Its not your fault

Lily's pov
End of of April 1978
I carefully write the last few lines of my notes and place my pen down on the table with a sigh. "Wow that was a lot of writing" I say to Alice as she struggles to gather up her things in her small thin arms. "Oh I know, I don't know how I'm going to remember all this" she laughs without humor. "You'll be fine" I reassure her as we are dismissed and head for the great hall.
"I hope so" she replies quietly.

It was a full moon last night so the boys have been in the hospital wing all day and should be beck for dinner. Iv been looking forward to this moment all day, it's incredible how much I can miss James having only not seen him for a couple hours.

As soon as we reach the entrance I catch sight of him, he immediately smiles widely at me and excuses himself from who he was talking to, to start striding over to me.
When he gets close enough he pulls me into his chest and I raise my head up so I can kiss him. "Hey" i grin as he pulls away. "Hi" he replies happily. I notice a small cut on the side of his head and instinctively reach up to let my fingertips brush over it. He catches my hand in his and brings it away from his head. "It's nothing, I just got knocked down" he tells me.
I frown slightly but I know there's nothing to be done, James is bound to get injuries and Remus doesn't mean to hurt him. "Alright" I say before pulling him over to sit down with everyone else.

"How are you feeling?" I ask Remus as he pours himself a glass of pumpkin juice.
"Yeah okay" he says clearly forcing a smile.
"I know you're lying" I whisper causing him to pause before looking down at me. "It's just difficult, I still don't like the fact that I'm the reason things like that happen", he motions towards Sirius and James who are sat talking happily, small indications of the night before visible on them. Now I'm looking more clearly I notice James also has a bruise on his jawline and the shadows under his eyes are more prominent. Sirius has a split lip and scratch on his neck, I also glance quickly at Peter who's only got a small bruise near his hairline.
"It's not your fault" I say rubbing his arm.
"Yes..it is"