Nick Butkhardt

A/N: I am so so sorry. I've been extremely busy with school, and what I'm going to do after school and when I get out. Also I've had piles of essays to write and various other things. I am so sorry again. But it takes me a long time to write stories and publish them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is what Nick Burkhardt looks like, if you don't know....

You and Nick ran through the massive abandoned church, you both had your guns raised and your flash lights turned on to see in the deep dark corners of the church, the two of you were after an unknown Wesen that had just randomly appeared out of n...

You and Nick ran through the massive abandoned church, you both had your guns raised and your flash lights turned on to see in the deep dark corners of the church, the two of you were after an unknown Wesen that had just randomly appeared out of no where, it seemed no one seemed to have remember seeing it before and it wasn't in Nick's journal, so the two of you had to be ultra careful with this one.
"over there!" you said shining your flashlight over to the creaking door "I'll go first" he told you in a hushed tone, the two of you slowing down as you both of you reached the big heavy wooden door that was some how still attached to it's hinges, considering it's been abandoned for years now, your foot steps fell in time with Nicks, you nodded your head in response to Nick, both of you pressing your backs against the cold wall, by the already open door.
Nick looked over to you briefly, you gave him a firm nod of your head, watching as Nick quickly sifted around the open door, shining his light into the room, you followed behind him a few minutes later when you heard some things breaking and metal clanging together, along with the odd gunshot, just as you stepped through the door, you saw the wesen spray Nick with something, making Nick wobble on the spot.
The unknown Wesen pushed passed you, knocking you into the wooden door frame roughly, you turned around and fired a few rounds at the wesen, a couple of them whizzing passed it's head and two hitting the wesen once in the leg and once in the side.
The unknown wesen stumbled away the best it could with a bullet in it's leg and you turned around to see Nick laying on the floor, he appeared to be breathing you quickly put the gun away and ran over to Nick "Nick? hey Nick buddy?" you said, slapping his cheek and shaking his shoulders, you sighed and pulled your phone out of your pocket "okay Nick, I'll just call Monroe" you said to him, looking around the small for anything you could use to wake him up with, as you pressed your thumb against the glass of you phone to call Monroe.
It took him a little while to answer the phone, by this time you found some dead flowers in a blue vase that had some water in it still, someone must have used this place for something, you stood over Nick and tipped the water and the dead flowers over Nick's just as Monroe answered the phone "[Y/N]?" you smiled "hey Monroe, I need help in figuring something out" you said down the phone, grinning at Nick as he looked up at you.
"What exactly are you need of help figuring out exactly?" he sighed out, you raised your eyebrows and chewed the inside of you cheek, moving away from Nick as he stood up, coughing a bit "I'm not sure, Nick just got sprayed in the face with something, just come-" you stopped halfway through your sentence when Nick wrapped his arms around your waist from behind you, his chin resting on your shoulder.
"[Y/N]? hello? [Y/N]?" you heard Monroe panic, you shook your head and stepped away from Nick, giving him a confused look and pointing at the phone "sorry, I'm here Monroe" you assured, frowning at Nick who was smiling at you, you heard Monroe lease a deep breath down the phone, muttering a 'thank god for that' "look Monroe can you bring the car around?" you asked him, holding a hand out in front of you as Nick tried to pull you into a hug, you pushed as hard as you could to keep him away from you.
Before Monroe could reply, you ended the phone call and walked out of the room, with Nick following close behind "hey, [Y/N] did I ever tell you that you have really nice eyes" Nick broke the silence, slinging his arm over your shoulders "like they literally twinkle in the sun light" he sighed, you pushed his arm away from your shoulders and continued walking until you found Monroe stood outside the drivers side of the car.
"Did I mention your hair looks amazing" Nick said as he caught up with you, you rolled your eyes "Nick, just shut up and get in the car" you instructed, pulling the back door open for him, when he wouldn't move you frowned and pushed him into the back seat, slamming the door shut "Monroe, Nick is acting weird" you said turning around to face a very confused Monroe "your telling me" he whispered, shaking his head.
You walked around to the passenger side of the car and slipped into the front seat, quickly buckling up, you sighed, leaning your head against the headrest and closing your eyes. the whole ride back to your place was spent ignoring every compliment that Nick gave you.
You had wanted his attention, that's very much true, but seeing as he and Juliette broke up a couple of months ago, there just wasn't any right time for you to tell him how you felt, not that he felt the same way, or so you thought.
As soon as Monroe stopped the car out side your house, you hopped out giving the boys a quick wave before you pushed your way through the front door, close it behind yourself and locked it, you then trudged up the stairs to your bedroom where you ripped your clothed off and took a hot shower, that you really needed, relaxing every tense muscle in your body, you then pulled a t-shirt on that was way too big for you and slipped into bed.
