I am not in love with james potter

Lily's pov

"I'm not in love with James Potter"
"Sure, whatever you say," Alice laughs as Frank slips his arm around her waist. I roll my eyes and fold my arms over my chest as I look down at my robes, suddenly noticing the small badge pinned to my chest. "Aggg oh my god I can't believe I forgot" i yell jumping up and practically throwing myself at the door of our carriage. "I have to get to the heads carriage oh no I'm going to be late. I'm NEVER late ahh"

I scurry through the long corridor, ducking through the small groups of students and using my small size to my advantage but even through all the rushing, I can't help wondering who the head boy is going to b, most likely someone like Remus. We've always gotten on to he'd a nice person to spend the time with, thinking of him the whole group comes to mind. The marauders being known by everyone and always seemed to be the centre of attention and  while I have come to get on with Remus and on some occasions, Peter and Sirius James Potter, on the other hand, is an interiorly differs case, the very rare situations in which we have come to get along have been quickly ruined by his arrogance and immatureness not long after. Suddenly i am at the door with 'heads carriage' written over it and my thoughts of James Potter have to come to a close. Taking a deep breath I open it and I'm greeted by the last person I ever expected to see. 

"Evans fancy seeing you here" i groan and sigh deeply before coming in and closing the door behind me, sitting down on the opposite seat and glaring at me. "You don't look happy to see me" he says acting offended. "good assumption" i smile sarcastically. "Mr Potter, Miss Evans, thank goodness you're here now.." McGonagall says sweeping in and going on to explain that the new prefects will be arriving shortly to discuss the next year's events. As she talks Potter keeps his eyes on me, he takes note of what she's saying but his gaze doesn't waver, not even for a second until everyone does, in fact, join us and he's forced to. Although he certainly did take his position seriously, doing everything he was supposed to and getting all the information across there was still a vast amount of the old James left, still making jokes and teasing everyone, mostly me. The truth being that i don't actually mind the old James, he can be kind and sweet and really is fun to be around, its just the other aspects of his of his personality that i don't like, true they have been limited in recent months but not enough to really change my mind. Once we'd explained all of the duties that the prefects would have this year and the sort of things that will be happening they all left. I noticed Remus give James a small suggestive smile and walk out. I just rolled my eyes and took a look back at James...just to see what he was doing. He looks so arrogant and cocky and suddenly it hits me I have to share a room with him, i promise myself that this will not affect me, I will not fall for James Potter! "You ok there Evans?" James laughs snapping me out of my trance and back to reality.

"Fine thanks, potter, you?" Again with the last names really are we gonna carry this on all year i groan silently "As long as I'm with you I couldn't be better" he said with a wink. Normally this would have been passed off as another one of his cringy chat up lines but for some reason I found myself smiling and felt the blood rush to my cheeks and making me re-think my earlier assumptions, maybe the whole avoiding his charms isn't going to be easy, of course it hasn't been before but the absence of his tautening is quickly increasing the difficulty.

James pov
I have to force myself to keep from practically skipping with joy, she blushed I made lily Evans blush and i can't help but beam with pure joy, this has to mean something. "Right well i guess i'll be going then?" i smile nodding to her and opening the carriage door. "Uh James?" she calls after me, "yeah" i reply spinning on my heal to face her as she lingers in the doorway. "I was just wondering if you'd like to sit next to each other for the rest of the journey, i left Frank and Alice alone before and i don't really want to interrupt them now plus i guess we have some stuff to talk about don't we?" Her tone is a little shy and yet again i fell my heart rate quicken up as i run a hand nervously through my hair "Yeah, sure I'd love to". She smiles and nods, backing into the carriage and sitting down on the left side, i follow her in and hesitate unsure where to go but after noticing her eyes on me i quickly decide on the right so we are opposite each other. "so did you have a good summer?". "yeah, same as usual, spent most of it with the boys although Sirius was off on more than one occasion" i laugh hoping she'll remember. It was discovered late last year that Sirius and Marlene had started spending a lot more time together and the subject was one me and lily did enjoy teasing them about. "Ah yes, now who could he have been visiting?" she smirks raising her eyebrows suggestively. 

Lily's pov
I waved goodbye to James after agreeing to meet back down by the boats and gaze up, I'm still taken back by the beauty of Hogwarts, even after all these years. I think I always will be. I step off the platform and walk straight into him. Sev. It still hurts to see him. We were so close. He was my only friend for years, the only one who didn't judge me back home "sorry lily" he whispers. "It's fine" I reply brushing my self off and gathering up the things I dropped. I don't  even look back as I walk away, I can't bare to. 
"lily LILY WAIT" I hear him shout as he runs towards me. "It's to late sev I'm sorry but I can't be around you anymore not when your with...with them" "talking about us mudblood?" I could tell it was his little group that he hangs around with. I didn't even care what they called me now. Wanna be death eaters "just leave Sev LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE" I knew I was crying but I didn't care. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I turned to go but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back, his eyes glistening with tears almost matching my own. "LET ME GO, LET ME GO SEV" I protest. "HEY GET AWAY FROM HER NOW!" A voice shouts from behind me. While kind of relieved to see him I knew I'd have to hide that right now. I might not be friends with him anymore but I knew it would crush sev to think I was friends with James. "I don't need protecting potter" I exclaim. I can see the hurt look on his face as he turns to leave but stands his ground, in the end, I guess he's just as stubborn as I am. "Didn't you hear potter she said she didn't need you"sev spat. his "friends" if you can call them that, began laughing and calling me names. I haven't been here an hour yet and already I'm off to a bad start. I spin around to leave but before I could I heard something I wasn't expecting. "SECTUM SEMPRA" I see sevs face drop as I fall the ground, a pleased look on Bellatrix's face. Then I see him.James tears streaming down his face. Everything seems to be moving so slow. I feel the cold hard ground beneath me and the blood starts soaking my robes. There's a large, wide gash across my stomach. But I can't focus on the pain all I see is James. He's running towards me not noticing sev and his group turn and run. He cradles me and lifts me off the ground. "Lily lily please" he can hardly get his words out. " just stay with me ok... Damn why don't I know how to do Healing charms" he shouts as he begins to run toward the castle at full speed screaming for help as we go. All I can see is the pain etched across his face "I guess I did need protecting" I whisper with a weak smile. "Ill always protect you lily always"
He called me lily.