Sam winchester ft.Gabriel

A/N: Told in third person.

Humming softly (Y/N) gathered up her clothes to head for the laundromat. This morning had brought the discovery that the only clean clothes she had were her Fed suit, a pair of sweat pants and a flannel shirt she'd forgotten to rerun to Sam after Chicago. It has been months since then but his scent still lingered in the fabric making her smile a little. She still hadn't examined the feelings the younger Winchester had stirred up, preferring to believe that emotional attachment beyond friendship was a liability. At least that's what she told herself.
"Hey cupcake, how's life," a cheerful voice called out behind her.
(Y/N) yelped and jumped, scattering the clothes she'd been stuffing into the laundry bag all over the room. She turned as she came down putting all her weight into the punch she threw at the intruder. He dodged the blow easily, a grin lighting his face making his amber eyes sparkle.
"Damn it, Gabe," she grumbled starting to gather her clothes back up, "One of days I'm gonna knife you for that shit. And archangel or not it's gonna hurt."
Gabriel just looked smug as he glanced around her room. When his eyes landed on landed in her laptop his expression changed to surprise and puzzlement.
"Are you... watching a Disney movie," he asked in an odd tone.
(Y/N) met his eyes without a hint of embarrassment, "Yeah, you got a problem with that?"
"No, no. But who'd have thought the badass huntress liked Cinderella," Gabe's smile turned mischievous, "And who are you picturing as Prince Charming?"
"None of your damn business," (Y/N) growled narrowing her eyes.
Gabe took a step closer, "Fess up (Y/N). I never should have been able to sneak up on you like that. You're wandering around humming So This is Love wearing Samsquachs shirt,"
"Drop it, Gabe," now there was a warning in (Y/N)'s tone, one Gabriel chose to ignore.
She didn't think it was possible for his grin to get any wider but it did. Before she could say it do anything to stop him Gabe snapped his fingers and she was standing in a moonlit garden. Her sweats had been changed to a very familiar looking blue dress and a quick check revealed her hair was up, secured with a headband. Looking around she saw a castle with lights blazing in what she assumed to be the ballroom. She gathered her skirt up and realised that Gabe has gone for the all the details including glass slippers. Carefully she started the path toward the castle, reveling in the feel of satin in her hands.
She was so focused on walking she didn't notice the figure in her path until she heard, "(Y/N/N)?"
She stopped in her tracks and let go of her skirt recognising Sam Winchester's voice. When she looked up he was right in front of her dressed as Cinderella's prince. His hair had been tamed into something resembling a style the ends curling just at the high collar of his white military cut shirt and the black pants fit perfectly. (Y/N)'s breath caught in her throat and her heart skipped a beat just looking at him.
"You are so dead," she muttered under breath.
"Excuse me," Sam was eyeing her curiously.
"Not you Sam," she sighed, "Gabriel"
Sam rolled his eyes, "Wonderful. If this is one of his usual tricks the only way out is to play our roles."
(Y/N) closed her eyes feeling the heat rise in her cheeks. Gabe was definitely going to get a piece of her mind the next time she saw him. When she felt her face cooled a bit she opened her eyes to find Sam had stepped closer. In the distance she could hear the opening bars of So This is Love.
"Dance with me," Sam asked holding out his hand.
She put her hand in his and he drew her closer to him, his free hand coming to rest on the curve of her waist. As they started to move with the music Sam smiled at her, "You look amazing on that dress."
She looked into his eyes, reading the sincerity of the complement in their hazel depths. She smiled back at him and relaxed into the dance. As they waltzed through the garden Sam pulled her even closer his arm coming to completely circle her waist, both of them lost in the illusion Gabriel has created.
Finally they came to the stone balustrade and bench at edge of the garden where their dance had to end. Sam whirled her around one final time, ending with the two of them facing each other on the bench. Sam's hand caressed her face as he leaned towards her, (Y/N) tilted her head slightly, just enough so that their noses wouldn't bump, realizing that this was what she wanted: Sam, the fairy tale, the whole happily ever after she thought she'd long ago outgrown. Just as his lips brushed against hers the clock in the tower above them began to strike.
(Y/N) jerked back, wondering what she'd been thinking. She knew hunters didn't get happily ever after. She turned and sprinted away, tears blinding her as she raced through the halls of the castle.
She felt her shoe slip off as she ran down the front stairs where a golden coach waited for her. As the bells pealed the final strike of midnight it faded away, leaving her sitting on the bed on her motel room looking at Gabriel's smirking face.
"Just get out of my sight," she yelled at him bursting into tears.
The smirk faded as he realized she was angry, not happy as he'd intended. He watched her cry for a minute before vanishing with a flutter of wings.
It took a while for (Y/N) to get control of herself again. When she did she got up slowly to get her clothes together. Instead of being scattered, they were in a neat pile on the dresser, clean and folded. On top of the pile was an envelope with her name on it. Carefully, she picked it up and slit it open with her pocket knife. Inside was a note and a glass slipper pendant on a silver chain.

Every Cinderella should have the slipper she didn't lose. The chain and pendant won't break no matter what you put them through.
Please forgive me, I never intended to hurt you. I'll make sure Sam only remembers what happened as a dream.
Gabe

Part 2?