Really happening

"LILY" i hear James's voice ring out. I immediately drop what i'm doing and run out into the hall where he is holding up his mum, hardly able to stand and deathly pale, with the beginning signs of the dragon pox starting to be visible on her skin.  He's breathing hard and fast and at the sight and so am i, this is the first we have seen visual signs and it's known that once this sets in the patient become highly contagious and the extent of their illness worsens significantly. "What do i do?" he asks desperately glancing from me to his mum. I take a deep breath and walk forward taking her left side to help him carry her. "come on" i say leading them to one of the chairs on the landing, we place her down and i pull James away to speak to him. "She's getting worse isn't she," he says shaking his head in disbelief. "James....." i mutter pausing, hardly able to get my words out. "This next stage...she can't be at home anymore, she has to be in the hospital" he nods showing his understanding and glances back at her, his eyes starting to water. "Okay," he mumbles. I pull him in for a hug and he rests his head on my shoulder, arms clasped tightly around my body, "She's not going to make it to the wedding" he says pulling away, his face pained with sadness. I feel a sudden but strong wave of protectiveness and the need to take some of his pain away and so i say the only thing i can think of that may realistically do that.                   "Yes she will" 

I don't know if it was just the protectiveness coming out of me or the sheer stubbornness to not give up but hearing him say those words i all of became determined that James's mother would be at our wedding, no matter what. And so that's what i made happen. 

"SIRIUS" i yell running up and knocking on his door, i don't wait for a reply and instead throw his it open to see him laying on his bed flicking through an old quidditch magazine. "jeez lil"               "get the boys here" i demand pointing in his direction and rummaging through his wardrobe. "What?".he asks frowning in confusion at me.  i turn and throw the suit i find at him "Me and James are getting married.......now" 

I rush into my room, pulling out all every product, accessory and makeup item that i could possibly need just as Marlene and Alice fly through my door armed with what looks like about the same in their arms. "Oh thank god" i breath standing up from the bed. "Lily whats going on?" Alice asks coming over and dropping her stuff down next to me as does Marlene. "Mia's taken a bad turn, she's not going to make it to next week and really she needs to be in hospital as soon as possible, but James wanted her to see us get married....so....we're doing it here, now"  inform them going over and showing them my wedding dress already out and hanging on the back of my door. "well then" Mar grins holding up her hairbrush. "Let's get you ready".

I'd sent a message to Marlene and Alice saying that they needed to get to the house as soon as they could and they were to bring their bridesmaids dresses, it went without saying that they brought anything else we might need and of course remembered shoes and hair pieces. I was the one who proposed we get married tonight and although coming up with a few issues i soon glossed over James agreed, after all we had everything we needed and James's dad said that he had a friend who could be here in an hour or so to do the ceremony, James ensured me he would get all the guests here and with the help of his mum decorate for the ceremony while i would later sort out the reception depending on if we even got to have one. All i needed to do now was get myself ready and with the help of Mar and Alice, it was completed far quicker. I said a quick goodbye to James and kissed him softly. "See you down the aisle" i smile up at him turning o go but being caught by his grip on my arm and pulling me back so that our eyes meet. "I love you, Lily Evans," he says smoothly, gaze locked on mine. "i love you too," i tell him, the unconditional love practically radiating out of the both of us, we were really doing this now, we're really going to get married. 

My hair has been blown out and swept to one side, i have dark-ish eye makeup and a plum lip colour, my dress has been put on and a long vale secured with a delicate tasteful hairpiece.  With all the rushing about this is the first time i have had time to take a second and truly take in what is about to happen. In a short time, i will be marrying James Potter, by this time tomorrow i would be a married woman i couldn't wait. I hear a quiet knocking at the door "Come in" i call, the door being pushed open and revealing Remus stood with his hands behind his back, a proud smile on his face as he sees me. "you look beautiful lily" he says sincerely stepping in and walking over to me. "thanks" i reply taking a deep breath and turning to face him, my eyes watering a little at the whole situation. "Very handsome" i smile letting my hand briefly brush over his chest. he chuckles and extends his arm for me to take. "Come on miss, there's a wedding waiting for you downstairs'