Tweny-six

They had sent us to the room a little while after I woke up. Raven, of course, was no where to be seen. I was okay with that, because I didn't need Diana anywhere near him. He didn't need to be reminded that his gang can't continue on with a girl.

Unless he would train her.

I forbid anything dangerous happening. I just wished the cops would finally come and rescue us. It's apparently been longer than j had originally thought.

"Smile baby," I said as soon as we entered the room. "This is your new home. Since obviously you can't stay in the womb for very long."

LizAnnie snorted from behind me, closing the door as she came in. "No, that would be too easy. The kid had to do something at some point."

Diana stared up at me in wonder, but droopy eyes. I gave a quick glance away from her to see where I was going before gazing down at her. "No, Diana is too wonderful to keep hidden for too long."

I sat on the bed, tears brimming my eyes again as I thought of the terrible mess I brought my baby in. But only a mother would know what it felt like to be attached to someone we just met.

Or someone who believes in love at first sight.

I hoped Raven wouldn't show his face for the rest of the time we stayed here. Though, I was beginning to lose faith the longer Liz and I were here. With everything going in, and how long it has taken for someone to finally find us, I was surprised we haven't been moved to a different gang.

Well there is the baby...

"So, who was that girl in the room?"

I chuckled half heartily as I rocked my baby. "Her name is Marissa. She is Raven's sister."

LizAnnie's eyes widen a fraction as she moved closer to me. "Really?  What the heck is she doing here? In a place like this?"

"What are any of them doing here?" I question instead, holding her eyes with such intensity that I had to let my emotions through. "These girls willingly come here," I exasperate.

Liz frowned. "I know, they were kidnapped..." she trails off in confusion.

"It at first seemed like it," I whisper, recalling how I had first met Scarlett. "No, they needed to be persuaded with money and a place to stay. That's why they are here."

LizAnnie broke our gaze to look at Diana than at the door. "I don't understand."

I needed to control my emotions, but it was devastatingly hard to do so. "Raven picked these girls off the streets, offered a paying job and a place to stay."

My best friend looked off in the distance, seemingly trying to connect the dots. Diana started to get a bit grumpy, making me sigh. Liz grabbed the sheet off the bed, tying it around my neck like a bib as I pull down my shirt and latest bra.

"Thats going to take some time getting use to," she mutters, causing me to laugh. She smiled lightly, in which I had to return. The smile seemed like we were both encouraging each other that we would get through this.

I closed my eyes while feeding Diana, her little mouth making a ton of noise that echoed in the empty, silent room. I massaged her cheek and rubbed her back as I held onto my life. The only thing that I could ever get attached to.

Her tiny body was curled up to me, in small baby clothes and a diaper the doctor gave me. I thought about my apartment I would have shared with Liz, and the small materials I had collected over the few months I had been pregnant. My apartment was probably being taxed by nosy neighbors and policeman trying to find us.