The answer

lilys pov

"Lily Evans, will you marry me?" he smiles, his voice smooth and charming as it always is.           My eyes immediately start to water with happiness as i nod, "Yes, Yes, of course, i will" I beam, he grins and stands up, slipping the ring which is a perfect fit onto my finger. I throw my arms around his neck and he picks me up, spinning around once before placing me back on the ground and kissing me. "i love you lil and i know that we're young but i don't care, there's is no one nor will there ever be anyone that i would want to be with over you" he says, brushing a stand on my hair behind my ear. "i love you two James" i tell him, fighting not to cry. "hey" he laughs stroking my cheek, "you're supposed to be happy" "i am, i really am......i just wasn't sure this would ever happen, after everything we've been through already......" i trial off not needing to go into any more detail than that. He smiles warmly and takes my left hand in his, bringing it up to his lips and kissing it. "well here we are" "here we are" i sigh contently, my eyes locked on him and the ring on my finger. "Come on let's go tell everyone" he suggests, i agree and we start walking back into the party. "God this ring, James it must have cost a fortune," i say examining it closer. He shrugs, scrunching up his face "Nah not really"  i know he's lying, the pure size and beauty alone telling me that but i know he'd never tell me how much so i drop the question and kiss him on the cheek before we leave the dorm and head towards the great hall.

Once inside, it doesn't take me long to see that the other Marauders are also here, and from my clear acknowledgment of them James leans down and shouts over the noise "they insisted they come as well, we had to sneak past Madam Pophery and everything. couldn't have planned it all without them" he tells me, the sentence suddenly triggering my memory of just the other day and the flash of gold I saw in Remus's hand, which must of been my neckless. "Is that what Remus was doing the other day at Hagrid's?" He Smiles and looks down at me "yeah, i couldn't think of anywhere that i could hide it where i knew for certain you wouldn't find it......I've had the ring for months but i" "months" i interrupt stopping us from walking any further into the great hall. "yeah" he laughs trailing off "why is that so shocking?" i shrug, suddenly unsure of why it is so surprising to me, clearly he must have known he was going to propose otherwise he wouldn't have had a ring or anything. James chuckles again and starts walking over to our friends whilst i am entranced with the ring on my left hand and the commitment and promise that it represents. 

"NO WAY" Alice squeals as she lets go of my hand and pulls me in for a tight but brief hug. "I'm so happy for you, oh and we have to start planning and i have to.. oh hang on i'll go tell Frank, FRANK!" she calls racing off into the crowd to find her soon to be husband. We laugh lightly at her excitement and i turn my attention back to the others, "congratulations guys" Remus smiles hugging us both followed by Sirius and then Peter. We all sit down at one of the tables and i turn to Remus, "Are you okay?" i ask him, sincerely worried about how he is alright being here so soon after the full moon. he smiles and rubs my arm "lily i'm fine, a little tired as we all are but i wouldn't be here if i wasn't so don't worry about me" "alright well good" i reply and shift so i can see the other boys as well. "i believe I have the rest of you to thank as well" i say to them. Sirius grins proudly and stretches his arms out behind his head "well i did practically plan the whole thing"  he smirks "oh shove off" James laughs knocking him so he nearly falls off his chair. "We mostly just hid and picked stuff up but James had us up just a couple hours after we got back to set it all up in your room" Peter informs me. "yeah why did you do it tonight, considering what you had to do last night" i ask, directing the question at James who is sat beside me. He takes my hand in his "i knew you'd never be expecting it especially tonight and it would be memorable" "well its certainly that" i sigh contently looking down at our entwined hand before slipping in to a quiet conversation between just us, in which i spend the vast majority day dreeming about us getting married.