Bad dream

Lily's pov
"James...of course I love you" I say confidently as I move closer to him, his body relaxing a little as he nods. "Okay.." he mumbles
"and did that...mean anything to you"
I shake my head and try to meet his gaze "no not at all. Se..Snape kissed me, I swear I didn't know he was going to do it"
Again he nodded slowly while his breathing starts to return to normal just as he finally meets my eyes, but before I can say anything he's grabbed my arm and pulled me forward "Merlin lil your arm!" He exclaims taking a hold of it. "We have to get you too the hospital wing" he starts to pull he along by my good arm towards the castle.
"James can we just"
"No Lily we need to go now" he interrupts
"James we need to"
"Lily no"
"But.."
"I said no"
"No but we need"
"NO LILY OKAY! I CANT TALK TO YOU RIGHT NOW" he snaps making me jump, even when we've argued before James has never once raised his voice to me in a way that shows he doesn't want to talk to me, doesn't want to resolve the problem. "Okay" I whisper allowing him to lead me the rest of the way in silence.

We get to the hospital wing in just a matter of minutes and in ushered into a bed and my wounds are seen too. James I seem to notice for the first time is also covered in blood and bruises, gashes covering his whole body and tearing his clothes. He slumps down onto a bed as far away from me as he can and turns away, looking back occasionally to see what's happening. Whether madam Pomphery has been told about Remus's condition I don't know but she hardly asked any questions and I'm guessing she knows the other boys have some sort of role in it all by now with some of the injuries they turn up with. "You can go now if you'd like my dear, just come back in the morning to let me check and re-dress it okay. You won't be attending lessons tomorrow"
I nod in response and smile weakly standing up and heading toward the door with my arms wrapped around my body to take away some of the harshness of the cold air. "Now Mr. Potter.." her voice trails off as I get further away, I didn't even try to stop and say goodbye to James, with Remus passed out and me being told I couldn't stay with him and Peter and Sirius sat up beside a silent stern looking James I decided I best just do as I was told and go.

The walk back to my common room was lonely and cold, I pulled off my ripped coat and laid it down on the sofa before heading up to my bedroom. I slowly took off and changed the rest of my clothes that were now covered in blood and mud from the nights events. I crawl into bed and lay on my side facing the door, preying that at any second James is going to come through it and tell me everything is okay and he's forgiven me, or that non of it happened at all, that it was all just a very, very bad dream.