Seventeen

Cory stood there shell shocked, as did the rest of us. Though, my eyes did lower to see blood dripping from his arm. His free hand held tightly at the top of the wound as we all watched.

"What the heck?" I yelled, not removing my gaze from the wound. "Jason, get the first Aid kit."

Jason left the room as Raven stuffed away his gun. I marched over to Cory, pushing him onto the chair and ripping apart his short to check the bullet wound. LizAnnie was right beside me, also waiting for the Aid kit.

When Jason did come back, I wasn't given enough time to take it because a hand was wrapped under my arm, painfully, and pulling me away. The more I fought and protested the more pain I felt, so instead I grumpily followed the person into another room.

"What are you doing?" Raven question as soon as we are alone.

"Helping him." Obviously

Raven's eyed gleamed with mischief as he looked down at me. "No, no. He doesn't need help, sweetheart. Remember how mean he is to you and hold that grudge."

I bit my lip. "I can't do that. I hate all of you but I'm not going to let a bullet sit in his arm as he bleeds out more than a girl in her period."

Raven kept those cold beady eyes stay neutral. I was beginning to think he has no emotion what's so ever. "You're only here because of the fetus."

"Child," I corrected, hating that name. "And how do you know it's yours? You killed the doctor before the test."

He smirked, showing the only emotion I have seen and hated. "Only pregnant woman slap a man who is high in power and could instantly destroy you with the snap of his fingers."

I rolled my eyes. "Doesn't explain how you knew its yours. It's obvious im pregnant."

Looking up at him was a challenge because for one, he was pretty tall. And two, he was sexy and I could get in serious trouble with these hormones. Somehow I managed to keep a straight face throughout all of this.

"Listen, doll face, you don't want to know what I do. How I get my information isn't something you would like and I'd rather not have a crazy fat lady yelling at me."

My face morphed into pure anger and I didn't know how much longer I could keep my mouth closed. "Whatever. What happened to my threat? Hmm? Stay away from my child," I repeated, remembering what I had said.

Raven grinned. Like an actual full blown out grin. To me, though, it seemed kind of creepy. "Baby, your threat means nothing. I'm not staying away from the kid."

So what? My child is going to be like you? A killer? No thanks.

"My child isn't going to be like you."

That's when he stepped closer, brushing my hair back behind my ear as he leaned down. He was so close I could smell the shots he had taken. I wanted to taste those shots so badly, the closest I could get to having alcohol.

"That's where you're wrong, Vita Mia. They will be like me. I have to have someone take my place."

If I reached up just an inch, his lips would be on mine. I could practically taste the sweet tang of the alcohol and saltiness of his plump lips. Everything about him had my body reacting to, and I didn't like it.

But just an inch closer...

"I can't let that happen," I whispered against his soft lips, them moving slightly with mine. "They could be killed."

Raven chuckled, moving his lips away from mine towards my neck. My breathing hitched as I closed my eyes, forgetting everything around me for the moment.

I had to wrapped my arms around his tall frame in order to keep my heavy self up. "That's their job. As my bambino, they must take my place."

And suddenly, it was if I had snapped awake. I ripped myself from his chilling touch to stare into his dark eyes. "You think it's okay to give them a job that could kill them?!"

I couldn't believe the filth that was escaping his lips at the moment. Even if he was teasing the crap out of me and speaking Italian, you don't threaten my child's life.

Raven let me go and stood up straight. "It's a family tradition. Once the child is old enough, they take over my spot. First born."

I threw my hands up in frustration. "It's a TRADITION to set your kid up to die?! What the crap?"

I had to get out of here. This wasn't safe for any of us and the longer we stay the more my child grows. And the closer they get to becoming some gang leader.

Raven puller me back as I tried to leave, my back bumping his chest. I fought against his strong arms but because I was pregnant, I didnt last very long. My struggles were fatal after a moment.

"Deficiente, you don't have a choice in this," he purred softly in my ear. I gritted my teeth as he kissed my hair until he got down to my neck.

"I do. This is my child."

"Non funziona in quel modo, Tesoro, I am in charge of you."

I thrashed in his arms, careful of hitting my stomach as I tried to break away. When she had finally let me go, I was fuming with anger.

"No one, is in charge of me," I replied darkly, turning to head out of the room. This time, Raven didn't stop me as I went back to the room Cory was at. As I came into view, LizAnnie dashed my way to make sure I wasn't hurt. When she realized I was fine, she glanced at Cory.

"He's fine. I got the bullets out."

I nodded. "Thank you. I'm sorry I left."

"Don't be. It's not your fault."

--------------

Italian words!

Tesoro- sweetheart

Non funziona in quel modo- it does not work that way

Deficiente- moron

Bambino- child

This last one is a secret. You guys have to guess it ;)

Vita Mia