Two

Edited
My head was spinning, out of control kind of spinning. I kept my eyes closed and my hands curled into fists, trying to forget for just a couple more minutes. But it was in the back of my mind, the one night I let loose and was irresponsible. 

Groaning, I shifted on my bed, rubbing the dried up tears. I knew I could never be the most respected mother, I stopped my life in one night. The path I was taking was redirected and I was stumbling down this road a lot quicker than I had ever hoped. 

Most importantly, I didn't know how I would ever find the one who was with me that night. I couldn't force him in a relationship, nor could I beg him to help with our child. The least I could do was tell him, though.

Slowly lifting my heavy head, I peeled my eyes open to look at the clock next to my bed. I squinted, squeezing my hands around the body pillow I was currently lying on, and read the time. 

7:30 am.

Irritated, I slammed my head back onto the pillow, which didn't help my pounding head. Rubbing my temples, I attempted to relax my brain and not get a headache so early in the morning. My lungs took in deep breaths.

LizAnnie snored obnoxiously beside me, reminding me that I had allowed her to sleep over. I needed as much comfort and positive reinforcement as I could to get through this pregnancy and she was my sturdy rock.

"Wake up," I hissed, shoving her slightly. Her snoring rumbled and wavered because of the movement, but she still was sound asleep. Scowling, I shoved her harder. Unfortunately for her, I was strong and my force pushed her completely off the bed. 

She fell with a thud, yet she didn't wake. I grumbled under my breath, kicking off the sheets and leaving the room. I had made it to the opposite side of the house to the kitchen, when my stomach gurgled. My throat started to constrict, but I sucked in sharp breaths. 

The longer I stood, though, the more upset my stomach was. Using my track team efforts from high school, I was able quickly take myself  to the bathroom in time. I had forgotten it was a new day and that meant more hours to spew out whatever was in my system.

When I slammed open the door to the bathroom, tears sprung from my eyes and I crumbled to my knees. My stomach lurched painfully for what felt like hours. After I was settled, Liz stood at the door with a face full of pity.

I gave her a small smile. "Sorry I woke you," I murmured. 

Rolling her eyes, she took a cloth from the cabinet above me, wet it, and placed it on the nape of my neck. "No you're not. I was on the floor by the time I heard you choking and coughing up a lung." She gave me a look to which I shrugged at. 

"Well, I'm sorry you had to hear that. Though, in my defense, you had fallen off the bed when I woke up."

Her glare hardened as she sat beside me. "You pushed me," she snapped. I laughed lightly and gave her a closed mouth smile. "Anyway, how are you?" Her hand lifted to my head, pushing a loose tendril behind my ear to feel my temperature.

"Hungry."

Her face morphed into bewilderment. "You had just gotten rid of food! Now you want more?"

I bit my lip, rolling it between my teeth as I shifted on the cold tiled floor. Pushing myself up, I wobbled to the sink on half asleep legs to brush my teeth. LizAnnie offered to make breakfast and I obliged, knowing I wouldn't be capable of doing it myself.

I cleaned myself up, washing away the stress and tiredness from my face. I left the bathroom with my hair tied up and headed back to the kitchen, watching Liz pull ingredients from my cabinets. "What are you making?"

She scoffed, as if it was obvious. "Cinnamon rolls. The only thing I know how to make." I grinned happily and sat at the island, waiting for her delicious delights to pop out of the oven and feed my now empty stomach.

"So," she started as she put a ton of sugar and other things together. "How do you plan on telling the dad?"

I froze, paling visibly as I realized I didn't know the answer. "Liz," I drag out her name, looking away from her intense gaze when she turned. "I-I don't... know him."

Dropping my head in silent submission, I cringed, waiting for the harsh words to come spilling from her mouth. I knew she wouldn't be cheerful in this situation, nor would she be exceedingly angry. Yet, I felt like I desevered whatever dirt came from her mouth. Like I was a troubled child who rebelled against their parents and got caught. 

"Kenzie," she sighed. I looked up to see her now focused on rolling the dough. Parting my lips to respond, I lean forward. She didn't let me speak, though. "Why?"

Biting my lip, I fiddled with my thumbs. "LizAnnie it wasn't suppose to happen! I-I didn't," I huffed in frustration. "I didn't-"

"I know," she interrupted in a soft voice. 

The oven went off and informed us it was preheated. She played with the sugar and dough a little more before tossing them in the oven to bake. When it was done, we ate together in silence, our minds too engrossed with the same topic.

As I finished, I gave Liz a short explanation as to where I was going, changed, and left the apartment for fresh air. I needed to think this over properly and remember what had happened that night. 

The chilly wind made me shiver, but I dealt with it because I love the cold. Sighing blissfully, I walked past my car in the parking lot and towards the sidewalk. When I knew I was far enough, I traced and skimmed over the memories in my head, passing the part of when I first saw him; leaning casually over the bar to flirt with the bartender. She was lean and bright red headed, but didn't fall for his charm. 

After a moment, he had turned to me with a mischievous smile. I had quickly looked away, but by then I was a victim of his charm and handsome good looks. 

He was dangerously good looking that night, everything about him appealed to me. Then he slipped me from Liz and we were gone. 

Looking around, I crossed the street and kept going back in the memories. When I pressed further, my head started to pound harder. I didn't want to harm myself but, I needed to know. 

"His name," I cursed under my breath. "What was his name?!" Kicking some gravel under my flats, I absently shoved my hands into my pant pockets. 

I looked around me to help spark my memory. I barely had time to think when suddenly I was shoved off to the side, knocking all of the breath out of my lungs. I stumbled into a building wall, clutching my chest dramatically.

Out of everything I could suck at, it was breathing. 

"Sorry!" I exclaimed, though clearly it wasn't my fault. The person glared at me before rudely walking away. I sighed, pulling away from the building to see what it was. 

When I craned my neck to look at the tall skyscraper building, I noticed the name I was looking for. Furrowing my eyebrows, I realized it was one of the most important business corporations of this busy town. I didn't know what it was, but the owners were famous and on almost every magazine at the town's closest store. 

'Raven Pierce Industries.' 

Well that was easy. 

"Found you," I whispered.

________________