Fourteen

My eyes were stuck to every moving vehicle and tree we passed. This state was very green and had just small flakes of snow even though winter was over. The heat and humidity was low here, even though I only felt it for a split second.

I could feel Raven's burning gaze on the back of my head but I chose to ignore him. He was silent throughout the ride and I was content with that. Other than the fact I didn't know where we were going, I didn't question him.

We pulled into a newly paved parking lot. There wasn't much to go off of, other than there was little to no cars and the brownish colored building was sophisticated. I could smell different cleansing scents from outside and could take a guess as to where we were by now.

"Why?" I finally whispered, rolling the window up when he parked. He ignored my question and got out, making me realise I probably should know the answer. I climbed out as well and met him from the back.

Raven didn't wait for me as he took long strides to the front doors and went through. I power-walked to catch up and quickly slipped through the closing door. We met at the front office to the man behind the desk.

"Welcome. Do you have an appointment?"

Raven leaned over the desk slightly and nodded. "Yes. Just give me the paperwork so I can fill it out."

We have an appointment?

I watched the man hand him a clipboard. "What's your name?" He asked me politely. I smiled a little to ease up my own nerves about being around so many people.

We were at a doctors office. One of us is a killer and one is a victim.

Clearly the victim is the enormously tall guy next to me. I'm coming after you freaks.

"Mackenzie Rogers."

He nodded and plucked out a file from behind him. He came back and handed the papers to Raven. As soon as Raven turned, I mouthed my plea to the man.

'Help me.'

His eyebrows furrowed and I turned around with Raven to sit down. The moment I had fully sat, my kidnapper put a hand on my knee. I gave him a funny look.

"What are you doing?"

He continued to fill out my paperwork, somehow already knowing my information. "Don't think I didn't see the exchange between you and the worker," he mumbled in my ear. My breathing hitched dramatically as I realized our close proximity. His hand squeezed my knee painfully and I did my best to hide my cringe. "Don't do it again."

"W-what?" I stuttered, placing my hand over his as an attempt to stop him.

He tsked in my ear. "Don't play dumb, Tesoro. I know what you did. He isn't going to be alive by time he goes home. There isn't a way for him to save you after that, now is there?"

My blood went cold at the mention of killing someone. If the death was because of me, I wouldn't be able to handle that. Next time self, be smart and just let him take you to a doctors appointment.

I gulped and watched him insert all the correct answers for my information. Raven could tell I wanted to ask him how he knew all if this, but we both went back to silence.

Looking around, I noticed a few people giving me looks of wonder. When they caught my eye, they instantly look away. Raven apparently watched them as well because he squeezed my leg again.

"Don't look at them. Gives them better knowledge about you."

I turned my head at him. "Huh?"

Raven still wasn't looking at me, but he did drip his hand. "You're an open book, sweetheart."

I frowned at him, not at all believing what he was saying. Just as I opened my mouth to respond, he stood up and gave back the clipboard and info. Giving the girls in the waiting area another glance, I noticed a sign above the entrance that I hadn't seen earlier.

'Property of Raven Pierce.'

"You have got to be kidding me," i exasperated. Huffing, I turned back in my seat to face forward, not wanting to associate anyone here. Raven knew he had control of these workers, and he even threatened their safety.

I glared at the ground once Raven came back and waited until we were called. He was more tense we he did come back, though, and I bet he realized I know who owns the damn building. I would be jumping down his throat right now, if he hadn't kidnapped me and we were just one night stands having a kid together.

But my life isn't normal.

"Mackenzie Pierce?"

I snapped my head so quickly I was afraid I almost got whiplash. My eyes widen towards the doctor who was reading from the clipboard Raven had filled out. If I had known that's what he had put, I would caused a scene.

Raven's breath was close to my ear when I hadn't moved a muscle. "Let's go. Making the doctor wait is rude."

I scowled, popping to my feet and leaving the waiting area. I entered the room that was set up strangely like the last one I was in with Raven. Giving up hope that he wouldn't follow, I sat on the bed.

The doctor smiled at me. "How are you doing, Mrs. Pierce?"

I shot an icy glare towards Raven. "Fine," I reply snootily. She noticed the exchange between us but didn't question it. What I really wanted to say was already told to another employee. And he almost got killed.

"Any pain problems?"

At this, I froze in my spot as I tried to recall any problems. "Um, not that I can recall. Not so far, anyway," I quickly correct.

"Last morning sickness?"

What's the date again? Sorry, I had been kidnapped so I don't know how long it has been since my last throw up.

"What's today's date?" I queried. Rolling my lip between my teeth as I wait, I catch my eyes with my baby daddy's for a split second.

I felt stupid for still feeling attracted to the hot specimen next to me whom killed my doctor and probably have me bruises. I blame the pregnancy hormones.

"It's only been two days since your last appointment," Raven replies. I nod in confirmation before turning to the doctor with a big, false smile.

"One day."

She scribbled it down on her paperwork before asking more questions. "Okay, have you done any sexual interactions lately?"

Stunned, I frantically shook my head. "No! Wouldn't that hurt the child?"

She smiled gently, as if reassuring me. "It doesn't hurt the child. It induces pregnancy labors. In fact, I recommend it." She gives me a look before nodding to Raven.

No way. Not again, I'm not.

"Oh."

She then proceeded to lay me down on the paper-wrapped bed and put a gel into my stomach. As soon as the picture cane up onto the ultrasound, I felt my heart melt.

The reason behind my kidnapping, the reason behind my constant morning sickness, the reason for my wacky hormones, are all because of that tiny human inside of me.

The one thing that is putting hope in me that Liz and I will get out of this.
----
Thanks for reading! What do you guys think? Will Kenz and Liz ever get their freedom again?