-The next day-
You had been woken up multiple times by Nick calling you through the night, so when he finally stopped calling you at 3 in the morning you got a couple of hours sleep, which was interrupted by your alarm clock going off at 7, you had mentally cursed yourself for setting the time that early, yet you couldn't do anything about it seeing as you had to work.
You groggily got out of bed and slipped into some clothes for the day, you weren't going to be going anywhere today, apart from Monroe's place to find out what he came up with, with or without Nick, you were just hoping Nick was back to his normal self before you got to the department.
You quickly ran around the house, brushing your teeth as you searched for the keys to your car, the car that Monroe dropped you off in last night, you couldn't believe you let Monroe take your car back to his "just what I need today" you grumbled, throwing the toothbrush in the skin and quickly running out the house, picking up the spare front door key and your mobile on your way.
You ran all the way to the police department, knowing you were going to be a few minutes late, you never liked being late because you usually got a desk full of paperwork to work your way through which would take you a few hours to do, considering you would always find something more interesting to do than sitting around and doing some paper work from the case the day before.
As you reached the steps of the police department, you sprinted up the steps, not caring if you ran into anyone, you were already late for the start of your shift, you quickly ducked under a mans arm as he held the door open, his back facing you, you stepped over a few bits and pieces laying around on the floor, slowing down as you reached your desk, which was situated right by Nick's and Hank's.
You pulled your chair out, not too fussed that it scrapped along the floor and sat down, placing your forehead on the desk in front of you "you okay?" hank laughed, pushing himself away from the computer, you groaned in response, raising a hand slightly and giving him a small wave, Hank just laughed again.
"I'm so god damn exhausted" you whined, just as you turned your head a cup from some coffee shop was placed in front of you, you instantly shot into a sitting position "thank you so much" you beamed, taking the hot drink your hands and taking a sip, looking up to see Nick smiling at you "oh hey, Nick" you said awkwardly, averting your gaze back to your blank computer screen.
"Hey, [Y/N]" Nick said cheerfully, Hank looked from you to Nick and just shrugged his shoulders, he knew that the two of you were really close friends, so really he wasn't surprised when Nick brought you a coffee, although hank was hoping Nick had one for him "so are you feeling better now?" you asked Nick, looking at him out the corner of your eyes "you were acting pretty weird yesterday" you stated, putting the cup down and turned your computer on.
"Huh? was feeling fine yesterday, sweetheart" Nick told you, you spat the coffee that was in your mouth all over your desk "excuse me?" you breathed out, quickly pulling a few napkins out of the top draw and started to wipe the coffee up, holding the cup in one hand, Nick quickly got up from his chair and rubbed your back "I said I was feeling fine yesterday" he repeated.
"A-are you sure?" you stuttered, turning around to look at him, Nick gave you a questioning look and nodded his head, Nick was still acting weird and you didn't like it one bit, this wasn't the Nick you were used to "okay" you mumbled, turning back around you stared at your hands for a minuted, before you decided to get to work on the mountain of paper work that you were sure as stacked up beside you, you hadn't noticed if there was anything there or not in your tired state.
You reached a hand out to the pile, but your hand just fell to the surface of the desk, so you tried again with a slight frown on your face, so when you came up empty again you turned to see that there was no paperwork to be done "where the hell is the paperwork?" you asked, jumping from your chair, looking everywhere on the desk "I done it for you, sweetheart" Nick laughed from behind you, you turned around quickly exchanging a confused look with Hank "sweetheart?" you and Hank asked in unison.
"Yeah, I like it, I think it suits her" Nick winked at you, you blushed and looked down at the floor, cursing under your breathe, you looked up through your eye lashes at Nick who was staring at you, you cleared your throat turned back around, pulling your phone out of your pocket, you quickly brought up Monroe's details tapping the call button.
You felt a strong pare of arms wrap around you and a chin being placed on your shoulder "hey so, I was wondering something" Nick whispered to you, you could feel his warm breathe on your neck, your breathing stopped for a second and a shiver went down your spine, you swallowed and placed the phone to your ear, with shaking hands.
"Have you figured it out yet? please say you have, I don't think I can handle any more of Nick being affectionate" you mumbled before Monroe could even say a word "kind of?" he muttered down the phone, you could hear pages from a book being turned over, Nick nuzzled his face into your neck "Nick stop that" you gasped, turning around in his arms.
You looked over at Hank who looked as if he was gagging, you gave him an apologetic smile "look, [Y/N] I'll tell you everything later" Monroe said to you and hung up before you could say anything, you huffed and put your phone on the desk and turned back to Nick who was rubbing circles on your back, with his thumbs.
