Ten

Edited

This was possibly the third time I had been stuck in a car for many hours. Liz and I stayed quiet, the only time we talked was when we were being talk to. Raven had taken a different car, leaving both Cory and Jase with us.

I was cuddled up to LizAnnie, huddled into one corner behind the driver's seat. She was playing with my hair that was laying on her lap as I stared at the ceiling of the car in a daze. My cheek was still swollen and red, but the pain had dulled, as well as my leg.

Thankfully LizAnnie wasn't hurt in anyway, and neither was my baby; or at least I hope my baby was safe. Liz had done the exact opposite of me and stayed on their good side.

"Duck down and stay low," Cory suddenly said to us. I was too tired from throwing up and then scarfing down food, so I did as I was told and tilted down more so Liz could lay down. Jase threw a blanket over our bodies, giving me a expression that I couldn't place a name to.

Behind the ratty blanket I could hear the small tick of the gun as bullets were loading into it. My father had taken me shooting a lot when I was younger, and hearing that familiar sound made me anxious.

My dad. My parents.

"I forgot I was going to meet my parents," I hissed to my best friend. Before going to the ultrasound for a paternity test, I had said I was to meet my parents to tell them about my baby.

"Well why did you do that?" She whispered back just as harsh. I rolled my eyes but since I was laying on her side she couldn't see.

"Because they have the right to know about their grandkid." I shifted on her side.

"Hush up," Cory growled out to us. I clamped my lips together to keep from retorting again and waited for whatever was to happen.

We continued to drive on and it wasn't until twenty minutes later did I finally relax and forget about the gun. Because of the pregnancy I was feeling the fatigue creep up on me, but I tried to fight it off. Just as my eyes were to flutter close, a loud but ineffective pop came from the tinted windows.

I now knew what these tinted windows were for. "Bullet proof," I whisper to LizAnnie. Several more pops came across the windows until I heard one get rolled down.

Squeezing my best friends side tightly, I made sure whoever shot through that window couldn't get to any of us. Shots were fired and I yelped in surprise, but stayed down. I had never witnessed such a thing before and it was extremely scary.

Laughter bellowed through my best friend, sounding deep from his belly and out of his lips. "Stupid kids always trying to attack us!" He cheered, more shots being fired as he laughed. I mentally thought he was going insane and began panting and hyperventilating.

One bullet sounded closer to us and the sound of glass shattering made me let out an ear piercing scream. Liz followed my actions as the window close to my feet shattered as well, little pieces plopping onto the blankets with a thump. The mixture of our screams and the boy's laughter would have definitely make a good horror movie.

My hormones were out of whack, causing me to feel really frustrated at each scream I let out. The car had seemingly sped up since the bullets were shot and I was clutching onto my best friend for dear life. If anything, I was wishing I didn't want closure with my Raven because this was nothing like what I thought my life would be.

The car suddenly slammed to a stop and my seat belt, that was loosely hanging, sealed around my body like a second skin. I gasped for breath and tried to calm my erratic heart, but wasn't given enough time because the car started again with a large twirl to the left.

"Yeah!" Jason yelled at the top of his lungs.

If this was under any other circumstances and he wasn't part of a gang, I would have hit him and made him drive properly. But he was part of a gang and Cory was driving.

"Crap," I cursed, feeling my breakfast quickly make its way back up. The pops on the window had dulled into nothing as we sped onto the road in the middle of no where.

"No! Kenzie, don't you dare puke on me!" LizAnnie started to squirm and made her best attempt to get away from me. My stomach lurched and lurched until finally the car stopped, I was thrown off of Liz, and onto the outside ground.

Not wanting to waste my time in yelling at the person who threw me, I crouched onto the grass and let out a thankful grunt. I sat there making gagging sounds for a good five minutes before I finally greeted my breakfast once again.

"Ow," I moaned unhappily and held my stomach in a comforting way. My stomached tightened and I heaved again and again. A couple of minutes into it, a hand pulled my hair back and waited silently.

"Done?" A familiar voice grumbled. I nodded and leaned back on his sturdy legs for support. Raven lifted me up bridal style before taking me back to a car I've never seen before. He sat me in the passenger side and I closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

I awoke to the soft hum of an engine, noticing we were still driving to wherever the destination was. I had sworn that the house we first went to wasn't as far as this one, and that the distance was taking quite a long time.

Right away I picked up on a strong smell of cologne and recognized I wasn't in the same. Granted, I remember being placed in a unfamiliar car, I just didn't realize Raven was in here with me. Preferably, I would choose the car LizAnnie was in, but I couldn't push my luck with complaining so I stayed silent.

"How are you?" He questioned, glancing at me and away from the road. I stared in astonishment before shrugging carelessly.

"Fine."

Raven sighed, his hands tight around the steering wheel. "Do you feel the need to vomit again?"

"No."

I looked out the window, seeing a beautiful sight of long white mountains and forest trees growing all around them. The beauty of it took my breath away, so I couldn't help but turn and ask, "Where are we?"

"Michigan."

I frowned, not realizing there were mountains in Michigan. "How in the world did we get here from Georgia?"

He gave me a pointed look, his dark eyes consuming mine. "Driving."

Obviously.

"I mean, why are we here?"

"I have a house here. My business is better and my men are mostly here. You're safe."

I didn't mean to keep prying, but my curiosity took over. "From what?"

Remember the house Kenzie? It was destroyed and it didn't look like they had done it themselves.

He never answered, but I knew something was going on. I couldn't tell whether or not I could trust him, but I knew one thing I was for sure, that I wasn't going to be staying here for long.

Hopefully my parents went looking for me and have called the cops.