Seven

Edited

Since Jason had taken me out that night, I hadn't seen him. I swore I saw him at the store today, when Liz and I went for baby things, but in a blink of an eye he was gone. There hasn't even been a phone call.

I had begun to worry a little, but my best friend is doing all she can to make sure I was calm. Worry is stress and stress on a baby is bad. She had to call me out quickly or else I would worsen my health.

It hasn't been long since I had last saw him, yes, but all I could do was blow up his phone with calls. Liz tried once or twice-only to calm my nerves- and hadn't since. She didn't feel compelled to worry about his location as much I was.

I tapped on my voice message box, hoping to hear just one word from Jase, but instead I got one new message. From my doctor.

At first I opted on ignoring most of it, until she started to say something about tests and disease. I sat up in my chair and listed intently, hearing her talk about how I needed to come in as soon as possible.

Again?

Lately I felt like the doctor's office was the only place you would find me. I was there so often I knew almost every detail about the waiting room.

I wouldn't be going for a paternity test until later today, but I decided I'd go sooner since the message sounded urgent. When my coat was thrown over my shoulders, I then remembered I never told Raven which doctor's office and at what time.

Shaking my head, I rushed out the door and drove to the office. I bursted through the room and quickly went up to the front desk. "Mackenzie Rogers. Here early, I know. But I was told to come in to take a few tests."

The woman handed me papers to fill out while I waited. Once I was done, my doctor open the door to another room and called my name. I stood up to walk towards her, my nerves out of control. When I got in, I frowned the moment I saw Raven already here.

"Raven?"

He had on the usual cold exterior that I hadn't seen since last Friday. Surprisingly, not even at work did I see him. His poor friend hadn't had a visitor all week.

"Miss Rogers," my doctor started. "This man claims to be the one who needs to be tested as the father. Is this true?"

I nodded and sat on the bed. "Yeah."

I watched as Raven stood in the middle of the room, patting his pocket not so subtly. I eyed it warily before slightly moving further away from him. Raven payed no mind to me as the doctor pulled out files.

"States here Mr. Pierce, you have taken a test before? Do we need to repeat the procedure for you?"

Wide eyed, I snapped my head over to him. He's had a test taken before? Has he gotten another girl pregnant?

I bit my lip as I waited for an answer. "No. Just show me to a room and I can take it from there." His gruff reply made my head spin. The doctor showed him out of the room to take the test. My sample was already taken, so I just impatiently sat alone.

When he came back, the doctor wore a stiff expression that was full of fear. I furrowed my eyebrows but eyed the hand Raven still had over his pants pocket. As if he felt my gaze, he gave me a look to stay silent.

"Wha-"

His hand whipped into the pocket before I could blink, pulling out a gun. I gasped in surprise as he shot bullets quickly, a silencer obviously on it since only a small rang was heard. My hands clasped over my ears as I ducked behind the bed, shielding myself.

"Get up."

My body stayed shaking in place, his voice muted by the sobs raking through my body. Raven's hand came down on my shoulder and he ruffly yanked me up. I thrashed around in his arms, not knowing what to do. When his hold tightened, I stopped.

"I suggest you give up now. My child won't have a disobedient mother, now will they?" He whispered hoarsely in my ear. I shivered involuntarily with tears dropping down my face. A hand wrapped around my stomach as it touched my four month baby bump.

"What are you doing?" I hissed, pulling at his tan arm to rip it away.

"Taking whats mine. Climb out that window, I have a mess to clean up."

I scrambled from his arms in fear, dropping onto the ground and crawling towards the window. I pass the dead doctor whom no longer had any expression. When I reached the window, I jumped out.

Running for my life, I pushed my legs as hard as I could until I was flung back. Gasping for breath, I struggled as someone hauled me back to the office and into a car. I screamed and thrashed wildly, but when the door closed, I stopped.

"Liz?" I whispered in astonishment. LizAnnie sat next to me in the back of the dark vehicle, her hair messy and eyes wide. There was a sock between her lips and rope around her wrists.

She frantically moved and yelled into the sock. I jumped straight into untying her and then reached for the door, but it was locked. My fingers dug into the small area that the door locks hid in, trying to pull it out. 

"Ugh!" LizAnnie grumbled. When I opened my mouth to question how we were to get out, black spots fogged my visions.

"Going down," I said lazily to her as I started to fall back on the seats. Panic was written across her face as she stopped banging on the window long enough to attempt to catch me. "Timber."

By the time I had awoken, darkness surrounded the already tinted windows. Checking around me, I was shocked to see I was still laying down and Liz was sitting across from me. She had a glare on her face, arms crossed, but her eyes were set above me. 

Lifting my head, I noticed a handsome figure above my resting body, his hair blocking most of my view. He was also looking back at Liz with a fierce look, but what caught my eyes was the gun he was pointing at her.

Instantly, I tried to sit up but Raven's arm was wrapped around my stomach and held me down. "Really?!" I gasp, picking at his arm to get him to release me.

"Is this him?" She asked quietly, not removing her gaze.

"Yes," I reply dryly, remembering my poor choice in men. I do know that I won't ever be having a one night stand again. If I make it out of this alive, that is.

Raven smirked and looked down at me. "Don't sound so disappointed. I'm a master piece, Tesoro."

"It's Mackenzie," I correct snootily.

"It's Italian," he bits back, having the last word. I stay silent as the car keeps driving. No immediate danger stood out and that's what had me on the edge. Well, besides the gun.

"Please put the gun down."

Raven gives me a look, making a noise in his throat. Liz cringed from her spot but I stayed laying down on his lap, glaring back up at him through my brown locks.

Slowly, he puts the gun back in his pocket and sits me  up. I scoot closer towards my friend but he yanks me back, as if he was having none of it.

I could tell wherever we were heading, we would be there for quite some time. I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy spending time with a bunch of murders and kidnappers.

Who am I kidding? 

I would rather die than be around a bunch of murders, kidnappers, and people who get girls pregnant from one night stands.