Minho

You'd survived the impossible monsters in and out of the maze, you'd escaped from wicked, and ran from several angry cranks, and you don't think you'd have managed any of it without your best friend. Minho was your rock. Your saviour.
You could always rely on him to give you the willpower and the strength to never give up. You remember when you met him back in the glade, how he took you under his wing and showed you the ropes, how he cared for you and made you strong. You felt indebted to your best friend, and you hoped one day you'd be able to repay everything he'd so willingly done for you.
You settled down for the night, using Minho's jacket as a pillow to shield your face from the hard grains of sand that lay beneath you. You were all in the scorch, and after walking for what felt like days with the harsh sun on your back, you were glad to see it set, leaving a reassuring feeling of the cooling darkness.
Newt lay next to you, his eyes open as he stared up at the sky with a frown. 'Something the matter?' You whispered through the darkness, ignoring the heavy snores coming from Frypan.
Newt turned to you with a sigh, 'something...doesn't feel right. The air is...wrong.' He frowned further before blinking quickly and continuing, 'what about you? Can't sleep?' He questioned, eloquently changing the subject to save you from worry.
You smiled in return, 'I'm fine.' You replied, wishing your voice hadn't broken at the end. You weren't fine. You were a known worrier, as the entire group knew, and you couldn't shake the feeling you were being watched. Newt grinned suggestively, his eyes flitting over to Minho who slept on your other side. 'Is it Minho? Trouble in paradise?' He smiled a knowing smile, which only made you frown. 'And what's that supposed to mean?' You questioned, trying not to make it sound too defensive. He, however, only smiled more before laughing in disbelief, 'you both like each other, I'm not quite sure why you can't admit it.'
You scoffed, feeling almost offended by how wrong he was. Both you and Minho knew the feelings you had towards each other were nothing more than platonic, and that any one challenging that fact clearly had no idea.
But that night you couldn't sleep. You tossed and turned, thinking about what Newt had said. Finally turning so you were looking at the back of Minho's head, you stared at it as if it would give you the answers. You finally fell asleep to the rumbling of the night sky, drifting in and out of uneasy consciousness.
You were woken suddenly by screams. A loud roar came from above, and you span in terror, your friends faces illuminated by the electric blue lightning plummeting towards the sandy mountains next to you.
You ran. Your friends screamed, Thomas directing you all towards a building in the distance. You ran towards it, Minho grabbing your hand to pull you along as you felt the lightning get nearer to you. Flashes of blue lit up the sky, cracking through the clouds so loud your ears felt crushed.
You kept running, Minho at your side and the others behind you. You looked up, seeing light come from the building, and ran faster, feeling the lightning hit the ground all around you. Finally you were close to the building, Thomas stopping to to make sure no one was lost. You let go of Minho's hand to run faster, wind hitting your face as you kept the building in your sight.
And then you heard a giant crash, followed quickly by an electric surge sent from above. You were all sent flying forward, and you heard a scream before you hit the hard sand, getting some in your mouth.
Your ears rang through the silence, and you turned, seeing someone lying on the floor, unmoving. Your eyes focused, and you let out a desperate scream.
It was Minho.
You crawled towards his limp body, gasping at the smoke rising from his back. You could see even from here that he was badly burnt. Thomas ran past you screaming and picked him up, followed closely by Newt and Aris.
You ran towards them, reaching out to Minho while screaming his name, the lighting now only background noise compared to how loudly you screamed. They dragged him to the door, held open by Frypan as he ushered you all inside, and you ran through behind them, Frypan shutting out the storm as they lay Minho down.
You ran to his side, slapping his face in desperation, needing him to wake up. The others crowded around you, watching in disbelief as you all shook Minho in desperation.
Finally his eyes fluttered, and he gasped softly before letting out a groan of pain. Your tears fell onto him, and you cradled his head in your hands as you laughed in happiness at seeing he was alive.
He blinked, looking up at you in confusion. '[Y/N], thank god you made it.' He groaned, his eyes fixed on you. You smiled through your tears, knowing he'd always be worried for you even though he's the one who'd been hurt.
You looked at him in realisation before leaning down, crashing your lips against his, lost in the moment. He murmured gently before kissing you back, his hands weaving their way into your hair. You could taste sand and your own salty tears but you didn't care, because you finally knew what Newt had meant earlier that same night.
You pulled away, laughing as you leant your forehead on his and whispered to him. 'I love you.' He chuckled in response before gripping onto your face, holding you close to him. 'I love you too.' He smiled, letting out a breath of relief.
You stared into each other's eyes, forgetting about your surroundings as you finally realised your feelings towards each other.
Through your laughing and tears, you heard Newt behind you, his voice breaking loudly through the hushed room. 'Fucking finally.'