Fifty-three

"Is that where they were?" I ask, pointing at the red flashing speck on the digital map. Raven took a glance away from his plans and towards me. He nodded.

"Yes. That was where they were hiding. You were correct on the assumption from earlier. But by no means does that mean we are going on another whim here."

I step back, my hands in the air for defense. "Alright, alright." My hands glide down to the sling Diana was resting in and I start to bounce in my steps. "So what's the game plan?"

Jason jumps up from the office chair. "Well, it seems they are heading for Pennsylvania, by the looks of it."

My head shot up in surprise. "Pennsylvania? How have they gotten that far away?"

Cory, who was looking at another map in the corner, also came over to where I stood. "They must have been switching cars around. That's the only way we couldn't have been able to track them and stop them by now."

"Don't worry, Tesoro. I have Drayden following every vehicle they have used so far."

I frown. "So you mean that you don't have their current location nor vehicle set. Are we one step behind them?"

"You could say that," Jason agrees. "They haven't gone too much away from us, though, so we gave a pretty good idea of where they are."

Sighing, I place a hand to my forehead and gently rub it. "Drayden. You said the name Drayden. Who is that?"

All three boys stop to look at me. "You don't know? He is the one who worked the computer the last time. He was at the wedding," Jason says cautiously.

"The wedding? Mine? He was there?"

"Yes."

"Oh." I make a face for a moment before moving on. "If he is supposedly tracking then down, than what are we doing here? Pointing at maps and hoping for the best? I thought we were suppose to plan this one out thoroughly."

Raven slammed down his pencil. "You, are doing nothing. You are here in my office for safety precautions," he informs me through gritted teeth.

"Safety? How safe can I be with a gang leader and gang members?"

Jason gave me a worried look, as if telling me to close my mouth for the time being. But I wouldn't.

"Just so you realize this, those guys were not after her. They were striking to get you and the kid. We are lucky enough to be able to retrieve Diana safely. Why don't you sit back and keep your pretty lips shut for awhile. Or do younkt want your friend?"

Pouting, I slip into the black couch and rock Dee. I watch them as they work diligently with concentrated faces and in silence. Every so often I had to calm down my child, whether it was food, or something else. Other than that, things were peacefully quiet.

While waiting, I could feel my strength whisking away. Slowly my eyes were narrowing and it became harder to keep them opened. Just as I almost fell asleep, the door to the office burst opened.

I leap off the seat to watch the intruder hurry over to Raven. "I found them!" He exclaimed loudly.

Sighing, I press a hand to my temple. "What's going on?" I speak tiredly.

The man spins around, a paper in one hand and a laptop in the other. "I found your friend. We can go there tonight and be back tomorrow no problem."

"Seriously?" I gasp, a hand over my lips and one under Diana. "Are you serious? You found her?!"

Raven snatched the paper from the man and reads it over. Surprise etched on his face before it drifted away. "We must be careful. This all seems too easy to do."