Three

Edited
There were several things I could do at this point, one being turning around and chickening out. I knew someday I would deeply regret not telling the father, so I opted out on leaving right now. Instead I sat there for a few moments. Then finally, I decided.

With shaky hands, I pulled open the building's doors and gathered enough courage to stumble through. My eyes widen when I came in contact with a very high priced chandelier, dark red carpet and gold rimming walls. Everything here stood out with perfection and nothing made my fingers twitch until I fixed it. 

Leather couches and recliners were in a small spot next to me, in place of a waiting room. The lights were dimmed to bring out the features of the room. This building was beautiful and professional. 

Yet here I was in sweat pants and my ex's sweatshirt he had left. My attire was standing out from such a place and anyone could see it. I couldn't believe my one night guy had this great possession and company. 

Sighing lightly, still nervous as ever and possibly more, I made my way to the front desk clerk and cleared my throat. She paused, looking up at me expectantly as she took in my appearance. She frowned, but stayed silent. 

"I, yes, can I speak to mister..." I trailed off, completely forgetting the guys name once again. Looking over her shoulder, I saw the company's sign and smiled slyly. "Raven Pierce, please?"

She averted her eyes to the computer screen, before shaking her head and sighing. "Do you have an appointment."

"No?" I furrowed my eyebrows, glancing around the room. 

Looking back to the computer, it was like realization hit her because her facade suddenly turned cold. "Then I ask you to please leave."

Eyes wide, I instantly throw my hands in the air in protest. "Wait, wait, wait! I need to talk to him, I have something very important to discuss."

"Thats what they all say," she muttered unhappily. I gave her a sour look, knowing this probably doesn't happen everyday. "Please leave before I call security." 

"Look, just give him this then, would you?" I pulled out the envelope from my purse, sliding it over her tall desk and down to her. I pressed my fingers to my temple and rubbed them before giving her a small smile. 

She eyes it skeptically but, noticed my face morphed into exhaustion, and took it. Nodding my head, I turned to leave the building and go home when she had stopped me. 

"You're not here for more, are you?" She voiced slowly, as if trying to figure out why I must be there. I shake my head. 

"No, I'm not. I'm just here to relay an important message." I made my way to the door. "Thanks."

Guiltly, she gave me a glance. "Stay here," she sighed, picking up her desk phone and using her pointer finger to present the comfy looking waiting room. I carefully walked over to the chairs and sat down, whipping out my phone to anxiously text Liz. 

A couple minutes later, the elevator doors from next to the clerk desk popped open, a soft ding entering the silent room. I turned my head and looked over my shoulder to watch a man walk out. He seemed as if he was confident in this building, walking like a proud and professional owner. The guy wore a dark black suit that complimented his long black hair, spiraling down to his shoulders. He had a sharp jaw structure with fine features and soft, pink lips. 

In other words, he was hot

Sucking in a sharp breath, I watched him communicate with the clerk. She said a few words before handing him my envelope. He had slowly taken it, plucked out the paper and skimmed his chocolate brown eyes over the words. Then his eyes flew towards me.