Unexpected visitor

Lily's pov
I lay awake staring at the ceiling in the hope that the sun will come up and I can go and see James soon. I know it's stupid that I can't sleep without him for one night but I just feel off tonight, as if something's going to happen and I need to be prepared. But what could happen? They've been doing this for years, I just need to relax and....BANG...BANG...BANG. I jerk up with a start to look at the door, everything is quiet again but I get up to go and check anyway, picking my wand up from my bedside table as I leave.

I can't see anything from the stairs, everything looks normal as I get to the bottom so maybe  BANG BANG BANG
I snap my head around to look at the portrait hole. Okay deep breaths Lily, you are a skilled independent young woman who does not need to be afraid, it's probably just James....maybe he forgot the password or it could be one of the girls and.. BANG BANG BANG.
I jump again and take a small breath, cautiously walking over to the portrait hole and placing my hand against it.
okay, one...two...three. I pull on it and raise my wand ready to attack, instead I'm met with sev falling in a mess of straggly arms and legs at my feet. "Sev what are you doing?" I scold dropping to the floor to help him up. "I didn't know the password" he says as if it's a perfectly reasonable expansion. "So you decided to give me a heart attack instead....why are you here anyway, it's way past curfew and how on earth did you get here without being seen?" I ask frowning a little in confusion. "Potters not the only one that can get past Filch lil" he almost chuckles. "And I came here because I wanted to see you, it feels like ages since we talked properly I thought we could go for a walk" I feel a small pang of guilt but try to push it away, it's his fault we can't be seen together anymore and I know I shouldn't feel guilty for his actions and choices. I should just close the door in his face and tell him to come see me in the day if I mean that much to him but still......"okay fine, I'll just get my coat" I tell him with a sigh as I turn and jog over to the sofa to pick up a black, wrap around coat that Alice got me for my birthday a few years ago.

We managed to get out of the castle with ease, god knows what he did to Filch but I'd rather not know at this moment in time. We walked for what seemed like hours but was probably only just over one and talked about almost everything, although there have been a number of occasions this past year that I've seen him and if I'm honest with myself I know I'm burying what I really feel just to make things easier, i can't help but miss him.

We've slipped into a comfortable silence and I hardly even notice where we're walking as sev leads me along, eventually breaking the peaceful quietness "So...you've been with Potter for a long time now" sev states blankly, I can't read the expression on his face like I used to be able to and there's only a small hint of bitterness in his voice. "Yes, 6 months...." I trail off unsure how to expand on the answer without it being weird. "I still don't understand what you see In him Lily, you used to hate him. What changed?" Although he's not shouting I can still feel the anger as if it's radiating off him like surges of heat. "Well maybe I changed" I state stopping in my place and staring at him.
"I wish you hadn't" he says looking me up and down once. I try to stay clam but silently I'm kicking myself, why do I even try anymore.
"Well you're lucky I have sev because a year ago, I never would of never forgiven you for some of the situations you've put me in. You've nearly made me lose James on so many different times I've lost count now, you let your so called friends keep me in a tower for three days and you manipulated me to do it. I mean for gods sake on the first night here I was in the hospital wing because of someone you were with and you did nothing about it" my breathing is shallow and fast and I can feel the blood rushing to my cheeks with anger. "You mean they didn't tell you..." he said his face going even paler. "No...what are you talking about?" His takes a small breath and goes to take my hand but I pull away. "The spell that bellatrix hit you with....I created it...it cuts you and won't stop bleeding until I reverse it...I thought they'd of told you" the sudden realization hits me like a truck, I knew I didn't recognize that spell, and sev has always said he wanted to make spells, of course I never believed he could ever actually do it.
"It was your spell" I whisper hardly able to say it. "Lily please don't hate me, I had no idea that she'd use it on you and I saved you, I reversed it....because I'm in love with you...I'm in love with you Lily and I want you to be with me not him" his eyes are pleading as he reaches out for me but I stay silent not knowing what I could possibly say at this moment. It takes a few seconds but he strides forward and wraps one hand around my waist while the other pulls on the back of my neck to kiss him. It doesn't last long and I pull back quickly but only enough at first to look up at him.
SNAP. I rip myself away from him fully and
turn to see a stag stood just a couple meters away, beautiful and powerful looking.
James.