Tweny-four

The room was full of many people I have never even seen before. When I had turned to find LizAnnie, she was already back into the locker room to change from the workers uniform. I figured if she stayed there she could be safe while I go over to jack-wagon and demand answers.

Leaving the guy, I headed over to where I had last seen Raven. His eyes followed my every movement as danger swirled through the dark orbs. He had a slight smirk creeping upon his lips that made my stomach clench in disgust.

I kept my focus on him, though. He wasn't such a gentleman as he let his eyes roam my body, but I figured there wasn't much to see because of my belly.

Just as I opened my mouth, a semi familiar voice came from behind, startling me. "Hey, you."

I spun around only to see the clerk from Raven's business. Her eyes widen a fraction when they caught sight of my bulging stomach. "Hi," I respond, a little snippy.

Raising her eyes to meet mine, she seemed astonished. "My god, you are here."

I gave her a sarcastic smile, looking over my shoulder to her Boss. "Yeah, well, it's not like I had a choice."

She followed my gaze and frowned, shaking her head in disappointment. "I can't believe him. I mean, it's bad enough he has a gang to lead and not get caught by the police, now you?" Her hair fell in her eyes as she looked to the ground.

"You're surprised?" I questioned, a hand slightly rubbing my stomach. "It looks to me like he has done this before."

Clerk girl tore her eyes from the ground to meet mine, than looked around her at the many women. "You girls are the only people he's had hostage that aren't part of some rival gang."

I didn't believe her. These women couldn't have come here willingly, could they?

"And what about you? You here willingly?"

She frowned. "Not exactly. See, Raven is my brother. I have to live here for safety precautions."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I took a quick glance to see the small resemblance again. "What? I don't understand. We are in a different state. Not town. How do you live here if your job is somewhere else?"

Must be a heck of a drive.

"Not everything makes sense. As of now, I work from the corporations in Michigan. When you had first saw me, I lived in the first penthouse, I presume, Raven took you to. At that time I was at work so whomever destroyed the house didn't have my interference."

I nodded. "Okay. Was there a thing like this down in that basement, too?"

Desk lady shook her head. "No, there was no basement. I didn't think he actually kidnapped you, though. I can't believe him."

That explains why she was here. "Thank you. So far you're the only one who has willingly answered my questions." I took a glance at all the skimpy outfits and cringed. "Now tell me, why are these girls here if they weren't forced?"

She also cringed. "To make money. Raven and the boys offered them a place to stay, food, and money if they worked down here. Some stayed with the minimum wage behind the bar. Others wanted to be rich and chose this life."

I looked at her attire, noticing she wasn't dolled up but was in the black uniform. "And you are one who stayed with the bar," I respond, nodding in understanding.

A hand collapsed onto my shoulder, making me jump. When a soft whisper cane at my ear, I instantly knew who it was. "Are you interrogating my workers?"

I snorted, causing the girl to eye me. "Interrogating her? Please. That man just harassed me and I'm pregnant."

Turning, my eyes met with the cold ones of Mr. Raven Pierce himself. He smirked down at me, the semi long strings if hair spiraling down and nearly touching my face.

"It's not harassment if you want it," he replies.

I scoff and back away from him, glaring harshly. "Says the jerk who gave me this," I spat, pointing to my baby. His eyes trailed down before coming back to swiftly. Almost to quick for me to notice.

"Jerk?" He chuckled lowly, inching near me again. "Vita Mia, watch your mouth. I'd be careful of what you're saying. Especially with my bambino in your stomach."

I gulped at our proximity, feeling heat creep upon my cheeks as I stared up at his tall frame. Even in my 5'8 stance, he was a giant. "I was not asking for it," I saw slowly, almost cautiously. "He grabbed my arm and tried to hit on me."

Raven turned around, eyeing everyone in the room with suspicion. "Who was it?",

I opener my mouth to protest. "No, don-"

"Who was it?" He repeats, burning those dark orbs into mine as if daring me not to tell him. I sighed and pointed at the man a little ways behind me.

Raven stalked off, leaving me gaping after him. His sister stuck out her hand for me to shake and I did. "Marissa. Might as well know who I am not that you've seen this place."

I nodded but didn't look her way, fear crawling up my spine ad I watched the furious Raven. "Mackenzie. And, good to know."

Suddenly, my mind settled on what could possibly happened and I waddled away. Just as I was getting closer to Raven before he got to the man, a great surge if pain shot throughout my body. I screamed bloody murder, the pain almost too much to bare.

Raven spun around to watch me almost crash into the floor. He caught me, though, before I caused more damage. Marissa was by my side as well, lifting up my head to balance me as I clutched my side.

I sobbed at the pain, catching everyone else's attention, too. Raven states down at me with what i thought was worry. My heart sunk at the idea of losing my baby and before my eyes slammed closed for what felt like the billionth time, I watched Liz come running towards me.

"Dang it, Kenzie! I told you we shouldn't have ran!" She cried, tears spilling out from her eyes. "It has to be more than six months-"

"Call the doctor," Raven growled to his sister. He then went to place his hands on my thighs, but retracted quickly.

"W-what?" I whispered, the pain feeling as if I was being stabbed multiple times.

His eyes met mine, and an emotionless I thought I would never see was dancing in them.

Fear.

"You're going into labor."