Four

Edited
Jason stared at us in anticipation across the table, taping wildly along the wooden oak. I bit my lip, indecisive about this particular subject. My eyes flickered to LizAnnie but she gave me a shrug. 

I gave Jason an unsure smile. "I guess I could go."

Jason thought the news we just spilled onto him was terrific and wanted to celebrate. I knew there was no food in the pantry so I agreed. With a request that he is paying for whatever we did. Liz had said she wanted to stay home. 

"So I guess it's just us?" I asked him, quirking an eyebrow. He nodded and I stood up, picking my phone off the table and leaving to get ready. 

It was already night time, the day wasted away from different horror films and ice cream bowls. I guess it was our lazy day for the time being. At least until I could get it together.

By the time I had finished with putting myself together, Jason was waiting in the car for me. 

We drove in peace, talking about different things we have experienced, and he thankfully left out what 'things' I had done. Jason was studying to be a teacher for our old high school, even though that's not exactly what his dad wanted. 

When we pulled into the restaurant, he practically dragged me to the front to check in with a reservation I hadn't realized he made. 

"Okay," I breathed when we sat down. "No more pushing the fat lady."

He playfully glared, fixing the jacket of his suit. "You're aren't even that far along to be categorized as 'fat'."

I grinned cheekily, popping open the menu to search for what I wanted. "I think I'll just go for the potato soup and toast," I say lightly, almost as if it wasn't positive. Then with a firm nod, I repeated myself. "Yeah, I want that."

"Shh," He mumbled across from me, intently eying every picture on the menu. I rolled my eyes, pushing mine to the side and stuck my hands under my chin to wait for him. 

After a couple minutes a waitress came with a smile. "Good evening, my name is Jessica and I'll be your waitress tonight," she greets. 

I smile and ordered, then looked to my friend. "Jase."

"Shh."

I bit my tongue and counted ten seconds before his head popped up and gave Jessica a heart warming smile, working an immediate charm on her. I watched him order with a smirk, knowing my friend here was just tugging her heart for the night. 

I turned to see over my shoulder, looking at the place with awe. This restaurant was rebuilt and modified from the last time I had been here, but it still gave me a happy feeling. My smile fell immediately when I noticed someone I really wish I didn't.

Frowning in his direction, I tried to make sure I went unnoticed, but with Jason's dad owning the restaurant, many staff members knew of me. Taking deep breaths, I decided I'd hide in the bathroom until I can face Raven.

"Jase, I'll be right back," I voiced as I pushed my chair back and tried to leave. My short dress rolled up and I groaned in protest, rolling it down and giving him a look. "Behave."

He grinned cheekily. "Don't worry. I'll behave."

I rolled my eyes and searched for the restrooms, but sighed when I found them. Behind Raven was the toilets calling for me because I seriously now had to use it. Rushing past every waiter and table in heels, I glided right past Raven when a hand stuck out and gripped my arm. 

I wanted to stomp my foot like a child, thats how frustrated I was. I turned to tell the person off when I noticed whom it was. "Yes?"

His eyes were still that slick and cold beads that stuck to your skin in fury. "Are you following me?" Raven gave me a displeased look.