Eight

Edited

The car stopped. Raven and some other guy forced us out. We fought a bit but it was no use. When the world was in sight once more, I had to squint past the bright sun to see the area.

"Where are we?" Liz murmured in my ear after the man let her go. Raven and him talked a little as we looked around.

"I have no idea."

Grassy lands were all I could see. Mountains were in the distance but I still couldn't find out where we were. It seemed like a totally different state though, and that bothered me a lot. Here I was, standing in the middle of no where, pregnant and with a bunch of low life murders.

How did I get so lucky? 

Spinning around, I fumbled with my hands to see a large white house. It seemed like a rich person lived in this environment, but what I didn't get was why we were here.

"Raven," I call cautiously.

He started to come back towards us. I still didn't know why I hadn't taken off running-maybe it was the fact that he would possibly kill me- but I did know that if I got him talking, I would distract him. Hopefully even get some information out.

"What?" He snapped, staring down at me from his towering height.

I ignored the tone and chose my words carefully. "Where are we?"

"My home."

Liz and I shared a look. The other guy started to shove us towards the house and we complied, not wanting to be tossed around like rag dolls. The moment we entered, I swore my heart stopped.

The nice exterior on the outside didn't exactly prepare me for the nasty disaster inside. The couches were torn into shreds, only bits scattered around. Lamps and light bulbs hung around from the ceiling and stairs, even lingered on the walls. Everything was destroyed and by the pissed off look Raven was emitting, I got a feeling this wasn't suppose to look this way.

Both of us gasped as the men looked coldly at the room. "Boss," the man started. "Who did this?"

I stared at the blonde headed boy with doubt and wonder. How was Raven suppose to know who trashed his home? Sighing, I stepped forward but Raven pulled me back, closing the doors.

"Stay." Again, with the dog commands? "There is too much glass."

I didn't have to be told twice. That gun in his pocket basically threatened my whole life, I wasn't just going to risk mine, the baby's, and my best friend's. 

Just as the man was going to call someone on his phone, the door bursted open. Liz and I half screamed, jumping away from the door. Both men raised their guns and pointed at it.

Out popped a man I never thought I would see around here. "Whoa there, guys. It's just me." He trailed off when his eyes landed on us. "Crap."

"Jason," all four of us said in unison. He chuckled nervously and rubbed the nape of his neck.

"Boss," Jase says towards Raven. My eyes widen in shock. "I have sent the maids to come clean this up. For now, your hotel rooms have been made to your adjustments."

Raven glanced at us, then nodded towards Jason. I was completely freaked out as to why he was here or even talking to Raven like he knew him. Baffled, I sharply yelled at him, "What do you think you're doing?!"

"Kenzie-"

I shook my head. "What is this? You have been here of all places-of all the people you could be with- you chose to be here!?"

LizAnnie also piped in. "Jason! Do you know what you are doing? They can kill you!"

He kept opening his mouth, but once Liz and I started to rant, we were too far gone. It was so confusing to see him calling Raven 'Boss'. Last time I checked, they hardly knew each other.

When I finally realized he wasn't replying, I stopped to look away from him. LizAnnie glanced at me and also stopped. "Girls, look, its not what you think."

"It's exactly what you think," the man says, eyeing us. "He is working for us and that's final." 

Raven gave me a glance, then nodded at Jason. "Get the car ready. Bring back some rope, too."

I gulped in fear of getting tied up, not willing to give up a chance at escaping. Jason left without another word to us, which I found much easier for me. I couldn't fathom seeing a good friend of mine die because he was reckless.

Wonder how long he had known Raven?

Are they part of a gang?

Snapping my head to watch their every move, I got a feeling there was more than just three men. They must be in a mob, especially to own such a nice building. I can't believe I didn't notice before how dangerous they really were, for I was around them often.

"Cory," Raven calls to the man. "Grab the things." 

LizAnnie huddled closer to me, gripping me tightly. "I have a feeling we aren't going to like these things." 

I nodded, staying silent as I watched the man go and fetch the things. Something about the name made a click in my mind, and it sunk in of how serious this really is.

"LizAnnie, that's Cory Dane. The man Raven kept asking to see."

Raven left the house as Jason came back. We didn't meet eyes, he just rushed us out to the car to meet Jerk-face and his murder assistant. It wasn't easy to swallow that my childhood friend wasn't actually a teacher-to-be, but a killer.

A killer that happens to trusted by me. 

We followed Raven to another dark car, his frustration and anger just rolling off of him. He looked quite attractive, but that was besides the point. The point was, our lives were at stake just being around him, let alone when he was pissed off.

Cory, who I just recently found out was out of the hospital, got in the driver's seat like last time. Raven slid into the back as Liz and I scooted far away. I placed a protective hand on my stomach before waiting for all of this to end.