Ninteen

Nothing bugs me more than auto-correct and incorrect spelling. I know it can drive people crazy, but please refrain from correcting me in the comments. When this book is over, I will edit. Thank you😘

"Wanna explain what's going on?" Raven spoke through gritted teeth after I had finished. I shrugged tiredly as I leaned against the cold wall of his club. My stomach heeved up and down with each deep breath I took to collect myself.

"N-no," I whispered. Raven sighed and lugged my body upright. Fear swarmed around me but my body was too tired to care as I lazily looked up at him.

"Cory," Raven commanded, catching his attention. "Get the girl to the mansion. I'll speak with them in the morning."

"Yes, Boss."

I felt myself be carried until another set of arms were on me. Soon I was relaxed in Cory's embrace as fatigue consumed me. I was breathless and tired, which would be normal.

But something about this seemed familiar. Like I had seen someone else go through the same thing before at the hospital.

The last thing I saw before I fell asleep was LizAnnie hurrying towards me and an aggressive Raven glaring down at me. My eyes slowly enclosed and my breathing slowed to a steady pace.

~My life was messed up. Completely and utterly screwed to the point of no return. Ever since this baby was conceived that night, nothing would could be the same.

I had a few choices when it came to the child. I refused abortion, seeing as that was a painful experience I'd rather not go through. Adopting would have been a better choice than raising them, yes. The top two were no longer a choice after a certain amount of months and a Raven.

Since I had been kidnapped, I have learned several things about the people I trust. Jason, for instance, has brought out the fact that the safe way is the dumb way. He would prefer to kill others and make himself out to be killed than living normally. As a teacher like he had made me believe he wanted.

The Maugeri's were a close family friend. They have been there at every hard time in my family's life and mine too. I could rely on them, even when I was younger. To think that I could no longer count on them because they too work for some unknown killing group---I just couldn't fathom.

This was hard to swallow. The only thing that kept my hope on a thin line and still there was my blessing. My baby that would be brought into the world. But now, the closer they get to coming out and the more I reveal about their father, I wish I hadn't made such a silly mistake.

Raven could have been a sweet guy. A man who would love me at some point and love our child. Someone who would do anything for me and out kid. He could have worshipped the ground I walked on.

We could have been happy.

Yet, here I am, broken and hiding from the monster. The one I had somehow hoped would be like the man in my dreams. I'm here craving for freedom. Hoping, praying, that we'll all make it out alive. That this was somehow a mistake, a dream, and I could go back home.

Yet, here I am, on the verge of quoting Taylor Swift because of how on point she is about this man. Dangerous. Cruel. Aggressive.

I could just picture him saying, "Darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream."

There was no turning back. The only way out is to find one. And as far as I knew, there wasn't one. When it came to your loved ones and close friends, they were the ones who could tear you down faster than anyone else. They could rip you to shreds and shatter your hearts with just words.

I'm here letting my walls be beaten and damaged while my child still holds them up. The only reason I haven't given up my last hope.

~Waking up was difficult. A bright, luminous light was above my eyes and it stung like crap. I tried to crack my eyelids open for just a peak, but I instantly snapped them shut in pain.

I couldn't exactly feel my arms either. If I was to lift my head and fully awake I could, but as of now I don't know if I still had those limbs attached. There was a sharp sting in them after a moment that made me jolt up.

"What the craphhh?" I hissed, biting my lip halfway through my curse. Liz looked at me in amusement as she pulled back her hand from my arm.

"Had to wake you up," she stated simply. I could also see relief in her eyes as she stared at me. "You've been out for awhile."

I turned my head to let her looks sink in. Her body was much more frail and her skin was pastier. I remember the many times I had begged Jason, Cory, or Raven to take Liz with me to every place I go. They only wanted me to get an because I had the baby. Liz was just my entertainment and if she died, they said, she died.

"How long?" I ask, though this time I catch the rasp. I ignore it as she peers at me with perplexity. Her intense stare makes me wonder what's going on in her brain.

"2 weeks. Not as long as the doctor had said."

My breathing hitched at the news. "Tw-two w-w-week-k-ks?"

She nodded in understanding. I could see her collar bone as she did that and I grew angry. I knew they wouldn't have done anything for her if I was sitting her. For two damn weeks she wasn't feed or taken out. She was as white as a sheet.

"Two weeks?" I confirmed in a croak. I could honestly care less what I sounded like at the moment. Liz nodded once more as she basically confirmed my suspicions. "Raven!" I yelled.

Her eyes widen. "What are you-"

"Raven!" I called, my voice cracking the louder I got. As I opened my mouth again, he came bursting through the room with a gun in hand. I rolled my eyes at it and waited.

"The heck do you want?!" He noticed there was no danger and out the gun away.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Have you fed LizAnnie?"

He seemed to ignore my question as he checked the several machines around me. I hadn't even noticed them until now and got distracted as he played with them.

"Raven."

He stayed silent once more. Irritated, I flung the ugly and thin sheet from my hairy legs and went to get up when I felt a cramp. Crying out at the pain, I fell backwards onto the bed and Raven came towards me.

"You are permitted to bed rest. You can't get up."

So that's how I've seen this before.

I recalled the lady coming I to the hospital one evening with a hand on her waist and one on her stomach. It was obvious she was in quite a lot of pain as we rushed her into a room. The doctors had told her she was to stay in bed until the baby was born because she had overworked herself.

And stressed the baby out. The symptoms I was having were all there and super clear. Surprisingly, with all the crap going on in my life, I hadn't noticed.

"Yo...."That's as far as I got as my voice squeaked a little. I parted my lips to try and talk again, but it only came out as a small squeak and a deep exhale. Frowning, I snapped my lips together.

"She lost her voice," Liz said softly. I narrowed my eyes at the floor as I realized I had a lot to say but couldn't say it. Raven looked a little smug as my glare went up to him. In the end, he left the room and Liz stayed with me.

'Hi,' I mouthed. She smiled lightly and picked up her hands, using sign language to communicate. I nodded my head feverishly as I proceeded to do the same.

After a moment of hand signals, she told me about how I almost lost my child. How stressed out I really was even though my exterior was calm. The last one was a bit more obvious that neither of us had gotten good sleep in a month and a half, but the baby and I were affected more.