye to Veronica.
And it seemed like luck wasn't on her side until she noticed that (Y/N) was on the far side of the other street. She was clutching her backpack with an umbrella above her head, keeping her partially dry from the rain.
They both stopped and stared at each other. And suddenly–as if (Y/N) could read Betty's mind–she dropped everything on the ground. The umbrella included and next thing Betty saw was that (Y/N) was running towards her.
She stopped right in front of Betty and they were both completely drenched from the rain now. But that didn't seem to stop them.
(Y/N) looked at her with those damn eyes and next thing she knew (Y/N) was kissing her. Not some lighthearted peck or a heated make out session in the dark–it was a real kiss. Full of passion and love.
And just like that, all of the pain melted away. Like it was suddenly washed away by the rain but she knew it had something to do with (Y/N). It was always something with her and her eyes.
When they pulled away all Betty could see was the smile on (Y/N)'s face and the sparks flying everywhere from it and she just knew. She knew that from then on, everything would be all right.