Jim Kirk

Jim ran down the hall of Starfleet HQ. Part of walls crumbled down, leaving gaps on the floor. He coughed from all the smoke that the fires erupted. It was just supposed to be a meeting, but Khan's attack took everyone by surprise.

But it also took some lives. Christopher Pike, his captain, the only father figure he had left, was dead. He saw him lying there with Commander Spock hovering over him. His hands were dry with the blood. He thought the tears that escaped his eyes were endless until Spock told him to go.

He had to do something. The helicraft was shooting lasers at the building, damaging it and killing people. He took off onto the latch on the wall and tried his best to rip the box away from it. He succeeded, taking a few wires with him. He took the box in hand and stared intently at it, then shifting his attention to the helicraft.

The clock is ticking... He started to panic. It was getting closer. An idea popped into his mind. Holding the box with one hand and the wires with the other, he waited until the craft got closer. Any second now... Jim thought anxiously. Now! He threw the box at what looked like the engine.
The box clashed with the engine, making the helicraft spin around, facing Jim. It started shaking, as if its insides were mixing together. He spotted the long face of Khan shooting him a death glare before the craft went down. Jim went to the edge of the broken glass and looked down. The black outline of a helicraft fell in the distance. He knew this war wasn't over yet.

Now Jim was running, running away from the cries and the screams, from all the corpses of other captains. He didn't dare say anything about being frightened though. A captain must be brave. They do not cry in front of their crewmates.

That's when he saw you. You were in the hall, helping people up and getting them to safety. He smiled faintly at you. The both of you were "something."

The endless flirting aboard the Enterprise made the crew sick to their stomachs, but nonetheless, they wanted you to be together. Jim's attention switched back to you when building rumbled again. The woman you were helping screamed, but you were silent, only determination in your eyes.

"Go!" You yelled as the other people scurried to the exits. But he sensed something else was wrong. Jim ran full speed towards you. "Y/N!" He yelled, fear laced in his voice. You turned towards him, alarmed at the sudden yell. The deep rumbling sound came again. I'm almost there... "Jim," you choked out. The alarmed look he gave you made you look up.

That's when the ceiling gave in, pieces of the flooring falling on top of you. "Y/N!" Jim screamed, making his way to you. With his scarred hands, he tried to shove off the heavy marble tiles. Oh God, please don't be...

His breathing stopped when he saw you, eyes closed. Gashes were all over you, with a big one right atop of your eyebrow. What scared him the most was that you weren't moving. You weren't breathing, just completely still. He shook your shoulders lightly.

"Y/N, please open your eyes..." Jim pleaded, caressing your face with his hand. No answer. "Please don't go. I lost Pike and I can't lose you too," A single tear rolled down his cheek.

"Please."

Jim felt as if the universe has turned on him. It wasn't fair. He lost so many people, he didn't know if he could go on. Gripping your lifeless body, he sobbed, whispering pleads in your ear.
"I won't be able to live without you."

Jim closed his eyes and thought of you. The both of you had a plan. That the both of you would someday retire from Starfleet, marry, maybe have kids someday. You were supposed to be together. But now he knew that was impossible.

Because Jim had lost you.