Sixteen

Jason stood before me, the dress in one hand, heels in the other. I kept my foot down as I stared at the small white dress that he proclaims Raven wants me to wear. Between my morals, self-respect and pregnant belly, I wasn't going to wear that.

"Heck no! Do you not understand that I am pregnant?!"

Plus, I haven't shaved in a month. I was hairy all over and you could thank the boys for that.

Jason sighed. "Kenzie-"

I gave him a harsh glare to which he corrected himself at.

"Mackenzie. Boss said you have to wear this tonight."

Raven was coming back from wherever he was at for the month. He decided he wanted to see my fine pregnant ass at one of his business incorporations, so he sent Jase to hand over a dress for me.

"Call him. I don't freaking care what you do. That thing won't even go past my boobs!" I protested. Since my pregnancy is going super well, my breast have gotten thicker and larger than before. I wasn't complaining because I was just handed bigger bras.

Jason whipped out his phone and dialed Raven, tapping impatiently with his foot. LizAnnie was in the bathroom squeezing into a similar dress for tonight.

"No. She won't put it on."

My ears perked up as I leaned a little closer to hear.

"It won't fit, Boss. The tummy she got is too-"

"Finish that, I dare you," I threatened darkly. He turned his face away from me as he coward away.

"She's pregnant, Boss. Everything she's got is swelling."

I had to nod at that, shrugging my shoulders in agreement. I would be bursting at the seems of my old clothes if I was to were them. My stomach just stuck out.

"Okay. Bye." He hung up the phone before leaving the room. I placed a hand on my waist as I waited for him to come back. When he did, his hands held a black dress with matching heels. It was long enough for it to pass my hairy legs and hide the armpits.

After tossing them my way, he left the room and I got dressed. LizAnnie came out looking all dolled up with the little amount of makeup they gave us. I commented on her dress before fixing myself up. My hair was in knots and messy waves, so I threw it up into a bun.

I didn't want to go see Raven tonight at all. Didn't want to see his ugly, gorgeous face with those cold eyes that made me shiver from such an intense look.

What I did want to do is hear him speak Italian to me. He could be saying he eats barf for a loving or that he just sharted his pants, but it would sound sexy. The only word I have heard him say is Bella,and Tesoro. Those were a sad attempt to calm me down.

When we were ready, Cory and Jason dragged us out to the car we hated the most. I don't think I have ever hated a car as I much as I did with this one. With the windows replaced it looked like a new Camaro, but it had a hidden secret.

There's freaking gang members driving the thing recklessly through a danger zone. Literally, I might have a heart attack if we go through that again. Jason's laughter had made the whole experience a lot worse as he shot his stupid gun at people.

I ambled towards the horrid vehicle slower than I normally do at five months prego.

"Get in," Cory said lowly. I shuffled to the car and got in. When he closed the door, I looked over at my best friend with a hand on my stomach.

"Tonights going to be fun."

She gave me a sarcastic smile and turned away, glaring out the window.

By the time we had got there, my heart started to this so loud I was surprised it hasn't ripped fr my chest. I knew this would cause stress for the baby and myself, so I attempted to calm down.

But I was seeing Raven tonight and that made me pretty anxious. My hands were trembling badly as we entered the loud building. It was dark other than the streaming lights.

A casino in the corner caught my eye, the people there standing out more than the actually area. Shaking my head, I picked up my dress a little to walk down the three stairs of the dark room. People were dancing to the offbeat music and  I concluded they were all dead drunk.

Most of their moves were pretty sloppy.

I followed the boys with LizAnnie right next to me. Couple people stared at us as we passed to go into a section behind beads dangling from the door frame. I could tell it was VIP the moment we could see tall men with tons of muscle.

"Raven."

The security nodded in recognition towards Cory whom had stated Raven's name. He let us through the door that was closed and suddenly, I felt the need to cry. Booze was everywhere. In every single corner of the room their was a bottle of tequila.

White rum was in the back of the bar, all standing on a shelf that glowed to proudly show it off. My mouth watered at the sight of every alcoholic drink that seemed good. Sour apple pucker shots were what made my self restraint break.

"Ooh! I want that!" I begin to make my way to the bar when Liz holds me back. "What?" I question.

Her hand gestures to my stomach and I looked down. "Did you forget already? You can't have alcohol!"

I pouted and followed her and the boys to a different section of the VIP room. I could now understand why people liked this room better than out there. It was more sophisticated.

We came across more beads and when we were fully through it, I wanted to turn around and go back to the mansion. Raven sat in a seat with a shot in hand,

I cringed at the sight and looked away.

"Finally," He gritted out,

I looked around the roo, slightly impressed. "So this is your business?"

Raven smirked at me, gulping the rest of his shot before standing up. "Why yes. It's one of them."

LizAnnie nodded. "How long are we going to be here? Kenzie has a pull to all that alcohol and she can't have it."

Raven didn't even seem phased by the shot he had taken as he stared down to me. "Not too long. Have some business to attend to."

I pursed my lips before reaching down and throwing my heels off. Cory, Liz, and Jason looked surprised but Raven's cold expression didn't change. "Well, if you think you are going to have a kid in me and make me wear heels, you have another thing coming. I barely made it here by myself."

At this, Raven gritted his teeth. "You didn't help her?" He seethed.

Cory shook his head. "Even if we were to help, she would have snapped our necks off."

I felt a sense of pride at their fear but it faded away the instant I saw Raven whip out his gun again. Just as I opened my mouth to protest, he pulled the trigger and the shots were fired.