Twenty-one

This is the longest book I have ever made, believe it or not. Thanks for reading this far in!

The white ceiling was all I could see. No matter how hard I tried, I didn't see the imaginative things LizAnnie saw in the small indents. I scrunched my nose and squinted to see what she did, but I got nothing.

"Nope, I don't see it," I respond to her earlier question, shaking my head on the soft pillow.

She scoffed, sitting up to look down at me. "How do you not see the lizard? It's just like looking at clouds!"

I frowned. "No it's not. The ceiling doesn't move." Rolling her eyes, Liz plopped back down on the bed we have been sharing for the past month and a half.

I was on bed rest. The thing where pregnant woman whom were stressing themselves out and putting to much pressure on the baby were sent to. Bed rest was a basic way of kidnapping someone and tying them to the bed.

I was lucky enough to skip the straps and rope, but had already dealt and still is previously with the kidnapping part. Bed rest absolutely sucked, and now that Raven had gone again, I was stuck in this hell hole.

My voice had come back later in the day, after the doctor cane into the room and gave me water. It never occurred to Liz that water was all I needed. I also figured out I was in a medical room that was part of the mansion.

"When do you think would be a good time to leave?" She asked suddenly. I turned my head to look at her, watching as her eyes saddened.

"When the baby is born."

I really was hoping we could escape before the baby was born, but now that I'm so far along, I can't do that.

"Do you know what I found out?" LizAnnie whispered. She met my eyes and I saw a small glimmer in them, but it wasn't hope. Just happiness.

I pursed my lips. "What?"

Something obviously made her happy, so I needed to know. Maybe I could have a glimpse of happiness, too. "The gender of your baby."

My eyes widened in shock and I almost sprung from the bed in excitement. "Holy crap! Really?!" I was surprised Cory or Jase hadn't come running in at this point, I was that excited. "What is it?"

LizAnnie smiled widely, laughing a little at my reaction. "She's a girl."

A girl. I was having a baby girl.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I glanced down at my stomach. "How am I alive?"

Why didn't Raven kill me or the baby? Didn't he want a boy for his job?

"What?" LizAnnie looked at me like I was crazy. I blinked several times at her, realizing I must have voiced my thoughts aloud.

"Raven wants to use my kid as his next gang leader. He has been planing on the child being a boy, an I just assumed he would kill me if it was a girl."

LizAnnie frowned my way, seeming in deep thought for a moment before she shook her head. "No. He didn't see it."

I don't think him not knowing is any better.

"Do you think I could be a good mom?"

"Yeah, if we get out of this, you could."

I squinted at the ceiling, still trying to see the outlines of different objects like she did. My mind was filling with different emotions, though, making it even more difficult to hide them. I wanted to cry out, get frustrated, scream, be happy. The latter was almost impossible to do.

Not when I was held against my will. Not when my family, friends, and people I knew were in danger.

Heaving a sigh, I thought about my family. My mother was just petite thing with silver hair that had once been like my brown locks. She had a beautiful, flawless face that made everyman worship her. Her heart was kind, but her wit and sarcasm was fresh everyday.

My father was always at her beck and call. The man would do anything to keep her happy. To keep her award-winning smile making his day brighter. He was so full of life next to my mother.

The youngest in our family would be my sibling. He was a goofball, but a jerk sometimes. At fifteen he had a new girl every week, and crushed many hearts. Some were even boys whom wanted to be like him, but couldn't. I told him he got his charms from me, but he laughed it off and would tell me to look in a mirror.

Thinking of my family made a tear slip from my eye. Tears continuously fell as I let my dam break and all my emotions poor out in one go. LizAnnie never told me to stop because she too sat next to me, sobbing her heart out. I felt my body drain of life as I continued to cry.

My heart kept beating wildly in my chest as sobs escaped through my chapped lips and my body racked in shakes. I heard her sniff and silently cry again as we thought of what happened to our lives.

One day it was so peaceful, so easy. I couldn't believe how one night could change they way we lived and how else thought of things. I thought I was strong enough to get through this, especially with LizAnnie by my side, but it kept getting harder and harder.

Each violent move from Raven, cold look from Cory, a gut wrenching sob echoed along the bland walls. I cried for the family i had lost due to my clumsiness, and for my innocence being taken away.

I couldn't have been blessed with one of those men in the books where he stays with his one night stand and they fall in love. No, I was cursed with a killer who thought nothing of my emotions and weakness. Raven more likely cared if the child was healthy. If that didnt involve keeping me alive and healthy, he wouldn't do it.

Around this time I was glad he wasn't around. I needed time to pull myself together, just to fall back apart again. I needed to clear my head and not deal with thinking I was falling for my captor.

That would be absurd.

Yes, he was attractive. And as I pregnant woman I had every right to eye him and feel pleased with the sight. But there was no way in hell I could ever fall in love with a such monster like that.

Not when there were lives at risk and mine being one of them.

----------
Sorta in love with this song. Can't help it. I despise Ariana but this is a good song.