Twenty-nine

My eyes met the familiar cold beads when I looked towards my kidnapper and Diana. He instantly read my confusion and when i looked around, I could see Cory, Jason, and a few other people standing behind my other kidnappers.

Kidnappers, meet my latest kidnapper.

When I came to look at Raven again, I recognized the driver as the dead body beside him. "Welcome Raven! You're just in time to witness the death of your daughter's life."

Anger washed over me as I fought against the ropes again and screamed.
No one could control my anger, for i had gone through too much to lose my baby. Not now, not ever.

Raven watched me with a look that is telling me to stay calm, because we both know I was only hurting myself. I didn't want to stop until I know my baby was safe in my arms, and everyone knew it.

The man whose name I never caught, smirked down at my vulnerable stage. "What's wrong, Mackenzie?"

In a split instant, gun shots filled my ears again. I was far too layer to even remotely think of tea hing my daughter as the man's body tried to drop. My lungs forced all the air out of me as a screech escaped my mouth. In horror, I watched as the other bodies fell to the ground with a thud.

"Diana!" I cried out, feeling a tug at my restraints. They soon slipped from around me and I shot up, pain rippling through my body as I did so. I blindly reached out for a sturdy support until I could stand on my own. "Where is she? Is she safe?"

I could now see the bloody mess of the bodies. Raven's fury was surrounding me in a suffocating way, but I ignored it. When my sights set on Diana in the arms of my baby daddy, I tan towards her. Two arms circled around me in that moment and held me back.

Raven stared at me, holding my baby in his bloody hands. "What is all of this?" He questioned. I looked at the mess than yanked my arms in someone else's. When they didn't free me, I met eyes with Raven again. "I leave you alone for several days and you do this?"

"It wasn't my fault!" I spat, pulling harder on my sore arms. "I didn't want to get kidnapped from my kidnapper. I didn't want any of this!"

Turning my head slightly, I could see a pissed off Cory holding me back, and the same happening to Liz with Jason. The dead people laid around us but my attention was on Diana, who was now peaceful again.

The poor child has gone through enough in her first day.

"You took down the camera. If you hadn't had done that, no one would have tried to get to you," he responds.

I scowled at him. "And why weren't we protected?! You are a gang leader, and you can't even protect us from people who want revenge on you!"

Raven's icy glare made chills run down my spine in fear. "Enough. You will forever be in danger, Vita Mia, so deal with it."

"I'm not staying here forever," I quickly put in. "We aren't going to be your prisoners for very long." I pulled once more to free my arms and stumbled forward when I was released.

Raven chuckled darkly. "Oh really? How do you suppose you can escape me? Like you said, I'm a gang leader."

I dont know, maybe the cops will finally come and rescue our asses.

I stayed silent and he took that as an opportunity to continue on. "You're never leaving me, Tesoro. Your life is here now."

He hands Cory Diana and I stand up so fast, everyone was surprised. I take her from his arms and cuddle her close, silent sobs escaping my lips. My heart shattered several times as I held the tiny human being in my arms. The only thing I regret doing right now was not being able to keep her safe.

Right then, as I looked at LizAnnie and the famous Raven, I knew that I could never leave. And being kidnapped from some crazy family member was just the beginning.

No one was safe anymore.

LizAnnie sadly looked at me as Jason let her go. I, for one, was too focused on the safety of Diana and the completely dead bodies right next to my feet. The sight was chilling and freaky, but I knew the cause was for good.

To save Diana.

Killing these guys had come so easy for Raven that it seemed natural. To think that all this time I was hanging around a gang member, and grew up with a dangerous person, wasn't exactly easy to swallow.

Jason lead Liz and I to a different car. We got in silently and waited. Things were finally sinking in and I could clearly see now, that I wasn't ever leaving Raven. That I would never be free.

And Diana would not be safe.

Liz grabbed my hand and squeezed it for support, but I knew she was broken too. We weren't safe and with another life at stake, we couldn't risk all the damage our prides could make. Just by taking one camera down, we opened a path were crazy people can come and take us as leverage to Raven.

We entered the mansion and went directly to the stairs. Our tails were tucked between our legs this time, and Raven knew all to well that this was our white flag. It finally hit us that this was all real.

"This isn't the ending, is it?" LizAnnie asked, her voice croaking from unshed tears. I shook my head and pulled Diana away to look at her.

"No," I whispered. "It will never end."

Our lives are at risk, and there was no way to stop this. We were part of a gang, even if we didn't kill anyone or sell drugs. People are finding our about Diana and I, and sooner or later, more people will come for revenge.

"Remember how recked the other mansion was?" I asked her, not daring to take my eyes off my baby.

Liz sniffed. "Yeah. That's why we're here."

"I'm positive Raven didn't expect that. This means someone is out there and is waiting to get Raven back for something he did. Someone who has the ability to shock and possibly scare a gang leader." I wiped my tears away to lightly touch Diana's cheek. "And we're what people want."

---------
1019 reads on this book if you add together Wattpad reads and Quotev. Thank you guys so much!!