Thirteen

Liz and I tried to discuss our situation, but it was confusing. As of now, we talked about how we couldn't see that Jase wasn't our little best friend who was deathly afraid of spiders.

"Does that explain how he's rich?" Liz suggested. I shook my head, reaching to touch my toes as I stretched.

"No. His dad owns a restaurant."

Liz frowned, pushing a little on the arm behind her head. "Doesn't mean daddy didn't cut off his check."

The reason behind the stretching we were doing? We needed to be able to kick butt if we were to ever escape. Being out of shape and having to run forever is not a good combo.

"I don't know. Maybe."

Earlier, we decided Raven was having separation anxiety with his unborn kid as the reason why he kidnapped me. I needed a friend to keep me calm was why Liz was here.

"He could just be a drug dealer, you know? Maybe they only kill if they have to."

I sent her a look, switching my legs. "Then what was the purpose of killing my doctor?"

She shrugged, getting onto the floor with me and pulling on one of her legs. "She probably got nosey, he got irritated and needed a way to kidnap you, and bam! she's a goner."

I rolled my eyes as her, releasing my legs to sit back. "I thought they take your blood for paternity tests, why would she be nosey," I comment, staring into space as I thought about it.

"Well then what was she doing?!"

"I don't know!" I defended, shooting her an icy glare. "I wasn't allowed in that room."

Liz smirked at me. "So if you were allowed, you would figure out?"

I scrunched my nose, thinking of the first night we met and shook it hastily. "Nope. No need, she can be nosey" I said, popping my lips.

Liz shook her head in disbelief, sitting back herself. We sat in silence for a moment, but once again someone barged through the door. Already I was on the edge when it was Raven who shot it open.

I gave a quick glance at my best friend before preparing to meet his cold eyes. He was directly staring at me, some unwritten expression deep within his eyes. I was shortly surprised I could see anything.

"Get ready. We will be leaving."

He slammed the door shut behind him, making me huff in annoyance. "Does he not know how to say please?"

LizAnnie popped onto her feet and helped me up. "None of them do. They are in a gang, Kenzie. Whatever they command goes, or you face death."

It still has settled deep in my brain that this was real. I have been pregnant for four months and that was easier to take than being kidnapped and held against my will. When I had thought my life had gotten hard because of the pregnancy, I didn't realize it could get worse.

A lot worse.

I walked to the door and turned the knob, fear washing over me as I was worried what he would do. Raven obviously didn't like me too much, neither did Cory. Yet he did say for them to not do anything with me because I am pregnant with his kid.

He could always do something like at the hotel.

When I went down the hallway towards the clear steps, a hand caught my wrist in a tight grip. I gasp and spun around to see Raven glaring at me.

"What are you wearing?" He rasped, eyeing me in pure disgust. I felt a twinge of pain at the slight insult but tried to ignore it.

"What I was given," I snapped back, feeling brave. His grip tightened as his jaw clenched, obviously trying to contain his anger.

I flinched when he twisted the wrist a little, his finger pressing hard onto one of my pressure points. "You better correct yourself, Mackenzie. I won't give you another chance."

My legs weakened and bent as he crunched my fingers together. With a quick jerk to the right he let go. I twisted the rest of my arm so it wouldn't hurt.

I cried out a little from the pain. He gripped my chin between his fingers and gave it a hard squeeze. "Got it?"

I breathed hard through my nose, cradling my wrist just like I had with my leg at the hotel. "Yes," I gritted through my teeth. He only squeezed harder and I whimpered.

"Yes what?"

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "Yes, sir."

He nodded in approval, letting me go and striding off. Before he was completely gone, he turned back to my face contorted in pain. "There will be a dress downstairs for you. Put it on and be ready."

I glared harshly at him, feeling so much anger pile up. I bit my tongue to keep quite but I could hear my inner thoughts screaming to get out.

When he was finally gone, I grumbled under my breath and stormed down the stairs. I saw the expensive looking dress and without a second thought, I whipped off my clothes and put it on.

If he thought I would be impressed by the dress and forgive him, he had another thing coming. I wasn't a fan of dresses but I have my fair share of beautiful and limited edition dresses. And I knew how to walk in them and heels.

He came down as soon as the dress was over my head. Raven took in the velvet dress on my olive skin, and gave a short nod. "Good."

I huffed but stayed quiet. Hopefully I would get out of here soon. I don't think I will be able to hold my tongue for much longer and they might just pull the trigger.

Cory came out of no where and yanked me towards the dark car we had taken to get here. I could still hear the bullets pounding and thumping against the tinted window. When I looked at it, the memory of the window shattering made me cringe.

"No." Raven states.

I furrowed my eyebrows but Cory seemed to know because he whirled around with me in tow. "Wimp, " he whispered angrily to me. He shoved my back and I stumbled forward in the gravel.

When I met eyes with Raven, he had a gun pointed my way, but past my shoulders. I gasped silently and watched as his already dark orbs darkened.

"Do I need to remind you who is the boss?"

Cory stormed into the house as I looked at him in fear. "Will he hurt LizAnnie?"

Raven gave me a look, probably confused as to why I cared. "No. Not if he wants to live he won't."

We walked to the car and got in, my mind racing with possible thoughts. If he was willing to kill one of his own men with the drop of a hat, how long will it be until he kills me?

And the baby

This was becoming more dangerous for my child and best friend. I couldn't be here any longer, and knowing me I could tick Raven off every second of the day. He doesn't let anything get past him without discipline.

I also should be terrified even more as of now because I have no idea where we are going. He could be selling me to the next highest bidder and I would never be able to see Liz again. He could be pawning me off to a bunch of murders-people like him- and asking them to slaughter me slowly just for his enjoyment.

Whatever he was doing, I was in a dress and in the sandals I had from the doctors office. Wherever we were going, I wasn't prepared for.

Aw, gosh dang it.