Fourty-three

What path I take, is yet to be discovered. I still feel as if every choice I have made so far, is the wrong one. I gave up the rest of my life to temptation with a beast hidden in a man. A gorgeous, self-centered man who is the leader of a gang. So it's not a terrible thing that I don't know what I'm going to do after this, but it isn't the greatest.

There was people surrounding me, dressed nice for the occasion, but no one was matching. The décor was a bit tacky, and I can easily say my future husband could have done better. But it wasn't too bad for a forced wedding out of the blue. Especially since the area was not at Raven's house.

Pretty much everything was nice and in order. Then there was the bride. That would be me.

I had messed up my makeup I don't know how many times that evening. The lady who had to keep redoing it had complained several times to Jason, who was my guard. It wasn't like I was crying on purpose, though, because the makeup looked beautiful and so was the hair she did.

No, I was crying because of, yet again, a choice I had made. This wasn't as bad as the last time, of course, because this time I was saving someone. Not dragging two people along with me.

I was saving my daughter: Diana. I was marrying the beast in order to gain the knowledge that she was safe. I hate to say it, but if she was with me, she couldn't ever be safe. Not with my predicament.

My other goal was getting my best friend out of there, too. LizAnnie got dragged into my problem the same day I did. We were both kidnapped and taken away. We couldn't even stay in the same state, it was that dangerous.

So here I was, looking at myself in the mirror on my wedding day, and, crying. It wasn't happy tears, nope! My tears will full of hatred and sadness. And who could it be for?

Raven Pierce: The beast.

That was the hatred. That man could get under my skin more than anyone in the world. All he had to do was look my way and I actually considered slicing his throat. Of course, the penalty was possibly loosing my life and LizAnnie's, so I haven't acted. Yet.

My sadness, was for my daughter. Just several months old and she has already been through a lot more than she should have. I blame her dad, but, at least I know she no longer has to deal with this.

I sniff, wiping the retched tears from my eyes. Along with the black mascara that has been fixed many times. I gazed at the beautiful, white dress I was given for the wedding. It would have been nicer if the circumstances were better.

"Are you done? The ceremony is starting soon," someone calls. I look over my shoulder through the mirror, gazing at my old friend Jason. He had a look of concern but I wasn't sure if it was real.

"Yes. Let me finish," I reply coldly. I gave no mercy to him. He could be anyone in the world to me, I would still treat him like crap after finding out his true colors. It's no wonder people are afraid to come out with their secrets.

So maybe my response didn't make any sense.

I furrow my eyebrows at myself, than cleaned under my eyes and fixed the makeup. After a deep breath, I put on my game face.

This is all for Diana. You can do this.

Jason and I left the small room, walking around the building towards the garden. We were still at Raven's vacation spot in the middle of nowhere, but somehow his minions had traveled across the world to get to his wedding. His little pets were the only guests allowed.

I wasn't sure if I liked being watched by a bunch of killers, but who was I to complain? I got my wish. All I have to do is be a good little wife and ignore all the horrifying, miserable, sadistic things Raven does...this won't be easy.

I put a good distance between me and Jason. By the time we made it over to the garden, the minions had risen and stared at me. I wore a blank look, but my eyes were mean. I felt a little more confidence when even murders looked away from my deadly gaze.

Point one Kenzie.

I walked onto the rock plates with the new white heals I was given. I made sure to move slowly so I didn't twist an ankle. These babies need to be word in.

Babies.

Diana.

No! Dont do it, Kenzie! Don't cry, don't cry...crap.

A tear slicked down my cheeks as I finally met up with Raven at the altar. He looked down at my small frame, scanning over me as if I was hurt than looked at the pastor. I, too, turned my head. Surprisingly, the pastor was shaking from head-to-toe in fear of all these men.

"Ok." I whisper soothingly. I know it probably had no effect because if I still had Diana in here I would be shaking too. Despite how many times someone tried to calm me. The pastor nodded at me and shakily brought his book up to his eyes.

His mouth opened to spit out the words, but a shout from the other end of the garden halted him. Raven and I both looked over towards the culprit to see Cory. His eyes were wide and his outfit was disheveled.

"Raven! Its the car-"

My ears perked. "Car? What car?" I turned to Raven. "What car?"

He ignored me, though, and waited to hear the rest. "Finish," he commands.

"It was attacked." He swallowed. "Diana and that girl were taken."

Just like that, my lungs worked up quite a scream. I guess I couldn't handle the intense shock, because everything began to become black. And warm, familiar arms embraced me.