"What on earth got into you Nick" you asked, pushing his hands away, although you were slightly liking it "nothing" he responded "anyway, as I was saying I was wanted to ask you something" he smiled at you, his eyes holding so much emotion "I'm a little busy right now Nick" you told him, pushing your way out of his arms.
The rest of the day went by slowly, Nick would often call you a cute name that would make you blush ten fold, he would some times lean against your desk and brush you hair from your face he spoke to you, he even kissed you on the cheek a couple of times, making the blush even more visible.
-After work at Monroe's-
You had just stepped through the front door of Monroe's house when Nick suddenly brought you into a bone crushing hug, you had almost hoped that Nick wouldn't be there, but considering it was Monroe he probably invited Nick over "I missed you" Nick mumbled into your hair, you blushed a deep red and pointed at Nick as you looked at Monroe quietly, who just watched in amusement.
"We uh....saw each other at work a couple of hours ago Nick" you said nervously, slipping out of his grasp and standing behind Monroe, who shook his head and laughed, grabbing your upper arm and Nick's pulling you both into the living room, he stood between the two of you.
"Okay, so I found out that the thing Nick was sprayed with, is the thing that's making him act this way" Monroe said, waving a hand out in front of himself while the other one was keeping Nick in his place "right...so what the fucking hell did it do to him?" you asked him, looking around him to see Nick stood there with a frown on his face, because he couldn't get to you.
Monroe smiled at you "it made him fall in love with the first person he saw and that just so happened to be you" Monroe responded, pointing a finger at you, your heart stopped in your chest "s-so...h-he doesn't really feel like this to me?" you stuttered, mentally yelling at yourself for making yourself believe he actually did have some kind of romantic feelings towards you.
Monroe's smile faltered as he looked at the painful expression that crossed your features, Monroe knew your feelings towards Nick and he's always kept them a secret from his friend "I'm sorry" he mumbled quietly to you, you just nodded your head "i-is there um......anything to cure it?" you asked, looking at the floor, just anywhere that isn't Nick's gorgeous blue eyes, that were always burning a hole in your skin.
"Yeah, yeah just hold on a second" Monroe said and rubbed your arm as he walked passed you into the kitchen, as soon as Monroe was out of the living room Nick pulled you into another hug, kissing the top of your head, your arms were by your side, you didn't hug him back and you didn't even try to push him away "come on sweetheart, don't be sad" he mumbled into your hair, his eyes closed.
"I'm not" you said flatly, keeping your arms firmly by your side "even without the potion being sprayed in my face, I would still feel the same about you, as I do now" he tried to comfort you, you finally placed your hands on his chest and pushed him away from you "your just saying that because of the potion" you stated, crossing your arms, putting emphasis on 'because'.
Monroe walked back in with a glass in his hands and some kind of weird looking liquid, you scrunched your nose up at the drink as Monroe walked passed you, rubbing your arm in a comforting manner again.
You quickly picked up your car keys and excused yourself before Nick could drink the questionable liquid in the glass and walked out the front door, getting into your car, you drove back home, you couldn't look at Nick, you didn't even want to hear Nick telling you how sorry he was for getting your hopes up, you didn't want to see the pity in his eyes as he let you down.
-At home-
You were sat on the couch, the television was on but you weren't paying any attention to it, you just kept looking over at your phone, hoping Nick would call you and talk to you, but considering you practically confessed your feelings for him, a few hours ago, that idea looked as if it was shot in the face by a horse tranquilizer.
Another hour passed and you had started to give up on the fact that maybe Nick would call you and talk about things, maybe call you and ask about what happened today, because for some odd reason he can't remember anything up until the point he drank the drink Monroe gave him.
You had hoped that maybe he didn't remember anything so you could act as normal as possible, that he didn't remember you practically stuttering over the fact that Nick didn't have any kind of romantic feelings for what so ever, so you can move and not look into the pitying look he was bound to give you, if he remembers.
You were brought out your deep thoughts by a sudden knocking on your door, you sighed and put the bottle of alcohol on the coffee table, slowly making your way to your front door, you stood there for a second and took a deep breathe and pulled the door open, you didn't get chance to say anything when Nick pulled you into a passionate kiss.
No matter how shocked you were and how much your mind was screaming at you that it was because of the potion and he must not have taken the weird looking liquid, you kissed him back, Nick pulled back a smile on his face "I've wanted to that for years" he breathed out.
You blushed and stared at him "you drank the drink" you squeaked out, Nick nodded his head "yes I did and I also kissed the girl I thought I may have lost forever" he said, pulling you out of the hallway and onto the porch.