Thirty

Yay! Ten more chapters than any of my other books! Thank you all so much for the support.

I woke to the sound of a baby's cry. At first, I didn't immediately recognized what the sound was. When I finally registered it, I got off the bed to reach down and grab her, but I touched nothing.

Sobering up, I frantically looked for my daughter. Just as I was to turn on the lights and wake up Liz, a familiar voice rang in my ears.

"I wouldn't do that, Tesoro. You girls need your sleep."

I huffed a little and went to the dresser where Raven stood, holding Diana. "What do you want?"

"To hold my child, of course."

I scoffed at him, running a hand through my knotted hair. "She's not yours. She's mine, so give." I placed my arms out to feel the comfort of my baby, but I was only hit with cold air.

"No, Deficiente, this is my  bambino."

"Isnt she hungry?"

"Doesn't seem like it."

I scrunched my nose but reached out to at least move the small wisps of brown hair. My daughter look more like Raven than anything, with her strong features and gorgeous hair. I hated the fact that she looked like him at all, but I was thankful she was my baby.

He let me caress her soft face for a moment before putting her back in the crib. I went to roll into bed and ignore a killer's presence, but rough hands grabbed onto my waist.

I could feel his breath on my face as he talked, and could just imagine what his lips would look like if the lights were on. "If you ever do something so idiotic again, I will kill you."

My breathing hitched as I felt his hard chest under my palms when I went to push him away. He pulled me closer to his hard body and I felt the ridges of abs on his stomach. My face heated up as I thought of the delicious taste of his lips on my own.

Stop it. He's bad, Kenzie.

Just when his lips almost connected with mine for the first time since that night, my thoughts cane slamming back down like a truck. "Let go."

His hands released me and he stepped away, surprisingly. I held onto myself the moment the cold air nipped at my skin again. Raven's breath left my face and I felt a small pinch of sadness wash over me, before I quickly locked it away.

No. Bad, Kenzie. Dont think of him like that. He kidnapped you! Threatened to kill you.

I watched an outline escaped through the door and heard it close. Slowly, I turned to Diana's crib to rub her face softly with her teal blanket. I started to him a song before actually singing it to her.

"When the world is darker than I can understand," I whisper, trying not to wake her or Liz. "When nothing turns out the way I planned."

Diana moved around but thankfully staying asleep. "When the sky turns grey and there is no end in sight." My eyes burned with unshed tears as I think of that she would miss as a normal baby. "When I can't sleep through the lonely night. I turn to you."

I could feel LizAnnie moving off the bed and she came next to me, wrapping a supportive arm around my shoulder. "Like a flower leaning towards the sun," she whispered, too, continuing on with the song. "I turn to you 'cause your the only one."

I placed my head on my best friend as we chorused sadly, "You can turn me round, when I I'm upside down. I turn to you."

We held onto each other for dear life, our voices hoarse and dry by the time we finished. My throat was constricted and I could feel my heart shattering just looking at my beautiful creation. Flashes of what has been happening since my pregnancy and what could happen in the future was what I feel asleep to.

If it wasn't for the fact that I was a mother bow, I would have slammed somebody's face in for talking while I was sleeping. Earlier, I had peeked through my eyelashes to see it was indeed my best friend being annoying and talking to my daughter, who stared at her like a nutcase. Poor Diana had gone through so much just to end up with her crazy godmother.

Heaving a sigh, I threw off the covers from my hairy legs and decided to take full advantage of my preoccupied daughter. Just as I was stretching, Diana some how looked my way without moving her head and cried.

"Dang it," I cursed under my breath, leaning down to pick her up so she was cradled in my arms. "Can't you let me take a shower?"

LizAnnie stood up and handed me her blanket. "It's only the third day, mom, what fun would that be?"

When Diana didn't hush her cried, I nodded in realization. "Oh I know what this is." I walked over to magically get the boppy and cover than sat on the bed. "Hold on grumpy gills, you'll be fed."

I put my head through the round hole of the cover and stuck the boppy around my waist, setting Diana on it to have some support. When she saw what was coming, she got giddy and fussed more until her moth was on me. It felt weird to breast feed, seeing as Diana was my first kid and all. The sensation was making me squirm is and want to push her off, but I resisted and laid my head back.

"Jason said that we have some event to attend to," Liz says, picking up the Veggie Tales rug and toys left out. I peered over at her and frowned.

"Why? Aren't prisoners not suppose to be public?" I distinctly remember that's what Raven said when he banned us from going outside anymore.

Liz came over to me. "I have no clue. The dresses are in the closet. When you're done you can take a shower while I watch Dee."

I sighed and finished up quickly with my baby. Liz and I switched places after my shower and I quickly got dress, all the while keeping my eyes glued to the baby on the floor.

The dress they gave me was a navy blue and came down to my knees, a black, thick belt in the middle. Silver heels and jewelry were paired with it and I slipped then on.

"Now for the fun part," I exclaimed happily, picking up Dee and letting her rest on my shoulder until she was on the changing table. I clipped her on it and bent down to look in the small drawers connected to the table.

Pink, purple, teal and many other variety of colors were in all her dresses. I decided to not stick the poor kid into anything fancy just yet, and pulled out a flamingo onesie. Liz slipped on her outfit while I changed Dee and got ready for the stupid event we were suppose to attend.

"Aw, she looks adorable!"

I nodded excitedly at LizAnnie and picked Diana up, settling her in my best friends arms. We sat there chatting for a little until Jason came into to take us.

Yay. So happy to be with my kidnappers.