Twenty

Five months before:

LizAnnie Jacks had been my best friend since God knows how long. We have stuck by each other's side through thick and thin. Through every small heartbreak and pain the world has thrown at us.

In this case, she had been able to use the time when she punched a guy for me, against me. LizAnnie had convinced me to go to a club with her with the guilt card. Something along the lines of how I owe her.

My white dress didn't even skim my knees as I slipped on. I was more than a litrle hesitant to continue with this event, but I had to. I mean, she punched a guy.

After I was finished with everything, we both left to whatever club it was. It was pretty amazing to an insider like me, whom enjoys the comfort of her home and food more than drinks and men. Yet I couldn't back out so I was stuck there.

"Liz," I hissed just as she was about to order a drink. I gripped her lower arm and yanked her closer to me. "We can't drink!"

She smiled at me through the dark, pulling her arm away to wrap it around my shoulders. "Yes we can. We are of age and have IDs."

I shook my head. There was no way I could let her drink. Not when she'll regret it so much in the morning. "I can't let you do that."

Liz took her arm from me. "You can be the driver, no worries!"

I sighed and let her go, knowing the fight she would out up to have a small taste. I, too, was tempted to get a sip of the fresh alcohol they had here. I wasn't an alcoholic so to say, but I did know how to appreciate fine beverages. Fairly frequently.

She skipped happily to the bar and purposefully bought my favourite apple sour picker shots. When she came back to me, she held back the shots from my reach so she could pretend they were just for her.

"Ha ha," I said snootily. "Very funny. Hand it over."

Liz smugly smiled my way. "No."

My arm stretched to grab one but she jerked back, giggling a little like she was already drunk. In which I believed because she has already downed two and she can't hold alcohol worth nothing. As I out my hand out again, she gently placed a shot of green liquor on the front palm.

"There! Now you have had your share," she chirps happily. I glare at her as she finish offs her third one. I gulp it down before slamming it on the bar and going to the middle of the dance room.

I hated clubs. I only ever came for Liz because she liked to dance and I got free drinks since she paid. Clubs made me sweat and feel gross. The air was always thick and I didn't care what Justin Timberlake said, it didn't smell right.

Yet here I was, in the middle of the floor and popping out dance moves I had seen others do. I felt like I needed a free day and what better way to do it than act crazy with your best friend.

"See! You can dance!"

I laughed at my dizzy friend as she toppled a little towards the left. "I never said I couldn't. Just said i won't."

That seemed to make her sad as she pouted. "Dang. I was close."

Shaking my head, I went closer to her so there was a large gap and danced my heart out. Liz and I at one point had done the sprinkler just for the heck of it, but ended up hitting a guy in the face.

Bursting into giggles, we went back to the bar for another drink, even though she had already had three shots. The man smiled kindly to us as LizAnnie strained to read what they had for drinks. I ordered a Shirley Temple after a little bit and she agreed.

Four Shirley Temples later, I was cracking up on the bar stool, slapping my knee dramatically. "Oh, oh, good one Frank!" I cried to the bar tender. He smiled cheekily as he cleaned a dish with a rag. LizAnnie grumbled under her breath in irritation because she got the bad end of the joke.

"Mine turn!" The girl on my left pipes up, grinning widely. Turning to me, she gave me a sloppy, drunk wink.

"Sup." I nodded my head in her direction.

"I dare you to go dance with that guy," she states, pointing a shaky finger towards the hot specimen leaning on the other side of the bar. He was flirting with another bar tender, but she wasn't given in.

The only thing he got was a smile and a shake of her head. I couldn't believe why she could turn the delicious piece of man sitting in front of her, but looked at it as a way to get to him easier.

I nodded and stood from my spot, smirking at Frank, the bar tender who has felt with us for several hours. "Can I get another Shirley Temple?"

Laughing, he took the prepped on that was already in my space and pushed it forward. I squealed in delight and clapped my hands together before taking it. Walking towards the man, I sat about three spaces away from him.

Finally, after many blue moon it felt like, he looked at me. I sent what I hoped was a flirtatious wink his way before turning my attention to my Shirly Temple. I thought my wink and suggestive glance didn't work until I felt his breath on my neck.

"Hey there," he whispered, making me shiver. From the corner of my eye I could see the girls laughing at me but at this point I could care less.

Turning, I gripped the drink in one hand and wrapped the other around his neck. "Hi. Wanna dance?"

He didn't back away like I had expected, but instead put his hands on my thighs and came closer. "Is that an invitation?"

I rolled my eyes. "If it wasn't then I don't know what is?"

The guy smirked, pulling my hand to get me off the chair. I grinned triumphantly when I realized he was taking me to dance. Sticking up a thumb as I passed by the dumbstruck girl and my best friend.

I must be extremely lucky to have someone like him attracted to me. I sipped occasionally on the tasty drink, dancing in a way that felt foreign to me. The dance made bubbles rise in certain places I didn't even know I could feel.

It didn't seem right, though. Zoning out, I started to think of other things like the last time I had been to a club. I almost forgot about the man I was dancing with for a split second.

A small shadow blurred in front of me as i smiled down at my drink lazily. Hands were wrapped around my waist as i swayed from side to side, sipping my alcohol.

"I feel neglected," the shadow whispered hoarsely and i shivered.

I lifted my head to grin at him, lucky enough the guy i was dared to dance with was hot. "Hmm? Why?"

I moved one arm to loop around his neck, lying my head on his shoulder as music blared around us. "You have been nursing that drink for the past hour and barely noticed me."

I shrugged, gulping down the last sip and handing it to a random person. Tossing my other arm around his shoulder, i pulled him closer.

After that, a month later I was crying to my best friend about how I could have been pregnant. Three more months later, I confirmed I was pregnant.