The next day

Lily's pov
I wake with a start and immediately regret moving so quickly as the wide cut on my arm causes me to wince slightly, I look down to see it's bleed through the bandages a little but otherwise looks okay. My clock shows 11:38 as I force my self out of bed, there's no sign of James or that he was in here at all, not that I was expecting him to be.

Building up all the courage I have I get up and go to his room, I hesitate at the door. With all that happened last night I didn't get a chance to see how badly the others were injured and so I have no idea if he'll even be In there. "James" I call knocking on it three times. "James" there's no answer so I twist the handle and let it slip from my grasp to open. Sadly there's once again no sign of him, he must still be in the hospital wing.

I sigh and turn away from the empty bedroom to go and get washed and changed.
Once dressed casually in jeans and a oversized thin green jumper I run a towel through my hair to dry it a little and apply a minimal amount of makeup before leaving.
The hospital wing isn't very far away but my lack of wanting to get there at all slowed me down. The walk giving me chance to decide what I was going to do. After thinking about the nights events over and over again, the feeling of Sev kissing me, how wrong it felt, James's face when he saw me after, the way he spoke to me and the pure self hatred and guilt I felt made me know one thing for certain, there is no way in hell I'm letting him go.

After gaining the confidence I needed my pace quickened and I was bursting through the hospital wing doors in a matter of minutes.
"My god, Miss Evans please slow down there are patience sleeping, sit yourself down there and I'll be over in a minute" madam Pomphery scolds me, shaking her head and gesturing to the bed closest me.
Over In the corner in the same place he was before is Remus, still fast asleep with Peter and Sirius either side of him, James's bed next to them left empty. I frown and go and sit down where I was instructed, "Lily are you okay?" Sirius asks jumping up and jogging over to me, with a slight limp. He pulls me into an unexpecting hug and starts rambling "I'm so sorry I never thought he'd be stupid enough to bring you with him I just"
"That's right, it was you wasn't it, that told sev how to deactivate the whomping willow" I interrupt stepping back from him. His face drops as he nods quickly looking down.
"I'm sorry, and you don't need to yell at me. James has already done that" he mumbles sitting down on the bed. I hesitate before mimicking his action, maybe James didn't tell him about what happened. "I'm not going to yell at you Sirius" I sigh trying to catch his gaze. "I know you wouldn't of meant to cause me harm, even if I know you intended for Severus to get hurt" I say the last bit with a little bitterness causing him to look at me like child who's being told off. "I am sorry" he repeats, although deep inside I know that if I hadn't of been there he may not be.
"It's okay" I tell him, "it's done now"
"Thanks" he mutters looking at me guiltily.

I wait a couple minutes before asking, knowing that if I did straight away it'd be to obvious that something was wrong.
"Where is James then?" Sirius looks up and shrugs. "I don't know, we had a big argument and he stormed out, hardly even let himself be cleaned up. I haven't seen him since last night, I assumed he went back to your room" he says, his voice shaking a little and his posture straightening, picking up on his concern I know I have to clam him down. "Right, no he did, he just wasn't there when I got up" I lie, "I thought me came back here with you"
"Oh" Sirius says relaxing a bit "no, he's not been here"

I say goodbye to Sirius soon after and start to look for James, I can only assume he's not in lessons like me as he normally spends the day with the boys in the hospital wing the night after a full moon. I check the library, the astronomy tower, the owlery, hagrids, our common room and even through every corridor that I could of the castle. Nothing.
Trying not to panic when you're stressed enough anyway is hard enough let alone when you have no idea if your boyfriend still wants to be with you or not.

After what felt like hours of searching I collapse on the ground beside the black lake, the sun is shining above me making it very hot and with little to no breeze I'm already feeling slightly dizzy, I really should of stayed to let madam pomphery check me over instead of racing off to look for James.

As my eyes squint to avoid the glaring sun I attempt to stand up, my legs wobbling slightly as I look out into the distance and catch sight of a black hazy figure just ahead of me.
I take a couple stumbling steps forward, trying not to fall and strain my eyes to focus on who it is. My heart races and I immediately inhale a large amount of air as I see him. "James. JAMES" I shout causing him to look my way. He stops and for a second I'm not sure if he's going to turn and walk the opposite way but thankfully he continues towards me.

"Lily what are you doing? You should be in the hospital wing" he says taking my arm and starting to pull me forwards, the scene feeling all to familiar for me. "No" I shout pulling away from him forcefully. "You're not just going to ignore me again okay" his expression is hard and cold as I speak, not giving me any indication of what he's feeling for me, If he's feeling anything at all.
"I won't let you walk away from me when we need to talk about this"
"I don't know what you want me to say"
"I need to know what you're thinking James. I need to know how I can fix this. I never ever wanted to do that to you...I'd never cheat on you. That kiss meant nothing" I tell him confidently, my eyes wide and my breathing hard.
"You promise" he asks, his frown softening and showing how hurt he is, the sight breaking my heart. "I swear on my life, you have to believe me" I plead stepping closer to him as my eyes start to sting. "Are you sure, because I can't loose you again. It's too much Lily, the amount of times I've had to think you didn't want me anymore, didn't love me"
"I've never been more sure of anything In my life. You're the most important thing in my life James Potter. The most important thing"
He nods slowly and I can see a small tear in the corner of his eye as he looks down. Suddenly I can't take it anymore and I instinctively reach forward and pull him into a hug, he buries his face in the crook of my neck and holds me tightly. "I'm so sorry" I say running my hand through his hair and down his neck in a soothing motion. "I'm so sorry"
I feel his arms tighten around me as he speaks for what seems like the first time in ages "I love you" he mumbles against my skin.
I breath a sigh of relief and fight the urge to cry
"I love you too"