Thirty-three

"What is that bump in her shirt?" Cory asks in disgust as I enter the mansion. I gave him a harsh glare but answered anyways.

"It's the umbilical cord. I can't give her a fully submerged bath until it falls off."

Jason scrunched his nose also as they both followed me up the stairs to my room. "So she's not going to to have a bath until that thing falls off? How long does that take?"

I rolled my eyes and opened the door. LizAnnie saw me walk in safely and bounced off the bed. "Two to three weeks, and no, I give her sponge baths."

I embraced her in a one arm hug as I stretched Diana far from the suffocating squeeze. When we pulled back, LizAnnie and I looked through each other's eyes. What I saw was pain, sorrow, and worry. Wonder what she saw in me.

"You can leave now," I snapped at them. I really wasn't in the middle to talk to them. Or do anything. A headache was forming in my head already and they would just make it worse.

Cory shook his head, crossing his arms over his chest as he leaned against the door. "No can do, baby momma. Boss says we need to watch over you closer, seeing as you decided to take down the cameras."

I shooed him with my hand anyways, cradling Dee to my chest. "Well leave anyway." Staring at the small innocent body before me, I could feel a burst of emotions flow through me.

Cory closed the door behind him, but I knew both him and Jase were still outside the door. Sighing, I touched the delicate face of my daughter with tears building up.

"They killed them, Liz," I whispered softly. "All they do is kill people, again and again. Over and over. What if they accidently hurt Diana?! Or... I'm so sorry," I rambled.

LizAnnie stayed her distance away from me as she too cried. We could no longer comfort each other because we both needed a rock to lean on. A shoulder to cry on. And if we were both emotionally unstable, we couldn't seek comfort from one another. It only worsen things.

Whatever it takes, though, I will get my best friend and daughter out of this alive. No matter how difficult it will be. I placed Diana in her crib even though she was no longer sleeping.

Just as I went to crawl in the bed to sob myself asleep since there was stipl no way out of this mess, Raven came into the room. "What?" I groaned.

"Come with me. Now."

Annoyed, I threw my legs off the bed and lazily dragged myself behind him. He brought me into a room that was down stairs next to the stupid basement door. I followed silently as I waited for him to get over whatever he was wanting to say.

When he shut his door, I was surprised to see him unnaturally close to me. I sucked in a sharp breath and rubbed at my arms as they formed goose bumps from his intense gaze. He stared at me for a couple of seconds before opening his dark, pink lips to speak.

"What a lovely dress you have in today," he whispered. I furrowed my eyebrows at him and took a step back.

"Seriously? That's what you wanted me here for?"

Raven smirked, but shook his head and went behind the desk propped at the other end of the room. "No. I'm here to see if you are willing to do a job for me."

"Nope," I instantly reply. No way would I willingly do anything for him.

Raven's triumph smirk never faltered as he picked up a pen to tap it onto the oak desk. "Well then, so I see you have chosen the by force option." I opened my mouth to protest but he cut me off. "Suit yourself. Shall I begin the threats now or will you do it?"

I narrowed my eyes at him while my mind played indecisive. Rolling my lip between my teeth, I leaned on one hip to think about it. "What kind of threats are they?"

Raven chuckled darkly as his black hair fell froward to creepily yet sexily cover half of his face. "Tesoro, my threats aren't empty ones," he states smugly and brushed back his hair.

I rolled my eyes. "Well no dip Sherlock. What are the threats to?"

I'm willing to face some consequences if it meant not helping him do illegal crap.

"Maybe, a certain life?" He suggests casually. My eyes darkened on him as they turned to slits. If only looks could kill, no one would be alive at this point. Except Dee.

I wasn't going to play with someone's life. "What the heck do you want me for? Don't you have goons to do your job?"

Raven smirked wickedly at me and the goosebumps cake crawling back. "You my dear, are the one I want to play for this role."

Sighing, I knew this would be hopefully a brief request and no danger anyone. "Go on," I urge.

"There is a man who owes me some of his drugs that he has not paid. His main weekends is women, meaning you."

I frowned. "Why me? Don't you have girls down stairs?"

Raven gave me a look of irritation and stood up. "No, he likes thicker woman. Since the baby was just recently born, you have some-"

"Don't say it," I growled in defeat. "So what exactly am I suppose to do?"

"Simple. You lure him into a room were we will be waiting. We will torture him then kill him as a reminder who runs this thing. And then we hack into his security and take the drugs."

I huffed. "So you want me to help you steal something?"

Raven's cold eyes blinked at me. "No. We are taking whats rightfully ours."

Just, drop it.

I left the room to go tell LizAnnie about what I would be doing. She was just as fed up as I was, but she remained calm as she played with Dee. Getting down upon my knees, I played with my tiny doll of perfection.

Marissa came into the room about three hours after we finished up our lunch. "Sorry, here is your dress." She pushed a black leather dress in my hands. "Change quickly so I can fix your hair and makeup."

I looked at the length of the dress. "You have got to be kidding me." Marissa frowned and shook her head.

Remember Kenzie, this is to save a life. Hopefully Raven will not let you see another death in one day.

Or else I'll puke on him. And that would surely piss him off.

---------

What you guys think? Comment and vote, please!