Twenty-eight

My parents were happy-go-lucky people, you could say. They were kind and loving, and trusted way too many people in my opinion. But they got through life safely, and that's all that matters.

When we were around three years old, LizAnnie's parents and my own had come together through the same babysitter. A family called the Maugeris' had watched over us and our parents meet through the play dates Liz and I would have.

Since then, I have been great friends with Liz and we have done everything together. Even if that meant getting kidnapped, we've done it together.

The Maugeris' were sweet people who I had grown up with. For many years, even after I was old enough to not have a babysitter, I would visit them along with LizAnnie.

And to know my baby daddy had killed them, kills me. Marissa was feeling guilty and had come clean, saying that they didn't deliver this package Raven asked for and asked for death. I thought that it wasn't true, and that Raven was possibly putting up a front.

Now, after seeing pictures of the Maugeris' funeral, my heart broke all over again to see what I had gotten myself into. And not just myself, but LizAnnie and my daughter.

Raven had done something horrible, but i never expected for a secret family member to come and want revenge. It was out of now where and so sudden, I didn't have time for defense. Hands wrapped around my mouth and body and took me.

I was kidnapped from my kidnapper.

While I was so caught up with the crap Raven did, I didn't realize someone else was in the room with us.

"Stop screaming," a voice snapped. "You're going to wake the baby."

Tears sprung from my eyes as I yanked against the restraints of the rope. It burned my skin and probably left raw marks, but I still pulled with all my might. My mouth was muffled by some clothes and the screams were silenced.

In front of me sat my other kidnapper, the brother of Trey Maugeri. He sat comfortably in the leather seat of a limo, watching in amusement as I fought to reach for my baby. He held her a tad closer as she slept soundly in his arms.

The sick dirt bag smiled at me. "Oh, Mackenzie. It seems you have grown into a fine woman, yes? And this little one, so precious and young."

I screamed and pulled on the tight ropes, hoping that somehow I had grown enough strength to snap them and then snap his neck. LizAnnje was passed out beside me with her head laying on the window, and I was the only one awake. It seemed I was in for a lot of bad luck, because I just can never seem to get a break.

Kidnapped from my kidnapper? I wonder how many people can say that casually.

And here I was thinking that everything in my life would go smoothly because I got a nice start in life.

"Keep trying, you'll never break those ropes."

I began to frantically move in my seat as he put a finger on her cheek and slowly ran it down to her shoulder. The car swerved a little but I still pulled hard against the ropes. I could see my veins popping in my arms.

The cloth slipped off my lips and I screamed bloody murder, waking both my best friend and child. I fought wildly to get to Diana and I could see a flicker if fear in his eyes.

Liz went to jump from her spot when she saw what was happening, but was yanked back by the ropes as well. "Let me go! Give me my daughter!"

He inched back before collecting his cool and smirking at us. "Don't you two look adorable." He bounced Diana and shook his head.

"Give me the baby, now!" I roared, the car swerves again and I could feel the ropes tearing into my skin. Blood trickled down my arm, from how deep the rope was digging.

The car suddenly stopped. "Finally. We're here." The man hands the crying Diana to the driver before watching as my door opened. I kicked and fought with all my power, but it was to no avail.

"Screw you!" LizAnnie screeched when they shoved us to the ground. We were in the middle of a farmer's filed of corn, to which I had no clue why. Several men coated their faces in coal ash and had loaded guns pointed at us.

We stayed to the ground, but my eyes followed the movement of our kidnapper. "Don't day such things like that." He pouted and took Diana back. "Keep in mind who has the leverage here."

I gritted my teeth together. My nails dug into the dirt of the earth to contain my anger. My eyes burned into the man's and I yet again saw fear sparkle in them. Thus man was afraid of me.

"We won't let you get away with this."

He had the nerve to laugh at me, still having a slight struggle with Diana. "Of course not! You're not going to let me go, and I'm not going to let you leave either. We're staying here."

"Raven will find you."

His face suddenly hardened as his eyes grew darker."That's the point. So I can leave him straight to his own death trap. As he watches his love and child die right before his eyes, I slice the throat."

Guns dugs into my back when I tried to get up, forcing me back to the ground. "No!" I cried. "I am not his love! He kidnapped me."

The cried of my child made my heart break into millions of pieces. I couldn't believe how quickly things had changed in a small time spanned. Just when I thought my life would somehow go back to the way it was and Raven would go to jail, I'm kidnapped by some crazy brother.

"But this is his daughter?"

I frantically shook my head. He held my baby up without warning, and all the guns were pointed at her. Liz and I screamed, and I rolled to the side. The two men beside me fell on the ground and dropped their guns, causing several shots to be fired. When I whipped my head around, i saw no one was harmed.

They stood up quickly and scowled down at me, before picking up their guns and kicking me back in my place. Raising their gun, they aimed at my child and my breathing stopped when a gun was fired.

-------
I have said this before but please go check out swagnergirl's account! Thank you 😘

P.s. these anime photos are just the cover of one book.