Eighteen

I was beyond peeved that night. I stayed in the little corner of the room as the boys chatted over Lord knows what. Raven had let me go through my small tantrum and I gladly took that as an okay to ignore him.

LizAnnie wanted to question me so badly that she even drew small specks of blood from biting her lip to keep quiet. I wanted to tell her later, seeing as we were stuck at some crappy club.
For some reason, I was giddy being here. Other than for the fact I was next to three gang members.

Nothing would sit very well with me. Dang hormones.

Raven had kept his eyes on me the whole time, making me squirm in my seat. I could swear he was bipolar, but I would never be certain. Maybe he liked playing with his prey, making them feel weak and when the moment comes, he attacks. Whatever it is, I'm hating and loving it at the same time.

"The package hasn't arrived yet," Jason states, finally catching Raven's eyes. I frowned towards them, tuning into the conversation like him.

"What do you mean it hasn't come?" He growled angrily. I paled instantly, inching closer to Liz to protect her while placing a hand on my stomach.

Jason shifts uncomfortably in his seat as he makes a glance my way. I ignore it as I watch Raven, praying he doesn't pull out the damn gun again. "The Maugeri's haven't sent them. Said they were wanting a better price or they would look for someone else."

Instead of an ultimate tantrum/fury fit, Raven remained silently angry. Which was by far the worst kind anyone can have. It was the type of mood where someone was plotting a murder, and since it's a gang member, it's not unheard of for them to kill.

I almost peed my pants when a wide smile stretched his gorgeous lips, adding to what I thought he was: a maniac. "Better price?"

Cory had obviously gotten more tense at the image before us, as well as Jason. I felt my inner thoughts calm down from earlier as I realized what I was up against. There was no way I could ever defend myself without any torture.

"Tell the Maugeri's we'll give them a better price."

Somehow I doubt the price is going to be money.

Breathing deeply and exhaling sharply, I clutched onto a part of the couch I was on for help. I begin to feel a bit dizzy as fear crept up my spine. I shivered at the thought of what Raven could do to them.

Holy crap, he must be the freaking leader.

I can't believe i didn't notice this earlier. When his men called him, 'Boss', I thought it was out of respect because he was higher than them. Never did I think about him being the leader of them all. There is still more people out there that he rules.

So why am I freaking attracted to the guy? I'm calm, maybe a little shaken, but I stand up to the guy! I disrespect him, too. The only reason I can think of as to why I'm still alive is because of my baby.

My child.

He is planing on making him into a leader of drugs, murder, and mental suicide. People like Raven wreck themselves after the images and things they have witnessed. They go crazy and have to fill the void of their first killing. After that, they just keep pulling on the deaths to feel that high they first gone.

What none of them have ever figured out yet, is that once the high is gone, it isn't coming back.

So they just kill.

Raven wants my child to be like that. He wants this innocent being to go through life knowing he is only meant to fulfill his father's duty. That he is able to kill men and women without a second of hesitation.

What if it's a girl?

"Did you say Maugeri?" LizAnnie squeaked from beside me. We all snapped our heads towards her, curious as to why she cares.

"Yes," Corry says bluntly.

I tried to think of why she cared so much, but nothing came up. "As in, Trey and Fiona Maugeri?"

My eyes widen once I remembered the names. The names of the people whom had watched over LizAnnie and I as kids. The people whom are parents trusted the most.

"Yes." This time, it was Raven who replied.

How the frick frack is it always me who is associated with these psychopaths?!

"You have to be kidding me!" I yelled out, my mind freaking out. "Why me?!"

Jason had not been around the time Liz and I were with them. At this point, he was just as confused as the others. "What are you going on about?" He yelled at us, worry deep within his eyes. But I could care less at this point.

"Our parents trusted them," Liz whispered to me, making me nod. Now, the feeling was too overwhelming and I pushed myself off the couch. Instantly Raven got up to get to me, but I was dashing out of the room to find a trashcan.

I couldn't believe it. It a five months time, I had managed to get pregnant, kidnapped, and lied to by my best friend who is in a gang. Meanwhile, a child was growing in my stomach and chaos was going on down at the Maugeri's as they are in for the surprise of their lives.

This was too much for me to take on. I wanted to cry at all the unfairness and break down. I wanted to scream at how ridiculous this is and how everything should be back to normal. I wished Raven didn't want the child, cause that would have been so much easier than dealing with this.

My gosh, I freaking dragged LizAnnie into this, my family could be in danger, and now I have a kid.

What the heck did I do to deserve this?