Sam Winchester

The darkness made for great cover, but it also made it harder to see. And if you were caught by surprise, darkness did not always give you the upper hand. So, you just had to hope that you kept the control.
You knew Sam was on the other side of the house as you, but you really wished the two of you were closer together. You had a really uneasy feeling and didn't want to be alone any longer. But you had to take care of this hunt.
You made your way in the front door, looking all around you, trying to keep an eye on all directions at all times.
But that was impossible.
You felt yourself flying through the air, unable to hold back your scream as you hit the wall with a sickening thud.
You heard Sam's heavy boots running toward you, "Y/N?" he yelled.
The demon was over you, looming as if it were trying to decide what to do, "He'll never save you," the demon said before you felt the knife plunged into you.
"NO!" Sam yelled, stabbing the demon blade into the demon's back, pushing the body away from you, "Baby?"
"I'm sorry, Sam," you said with uneven breaths.
"You're okay, Y/N," he said with tears already streaming down his face, "You have to be okay."
"I love you, Sam," you said, feeling weaker by the second.
"I love you," he cried, "Dean! Cas!" he yelled as you felt yourself start to fade out of consciousness.
"Remember me, Sammy," you whispered.
"You're gonna be okay. Cas will heal you. You'll be okay."
~~~
Sam's POV
I watched her take her last breath just as Dean and Cas ran into the room. I watched the love of my life die in my arms.
"Oh no," Dean said. I could hear him tearing up. Y/N was part of our family. She was like a sister to him. They were best friends. I knew he was hurting too.
"Cas, you have to bring her back," I said, "Bring her back to me."
Cas stepped closer to me, but he didn't look hopeful, "I don't know if I can, Sam. I'm very weak and I don't know if I'll have enough strength."
"Try!" I yelled at him.
Cas knelt down next to us and put his hand over Y/N's wound. Nothing was happening. I didn't feel a change at all.
"Sam ..."
"Don't tell me you can't, Cas," I demanded, "You have to."
"Sam, it's not that easy."
"Someone has to be able to. Please, Cas," I begged, feeling the tears rolling down my cheeks, "I can't lose her."
Cas stepped back and closed his eyes. In an instant, I heard the sound of wings and heard someone walking toward us.
"Gabriel," Dean said his name, letting me know who was there.
I looked up at the archangel, "Gabriel, please."
Gabriel, usually full of laughter and joking, knelt down next to us very stoically, "Sam, I'm going to try. But I don't know if it will work."
"Please."
Gabriel put his hand over Y/N and I saw the bright light as he used his grace to try and bring her back and heal her.
It only took a few seconds, but it felt like it should have taken longer. When Gabriel moved his hand and the light went away, I was worried that it didn't work. But then Gabriel looked at me, "She's alive. It may take some time for her to wake up. I just don't know how this is going to affect the baby."
"Baby!?" Dean, Cas, and I all looked at Gabriel like he was crazy.
"Oh. You didn't know?" he asked.
"I don't think Y/N knew," Dean said, "She wouldn't have come on a hunt if she knew she were pregnant."
I looked down at my girlfriend, now terrified that our baby was going to be in some kind of danger.
~~~
Reader POV
You slowly opened your eyes. Sunlight was streaming in through the window of the motel room, but you had no idea how you got there. The last thing you remembered was being attacked by the demon. Were you in heaven?
"There she is," Dean's voice caught your attention.
You looked over at him just as Sam rushed to your side, "Hey, Baby," he said, smoothing your hair back.
"I was dead," you said.
Sam nodded slightly and I could see the tears in his eyes, "You were for a very short time."
"Did Cas heal me?"
Sam shook his head, "No. He wasn't strong enough. But Gabriel came and used his grace and brought you back."
"Thank you, Gabriel," you whispered.
"It's really good to have you back, Y/N," Dean said, leaning down and kissing your forehead, "I'm gonna head out and get some food. I'm sure you're hungry," he said, making it obvious that he gave Sam some kind of look.
