Thirty-two

Marissa handed me Diana as Raven dragged me to his car. I felt giddy from seeing another dead body, and I didn't want to be next to a killer. LizAnnie absently was taken home by Marissa, but this way I knew she was safe.

We were silent the whole way, the only sound was Diana snoring softly. I kept taking glances at her to see if this situation was truly happening, and it was. Raven's hands stayed clenched to the steering wheel each time I moved.

When Raven pulled into a diner, I was surprised to see that it wasn't fancy. Giving him a look, I got out and unstrapped the carseat that was there. Pretty positive Marissa such the seat in while we were busy with the now-dead men.

I picked up the seat by the handle and bent to get the baby bag, when a hand slapped on my ass. Gasping, I spun around to see Raven. "I will make sure this is your last kid if you ever do that again," I warned.

Raven raised an eyebrow at me while I was slamming the door shut. Dee's eyes were now slanted open as she stared at me. I gave her a smile and entered the diner with her dad trailing behind.

"Table for two," Raven's deep voice grumbled. The lady nodded, grabbing some menus, and led us to a seat next to a window.

As I put the carseat on the floor and faced it towards me, the waitress asked for our drink orders.

"Um, what do you got?" I bit my lip, knowing the majority of drinks will have caffeine and I can't have any.

"Coke, coffee, Sprite-"

"I'll just have water," I cut in, watching as Raven snorted and shook his head. I rocked the carseat back and forth with my foot so my daughter can sleep again.

The waitress suddenly awed, making my head snap up to her. "How old is she?" I smiled lightly.

"Five days."

She left to get our drinks. I moved my eyes over the building until they landed back on Raven. He was staring directly at me and I shifted uncomfortably.

"What is her name?"

"Huh?"

Rolling his eyes, he then nodded towards Dee in her seat. She was so transfixed on the sight of her dad it made me want to laugh, but I thought against it.

"What is her name?"

I blinked at him several times. "...her name?"

Didn't he know it already?

"Si si! Non posso credere che tu sei la madre di mio figlio sei un deficiente. Am I not speaking English?"

My lip curled slightly as I tried to deny the fact that he sounded sexy while speaking a different language, and also try and figure out what he had said. "Diana Nicole Rogers."

Raven shook his head. "That's a horrible name. Change it."

I gaped at him, not finding a very good reason to not punch his face in. "Excuse you! But that is her name and I am not changing it. And weren't you the one to suggest 'Diana'?"

I slipped Dee closer with my foot as I glared at him, his original glare ten times harsher than mine. Though, I didn't care because I was livid. Man, I was furious.

"Don't get loud, you'll cause a scene," he grounds out through his gritted teeth. Narrowing my eyes at him, I had an immature urge to stick my tongue out at him.

"I can't believe you! You nim rod," I hissed lowly. Just as I finished that, the waitress came back to get our meal orders. In that time, I pulled out a milk bottle to feed Dee but froze.

"What now?" Raven asks, irritation lacing his voice. I gave him a look but decided to answer anyways.

"There is no cap," I trailed off. Then my eyes widen in realization as I remembered it in the elevator. "Fudge nuggets! It's still in the elevator."

Raven raised an eyebrow again. "Is it any good?"

I shrugged. "I don't know." So I shoved it back in the bag and grabbed the other one. When I had first used the breast pump, it hurt and I almost preferred to breast feed in public at that moment. But I decided against it and now here I am.

I took off the cap to the newest bottle and leaned it down towards her mouth, but she didn't take it. After a few more tries, Dee started to scream cry again. I frowned.

"Do you even know how to feed a baby?"

"No," I grumbled. "Maybe it would have helped if I wasn't raped-"

"You weren't raped," he snapped. I rolled my eyes and unbuckled Diana from her seat. Picking her up, I pat her back to calm her down but she continued to cry in my ear. "Just give her some boobs."

My eyes widen at Raven's casual statement. "What?"

He gestured to my breast, then Diana. "Give her your boobs."

Glaring at him, I shifted her so she was laying over my shoulder. I continued to calm her down but nothing was working. "I can't do that in public," I hissed at him, though now I was feeling desperate. People started to turn their heads in our direction and I didn't like it.

"Go to the bathroom."

Sighing, I grabbed the baby bag and marched to the bathroom. I closed and locked the door before leaning against a wall to look under the other doors. Seeing no feet, I dropped the bag and quickly unstrapped my bra to lower a breast to Dee. She instantly took it and I sighed in relief.

I slowly slid down the wall so I was sitting and lifted my head so I was staring at the ceiling. The only sound was the smacking noise Diana made on occasion. Closing my eyes, we waited.

When Dee was done, I checked her diaper to see it was still fresh surprisingly and left to see Raven again. The food was already there and I gave it a grateful smile.

No more prison food.

At least, for now. I buckled my baby in the seat once I was done burping her and sat down. Just as I reached for my silverware to dig in, Raven stopped me.

"I want you to change her last name," he's deep voice low and alluring.

I frowned. "To what?"

He never met my eye as he answered, but instead stared at Dee. "My last name."

"Heck no," I respond instantly and gobble down some hash browns.

---------
Italian words!

Non posso credere che tu sei la madre di mio figlio sei un deficiente- I can not believe you are the mother of my child you are a moron.

Yes, Raven is a jerk like that 😉