Fourty-four

My eyes flutter open after hearing a lot of sweet words. I focused solely on Raven, though, because he was the one having me wrapped in his arms tightly. I could feel the warmth of his body and begin to wriggle uncomfortably.

He snaps his eyes down to me. "Finally." Suddenly, it felt like I was flying as he threw me across the vehicle and onto the otherside. I flopped onto the seat like a dehydrated fish.

Why are we in a limo? Man, my head friggin' hurts because of that jack-wagon.

I took a second to glare harshly at him, but I noticed by surroundings were tense. "Wha-?" In a flash, everything hit me. I remember fainting after being told my daughter was kidnapped.

Raven turned his cold eyes back onto me. "So you remember, huh? Good. Now you can-"

I ignored him. "Step on it you dimwitted driver or I swear on your grave I will pull this car over and beat the life out of ya, just to put it back in so I can gut it back out!" I roar, making Jason jump in his skin. I jolted forward from the force of the car speeding up.

Raven half smirks. "I don't appreciate you threatening my driver."

I bit my cheek. "Oh yeah? Well I don't appreciate you putting my daughter in danger," I retort. I didn't know I was able to be so fierce.

But I wasn't very smart either. He reaches his sturdy arm across the limo, leaning forward and squishing my cheeks in painfully. "Watch your tone."

I narrow my eyes at him. "My dwaughta is kinap becas ah youl." He squeezed a bit harder, making my tongue poke out. He watched it for a moment. "Wha?"

"You want to keep this thing, right?" He asks, suddenly slipping a knife up to my tongue. My eyes show panic but I don't budge. Raven shuffles his eyes back to my own. "We will find her, okay?"

He removes the knife and I nod. For a moment, he just looked at me. Raven slowly released one part of my face and cups the other. After I watched him look at me in a way I've never seen, tears started to build up.

I guess Raven read my confusion. "You're crying because you're scared, vita mia," he whispers. His face was so close to my own that I felt the warmth of his breath.

One by one, a tear rolled off of my cheek and onto my hands. Raven slid next to me, but didn't stop watching my every move. So was this what it felt like to be cared by the one you love? If it is, it sucks.

I would rather be hated, punished, beaten than to have my daughter taken away. Just when I thought she would be safe from my arms, instead she is taken into someone elses.

Not gonna happen.

"Where are we going?" I ask quietly.

Cory snorts. "You should know. You are the one who commanded the poor driver to hurry there."

I glare at him. "Because I make him go faster doesn't mean I know where that is," I snap, tucking a piece of short red hair behind my ear.

Raven clears his throat, making me look his way. "You're not going to like it," he mumbles, his deep voice shaking my nerves.

My eyes harden. "I will kill anyone who tries to take my daughter away."

Jason pipes up as well. "Weren't you the one who gave her away?"

"To protect her!" I yell, defending my decision.

"Well it doesn't look like that ended well," Cory responds, casting a look my way before continuing to look out the window. I frown.

Did I do the wrong thing?

"Stop being a child," Raven growls out. His glare is right back on me. "If you try to fight you'll only get killed."

I whipped my head towards him, my eyes burning with so much anger I'm surprised he didn't back down. For all the dumbest things he has gotten mad at me for, no one had ever looked as mad as I did at this point.

"I would die for my child!"

He leans closer to me. "Where is that going to get you? Huh? You die and there is no one left for her!" His accents becomes thicker as he screams at me.

"Maybe if you loved your daughter than that wouldn't be the case!" I scream back at him, biting my cheek harder. "You were a whore back then and you still are!"

My head forcefully turned the side in that moment. The sound of a slap echoing and my cheek throbbing painfully. My tears started to fall once more as I looked at him.

"Don't be reckless," he growls. "We are taking you back to my home. You arent coming with us."

My lip quivers, the waterfall breaking as I just sobbed. Raven watched me cry, but turned away quickly as if he couldn't stand looking at me. I could feel my heart tearing into shreds, breaking off piece by piece.

"Bring h-her home. And L-Liz," I whisper. Jason and Cory both nod my way, while Raven stares at the tinted window. "Raven," I command his attention. "Look at me."

His eyes flicker my way. "What?"

I grit my teeth. "Bring them home."

The car pulls to a stop, Jason escorts me out of the limo and into the home. Marissa met me at the door, throwing her arm over my shoulder and guiding me in. Just before the house door closed, I look over my shoulder to the father of my child.

He nods.

The door closes and I face Marissa. "Worst vacation ever," I mumble. Marissa smiles warily as she takes me towards my old room. Most of Diana's stuff was sitting out and about, making the waterworks come up again.

"Raven called and told me."

I sit on the bed, looking down into Dee's crib. I hold my red cheek for a second then drop the hand."Is this where it ends?"

Marissa frowns. "Ends? Mackenzie, hon, your life has just gotten started."

------