1978

James pov
I woke up at around 9:30 this morning.
Lily was awake soon after and so we got everyone else up ready to help clean my probably completely wrecked house.
We're all stood at the bottom of the stairs leading up to the roof not wanting to be the first one to go.
"Go on James" Sirius says pushing me up a step. "Why should I go first, you do it" I groan not moving. "Uh maybe because it's your house"
"Your house too" I state. I see him smile briefly at me saying it's his house too, I know we stills still really grateful for my parents talking him in. But they don't see it like that at all he's their son as well now.
"Okayyy Moony you go" he pushes Remus onto the same step as me.
"I'm not going" he laughs leaning against the bannister. Non of us want to be the first one to go and see the damage.
"Pete"
"Peter can't go he'll probably cry when he sees the mess. Petter stairs up at Sirius offended.
"Sorry wormy but it's true"
Peter shrugs and turns away from Sirius.
"Frank" he asks hopefully.
"Sorry I'm with Remus"
"Alice"
"No"
"M"
"Don't even bother asking me" Mar interrupts, I knew that one was a long shot.
Only one more person to ask.
We all look to Lily.
She pretends not to notice but I can tell she knows we're looking at her. After a minute of silence she sighs heavily and throws her arms up into the air in defeat. "Agh fine" she groans walking up the stairs angrily.
"Thanks lil" she all grin.
"Oh shut up"

She gets to the stop of the stairs and opens the doors slowly before walking out.
"How bad is it" I ask.
"Its..... not good" she replies.
We all look at each other but don't move.
"Oh come on you're going to have to come up here eventually" Lily shouts down.
We hesitate but soon join Lily on the balcony.
She was right it's a complete mess up here.
"Oh"
"Oh would be right Sirius" Lily sighs patting him on the arm.
"Let's get started then" I say picking up a mop and throwing it to Sirius.

By 9:30 we're almost done and are just putting things away and back where they should be.
"How did my mums vase end up in the fridge" I laugh taking it out and placing it back on the mantle.
"Well I think we're about done" Mar announces
"And if you don't mind I'll be going home now"
"Yeah we better get going to" Frank adds.
"Okay bye guys" Lily smiles as she finishes polishing the kitchen table.
Mar, Alice, Frank, Peter and Remus all went home. Moony is only home until the day before we go back to Hogwarts because he hasn't seen his mum and dad all Christmas and they're only home today and tomorrow so he thought he should see them for at least one day.

"that took forever" Sirius wines as he collapses down on Lily's bed.
We're in here because she's got the best view from her balcony and it's just always so nice and clean in here, I suppose it's a girl thing. Although seeing how messy Marlene is maybe not.
"Well we're done now" Lily grins ruffling his hair. "Evans how many times not the hair" he panics jumping up and running over to the mirror. Me and Lily laugh at him fussing over the few strands that are out of place.
I place my arm around her shoulders and pull her into me. "Padfoot you're such a girl"
"Excuse me I take great offense" Lily jokes pushing me away.
"Oh I am sorry miss Evans how ever will I make it up to you" I smirk leaving down and kissing her. She smirks into the kiss and wraps her arms around my neck pulling her self closer to me. "Im excuse me maybe you've forgotten you're not exactly alone" Sirius says acting disgusted. "Because you and Mar are totally agains PDA aren't you Sirius" Lily laughs raising her eyebrows at him.
"I don't know what you're talking about"
He mumbled under his breath as he leaps back onto the bed. "Sure you don't" she grins leaning back against my chest.