Rainy day activities

Lily's POV
Not long after Sirius discovered his plans for another day out in the sun had been ruined me and Remus started making something to eat for us all. Since mar and Sirius got up so late we didn't have lunch until around 2:30pm meaning it's just gone 3:40pm now and being in a house with over half of the marauders bored is not fun at all.
"Lilllyyyyyyyyy I'm so boreeeeddd" Sirius whines throwing himself over my bed so he's laying on his back, one arm resting dramatically over his  forehead while the other is stretched out beside him. "And what would like like me to do about that Sirius?" I ask not taking my eyes off the book I'm reading.
He groans and throws both arms up in the air briefly "I don't know just find something for me to do or I think I might actually die from lack of entertainment" he lets them collapse back onto the bed with another sigh.
I stare at him blankly. "You're a legal adult now" I say in disbelief shaking my head and getting up to go downstairs.

"We need to find some way to distract them they're driving my crazy" I announce to Mar and Remus who are sitting at the counter talking quietly. James is being just as annoying but when he left to have a shower it was just me and Sirius, he should be out soon so it'll be even worse then. "I know I was wondering how long it'd be till he started getting restless" Remus says closing the news paper he was reading and putting it back down in front of him. "I know and James is going to be.."
CRASH. "PADFOOT STOOOOOP"
I take a small breath in. "James IS out of the shower now as well...that's two of them"
Remus laughs lightly to himself and looks down to his hands briefly. "What are you sniggering at?" I ask sitting down beside him. "Just that a year ago you'd never have been in a house trying to find ways to entertain Sirius and James. You've come a long way lil" he grins patting me on the back. I can't help but smile. "Yeah I guess I have" I laugh with a hint of sarcasm.

Eventually we decided the best way to drown out the childish whines and complaining was to either get ourselves so intoxicated we didn't care and in the process distract them as well (our plan b) or to just pray one of them comes up with something to do. Sirius actually suggested playing a few games so I was hoping we'd be able to get away with staying sober and somewhat responsible tonight. Sirius black suggesting an activity...I should have known sobriety wasn't an option.

I stood my ground for the 1st hour but after the 2nd I pretty much gave up and just joined in with everyone else. "Okay go" James grins holding out his arms for me to jump into.
After one round of truth or dare which ended up in no one doing either and just taking shots Sirius brought up the end of year ball we somehow convinced Mcgonagul to let us have and how good a dancer he is, consequently James decided he had to prove his talent.
I run the short distance to him and leap into his arms, he goes to lift me but I panicked at the last minute and clung onto him too tight causing us the both fall back. "Oh yeah nice one prongs" Sirius laughs winking and taking a sip of his drink. "Hey i just slipped was all" he lies in defense. "Sure you did"
"Sorry" I mumble. "We'll just have to practice won't we" he smiles widely taking my hand and pulling me up. "Guess so" I reply happily.

"Okay okay next round.." Sirius beams before we fall into yet another game of truth or dare which leads me to standing outside in the hammering rain, completely drenched spinning around in a circle in pitch black singing 'American pie'. I made a point of introducing my friends to as many muggle bands and songs as I could and this happens to be a favorite. As we finish laughing and slipping about on the waterlogged sand we let our hands fall apart. "Woooo" Sirius bellows into the night bringing his bottle up to his lips and taking a swig.

The rain is strong and heavy but no one seems to care, we spin around and laugh as Sirius starts to sing again. James grabs a hold of me and starts to dance clumsily. "Entertained enough now?" I ask grinning up at him. He nods gleefully as the rain drops stream down his face and over his eye lashes. "Yep" he replies ducking his head down to kiss me.
I let my arms trail up prom his shoulders to around his neck while he lifts me up slightly
. I hear the guys around us whooping and cheering and I pull away blushing. James only continues to smile and turns back to Sirius. "Right first one to the path and back" he says directing the challenge at him, or at least I thought it was only at him. "Right okayyyyyyy GO!" They all race off, James pulling me along behind him. We slip and slide all over the place and I'm now pretty covered in wet sand and mud. "Jamesss" I laugh as we skid to the finish line and I stumble into his back. "We won" he beams putting his arms up in the air. "No no no I won" Sirius exclaims shaking his head.
"Okay fine roundtwoletsgo!" Before I can register what's happening he's sped off in front of us with Sirius close behind and complaining that 'that wasn't fair'. Me mar and Remus ignore the race and jog over to them, by the time we've got there they're rolling about of the floor fighting and pushing each other about.

James is the first to scramble up and is soon followed by Sirius. "Well I think we can all agree I'm the best" James states happily as he grins smugly. Sirius punches him in the arm causing him to stumble backwards. "Only because I wasn't prepared" mar says poking her finger in his direction. "Whatever McKinnon" James laughs dismissively patting her on the head. She sticks her toung out at him and goes over to stand by Sirius, resting her elbow on his shoulder lazily. He finishes the last bit in his bottle with one gulp and smiles at her sarcastically "back to the cabin" he grins pointing his finger up in the air and then over to the beach hut. We all follow after him and it turns into pretty much another race with me and James getting to the door first, leaving us a few seconds before everyone else clambered through the entrance.

I feel James's cold hands trail over my already freezing skin and push me backwards, spinning me around as he does so I'm face to face with him. He leans down and crushes his lips into mine, his arms around my waist and lifting me up so I can wrap my legs around him. I can feel the rough texture of the wet sand that's slinging to our bodies as I let my hands wonder over his shoulders and back. He starts to walk forwards and up the small stair case "everyone's back" I mumble between kisses. He makes a small noice in response and continuous across the landing, letting me stand up to open the door to his room. "They'll wonder where we went" I say, trying to sound like I actually care. Truth be told Id definitely rather be up here right now. "Let them" he grins pulling me closer to him and letting the door close behind us.