Sweet Pea (Riverdale)

Warning: Spoilers if Riverdale season 2
~*+*~
It wasn't unusual for it to rain in Riverdale if anything it was kind of expected. Y/n loved the smell of rain and how the little pitter patter against her bedroom window helped her fall asleep almost instantly. She loved that she could go home take a nice hot shower, put on her over-sized shirt, open the window a little bit so the sound and smell would fill her room and she'd head straight to bed claiming its one of the only times she gets the best sleep. So when she got home after finishing her study session and found out it was raining she sped away in her car racing home and almost tripping up the stairs that would lead to her bedroom.
It wasn't long before the young (Y/H/C) girl was fast asleep probably dreaming of a rainbow and little forest animals only to be woken by the sound of her phone sounding worse than a train horn.
Y/n's Pov
"H-hello?" I asked answering my phone, sleep evident in my voice "Y/n! how's Sweet Pea?" I heard the unmistakable voice of my new friend Toni say, asking about my boyfriend. "Fine... I think. Why?" I asked pulling my covers off. "He and a bunch of other serpents went to the north side and I guess they got into a fight. I'm not sure of all the details but I'm helping Fangs clean up. Just thought Sweet Pea would've come to you since you're close by." Toni said getting my full attention. Just as I was about to ask how everyone was a knock on my front door made my heart start racing. "Hey, ill call you back. I think that's him." I said before hanging up my phone not letting the girl say anything.
Running as fast as my legs could carry me I made my way towards the front door, turning on the lights. Looking through the peephole I saw him. "What happened?" I asked opening the door and letting him in before I fully examined the damage done to him. "These stupid North Side kids." He said following me into my kitchen and sitting at the table, ready for me to start bandage him up, as I always did when he got into fights. Recently it seemed as if this was a regularly accruing thing. Almost like clockwork. Sighing I went to get the first aid kit out of the medicine drawer. "What happened this time?" I asked expecting his face to see where he took the worst hits. "That kid. The leader of that stupid group the Red Circle. a few nights ago we found him tagging on our territory so we went to go confront him but he ended up pulling out his gun an-" My boyfriend started off his story before pausing to hiss at the sensation of the alcohol-drenched cotton ball that came into contact with the cut across his cheek. "Sorry. It might sting" I said giving him a small smile. He gave me a little smirk but continued with his story. " Anyways, we found out where he lived and wanted to show him that you don't mess with serpents. So we got to his house and his girlfriend opened the door and got the attention of the little gingered brat and his teammates. He told me that if I wanted to fight id have to leave my pocket knife and I told him he had to leave his gun so that's what we agreed on. As both sides arrived at the location we started to fight and he threw the first punch landing it and all hell broke loose. So we start going at it and I'm landing hits on his body, out of nowhere his crazy girlfriend arrives and shoots the gun in the air getting all of our attention and that's when we knew it was time to leave." He said finishing his story as I finished applying the last bit of ointment to his cuts. "Why couldn't you just let it go?" I sighed as I put everything away. "What you expect me to let this little punk come to my town and start tagging shit and get away with it?" he said his voice getting louder. " I expect you to actually start thinking about the things you do before you do them," I said turning around, only just then noticing that he was standing right before me. "These privileged North siders think that they can get away with anything because they have it better and I'm sick and tired of it!" He said, the anger radiating off his body. "and you don't think I'm tired of getting calls from one of your friends in the middle of the night telling me that you got into yet another fight?" I said. "You wouldn't understand. you are a north sider," he mumbled turning around to walk away from me but not getting far since my hand reached out to grab him. "I don't think you understand how much my heart breaks every time I get those calls from Toni, or when you tell me what you're going to do and I stay up praying to anyone that's listening to keep you safe. I worry so much about you when you go out and do things like this. I feel sick not knowing if you're going to be okay or if someone took your life. and then I actually get happy whenever you show up to my house so that I can bandage you up, or when you or one of the other guys call me and tell me that your fine because that means that there's another day where I get to live by your side." I said trying to sound strong but my eyes betrayed me by letting a few tears escape my face. "I get that you worry about me but I can't just let things like what that disrespectful little prick did," he said using his thumb to wipe away my tears. "And I get that you have this whole thing about respect but what would've happened if Veronica decided to use that gun to defend her boyfriend? what then? You might not actually see it but you mean so much to me and I have no idea what id do if Toni called me letting me know that you didn't make it.?" I said looking into those eyes I first fell in love with. "Then Toni would've told you that I didn't make it.Look. I can't promise you that I wont get into anymore fights but I promise you that it wont be over stupid stuff." "You find everything stupid" I said causing both of us to let out a small laugh. "All I'm asking is that you return to me in one piece," I said wrapping my arms around his waist and nuzzling my face into his chest. He quickly placed his arms around me and kissed the top of my head before asking me "why do you care so much about what happens to me?" "Because when you love someone you want nothing more than for them to be safe. Plus its my job to care about you." I simply said before placing a kiss on his lips.