"Thanks, Dean," you nodded.
Dean left the room and you looked at Sam, "I'm so happy you're awake," he said, "I was so worried."
"There's something wrong," you said.
"What do you mean?"
"I can tell. There's a look in your eyes and Dean gave you a look. What's going on, Sam?" you asked.
Sam sighed, "Sweetheart, there's something you should know. Because I really don't think you do."
"What don't I know?" you asked.
"Y/N, Baby, you're pregnant."
You sat up a little too quickly, making yourself dizzy, "I'm what?"
"Easy there," Sam said, pushing you back to lie down, "Yeah. I didn't think you knew either."
"Sam, I didn't know. I wouldn't have hunted if I had known. I'm sorry. Is the baby okay? I didn't lose it, did I?"
Sam smoothed your hair back, "The baby is fine. We just don't know what kind of affect the healing will have on it," he said.
"What do you mean?" you asked.
"They just don't know if it will do anything to the baby or not. But Gabriel checked. The baby is healthy, so I don't think we have anything to worry about."
You put your hands over your face, "I can't believe this is happening."
"I know it's a lot to take in."
"I died, Sam. And now I'm alive and find out I'm pregnant. And that my baby could be affected by angel mojo. This is a lot."
"I know."
"Are you okay, Sam?" you asked.
Sam sighed and the tears started to freely roll down his cheeks, "You died in my arms. I lost you. I was so scared you were really gone forever. I begged Cas to heal you, but he couldn't. I would have done anything to get you back. And then Gabriel healed you and told me about the baby. And I just couldn't help but think about how I almost lost my family. I can't lost you, Y/N," he said.
You put your hand against the side of his face, "I'm right here, Sammy. I'm gonna do everything I can to make sure I stay with you."
Sam leaned into your touch and kissed your palm, "I love you so much."
"I love you too."
~~~
You knew you were probably squeezing Sam's hand way to hard, but he wasn't showing any signs of discomfort as he coached you through labor.
"You're doing great, Baby," Sam said.
"I need one more big push, Y/N," the doctor instructed.
You took a deep breath and pushed with everything you had. And then all of a sudden, you heard the sound of your baby crying.
"He's perfect, Y/N," Sam said as the doctor put your little boy on your chest, "You did it, Baby."
You looked down at the crying baby and smiled, "I can't believe you're here," you said, touching his tiny hand.
The nurses took your son to get cleaned up and Sam leaned down to kiss your forehead, "You were amazing," he said.
You smiled up at him, "He is worth all of the pain."
~~~
You watched as Gabriel looked over your son to see if he could tell the possible effects of using his grace when he healed you.
"He's gonna be fine," Sam whispered in your ear.
You nodded, leaning against him, "Gabe?" you urged him to speak, to tell you anything he was finding.
"Well, he's perfectly healthy," Gabriel said, "But he is going to need a protector for his entire life."
"Why?" you asked, feeling a sense of panic setting through you.
"Y/N, you gave birth to a prophet."
"What?" your eyes went wide.
"I guess some of my grace went into him. He's going to grow up to be a prophet," Gabriel said.
You put your hand over your mouth in surprise.
"Who's going to protect him?" Sam asked.
"I will," Gabriel said without hesitation. I'll always be with him. I'll make sure nothing ever happens to him."
You smiled, "Thank you, Gabe," you felt the tears, "Thank you for saving our lives and for being here for our family."
Gabriel cradled your son in his arms, "You're very welcome. I'd do it all again if I had to."
Sam pulled you against his side, "We really can't thank you enough, Gabriel," Sam said, "We owe you. I owe you."
Gabriel shook his head, "Sam, I've never seen someone so distraught. I know that I have lived many, many years, but I have grown quite attached to you, Dean, and Y/N. I couldn't just let her die."
"And now we have a sweet little baby," you said.
"He will grow up to do great things."
Dean entered the room and smiled, "Hell yeah he will. He's a Winchester."