Captain Kirk

The Enterprise's cafeteria is bustling, and as you talk to Leonard over the table you feel Kirk sneakily intertwine your fingers. This all started about a week ago, when you'd admitted your feelings towards him, and he admitted his towards you. But, Jim wanted to keep the relationship secret, and you agreed - Nyota Uhura, your best friend, would tease the two of you endlessly if she found out, and the rest of the crew didn't need to know their Captain was dating someone - Spock would say he's 'emotionally compromised'. And so, the two of you had resorted to late night private visits, sneaky hallway kisses, and holding hands when no one was looking. Like now.
"Okay, so get this - I'm standing in the Med Bay, taking care of a patient, when the entire ship starts to tilt. Someone," Bones shoots a look at you, "Had managed to turn off the artificial gravity for our entire floor." You smile sheepishly, as the rest of the table laughs - well, Spock raises an eyebrow, but that's good as it's gonna get. Jim lets go of your hand as Uhura walks over, sitting in between the two of you, and you can't help but feel disappointed. She notices that your smile dropped and squints at you, but you're quick to smile again. If she's noticed, she doesn't let you know, and the table quickly resumes it's banter.
Later, on the bridge, you and Jim keep sneaking each other small smiles and the occasional wink, enough to make you blush. Finally, you can't take it anymore, and you subtly move your head to gesture to the elevator. He nods, and you smile and get out of your chair, passing Uhura and Spock and avoiding eye contact. "Captain." You acknowledge, nodding your head as you pass him to get on the elevator. "Lieutenant." Jim nods towards you as well, turning towards you a moment later and getting on the elevator as well. You stay, still, a few feet apart, until the doors close.
When they finally do, he's on you, one hand around your waist and one cupping your head as he backs you up against the control panel. You reach back, breathless, and press the halt button to stop the elevator before it reaches another floor. "Jim..." You whine, his face dipping down to nip at your neck. "Jim, stop..." You mutter, your hands tangling in his hair. "I'm gonna have hickeys!" You complain, coming up to feel the hot spot on your neck as you playfully shove him away. He just smirks, sidling up to you again. Cocky bastard, you think, but let him, connecting your lips together. After a few moments, once he's pulled away to catch his breath, you swallow heavily.
"Later?" You whisper, adjusting your shirt and your hair as he does the same. "Later." He confirms, planting one last kiss on your cheek before letting the elevator resume it's course. The doors open at your floor, and you get out, turning and winking at him before heading towards the engineering room. You spend an hour fixing things up, consulting with Scotty, and checking on the engines, before you report back to the bridge. Uhura gets on the elevator with you, and you smile at her. She has completely narrowed eyes though, and she tugs at your collar to reveal - "I knew it!" She exclaims, eyes wide at the sight of the hickeys. "Nyota!" You whisper-yell, face reddening as you adjust your collar to hide them again. "So... Who is it?" She whispers, and you shake your head, eyes glued to the floor.
"Fine." She mutters, turning back and raising her head, resuming her regal stance. "I'll find out." She states, marching out of the elevator once it gets to the bridge. You swallow, stepping off as well, knowing just how determined Nyota Uhura can be when she wants to be. Once on the bridge, you try to keep a blank face, holding out your tablet to a technician. "Engines are running smoothly, Captain." You report, avoiding eye contact with Jim. Those blue eyes will make you all flustered, and then your whole secret will be blown. "Excellent, Y/L/N." Jim says, turning back to face the front, and you swiftly turn on your heel to head back to your private quarters.
Once inside, you flop on your bed, groaning. Your secret relationship is exhausting, and you don't know how much longer you can go without telling people. If Nyota and Spock can date, why can't you and Jim? Shaking your head, you stand up to get changed when your communicator goes off. "Lieutenant Y/L/N?" You answer. "Hey, Y/N." Jim says, and you sigh in relief. If he's using your first name you know that he's alone. "Hey, Jim - what's up?" There's a brief pause, then he clears his throat. "Um, I was wondering whether you remembered exactly which connector needed to be replaced?" You pause, thinking, and then answer, "Oh - the blue one." You're slightly confused as to why he's asking you this now, but you guess it is important. "Right. Thank you." For some reason, you don't register how strange he sounds, and you finish the call with, "Right then - see you later, babe. Love you."
He doesn't come to your room later, which frustrates you, but you decide not to say anything. Well, until the two of you are alone. The next day, you get dressed, huffing, and get on the elevator at the same time as Uhura. She has this mischievous smirk on her face, and just as you stop at the engine room she leans in and whispers, "See you later, babe." You furrow your brow, stepping off, and she gives you a sly wave. You don't think anything of it - just Nyota being Nyota, you guess - until your crouched under a broken control panel and Scotty looms over you. "Babe, huh?" He says, causing you to jolt up and smack your head. "What?" You cough, cheeks reddening, and he smirks. "Next time you call Jim babe make sure he's alone." Your eyes widen, cheeks even redder than before, and Scotty laughs. "Might wanna go talk to yer Loverboy." He smirks, walking off, and you stand up, flustered. As you walk towards the elevator, people glance sideways at you and giggle, and your blush deepens.
Reaching the bridge, you're greeted by every face turning towards you except for Jim - who's staring very deliberately out of the window at space, a barely noticeable blush on his cheeks. Chekov spins in his chair, staring at you with a lopsided smirk. "Captain, your 'babe' is here." He says, accent thick, and you shoot him a glare. Jim turns around, very slowly, and offers you a sheepish smile. "Captain?" You ask, trying to keep your voice level and calm. "Can I talk to you for a moment? Alone?" Uhura tries to stifle her giggle but fails, and even a small smile tugs at the corner of Spock's lips. You pull your shoulders back, not waiting for Jim's answer as you stomp out into the hallway. He follows, as you suspected, and you whirl around. "Really, Jim? Really? You couldn't tell me you were with the whole crew?" He shrugs, arm coming up to pull you close to him, resting his forehead on yours. "At least we don't have to hide any more." He offers, smiling cheekily, and you can't help but smile lightly. "Fine." You say, leaning in and planting your lips on his. He reciprocates instantly, hand coming up to your neck, and as the kiss deepens your arms wrap - "Knew it."
You jump apart, eyes wide, as Uhura walks past you smirking. "Hickies are so Kirk's trademark." She says over her shoulder, and you bury your face in your hands as Jim chuckles, slinging his arm over your shoulder. "At least we don't have to hide anymore." You mumble, repeating Jim's words through your hands, and he laughs and kisses the side of your head. "Come on, let's get back to the bridge." He mutters, and you make a move to go but he pulls you back, entwining his hand in yours. You smile, looking up at him, and he gives your hand a gentle squeeze. You don't have to stay hidden anymore.