Are we?

Lily's POV
I'm sat out in James's garden watching the boys race around on their broomsticks, they tried to rope me into playing but I quickly shut that idea down. Instead i decided to read a book, you won't find me up on those death sticks, how anyone can enjoy that I don't know. I pull my scarf tighter around myself, while not to cold there is a chilling wind that's causing goosebumps up my arms and legs, i think I'll be going in soon.

They're been flying about for over and hour now and the suns beginning to set creating a warm orange and pink sky for them to glide through. They stop for a minute to talk or something, I can't tell from here but I take the opportunity to lean over to my bag, pull out my Camera and snap a picture of them. I smile down at the image before putting the camera away and closing my book. I stand up and gather up my things adjusting the strap of my bag on my shoulder as I turn to walk back up the steps.

Once in the house I head straight to the kitchen and check on dinner, I said I'd cook tonight as James's mum and dad will be working late and I doubt James or Sirius would have much luck.
I decided on a simple spaghetti bolognas something my mum and I used to make regularity whenever I was home, I'm glad I have memories or her showing me how to do things like that, everyone needs a mum to teach them such things, my lessons just had to end early. I can't wait to teach my own children though and I can tell them all about their grandparents, it's just a shame they'll never get to meet them I have such good memories of my own.

After checking again I decide it should be ready soon so I start to set the table.
I put out the final glass and fill all three with pumpkin juice. Right that should do it.
I brush myself off and go to get the boys.
"JAMES, SIRIUS DINNER" I shout from the doorway, they both seem to have heard me so I go back to the kitchen and dish up the food. They arrive just as I finish and sit down straight away, god knows what they've been doing out there but they're both covered in mud. "Ah ah" they both look at me confused "hands" I say motioning to their grubby hands with my spoon. They both groan but get up to wash their hands In the sink.

"Thanks lil" "yeah thanks lily-flower" they grin once they're somewhat cleaner. "No problem" I say taking a bite, iv got to say I think I did my mum justice, she taught me well.

"That was great lil" James thanks me standing up and taking his dish over to the sink
"Yeah not bad lily-flower. Got yourself a good little wife there Prongs" Sirius grins handing James his plate and standing up. I stare at him a little shocked and competent speechless.
"Haha you bet" James laughs a hint of nervousness clear in his voice. It's not like we haven't spoke about marriage before, hell we even talked about kids but with James asking me to move in and Frank and Alice's engagement becoming more real it's suddenly dawned on me that it's not really something I think James is ready for.
"Wow" Sirius says looking blankly at us both.
"That was awkward"
With that he turns and walks away whistling to himself along the way.

Me and James clean up in silence, James put a charm on the plates go wash themselves so it was really only putting away the ingredients I'd gotten out earlier. As we're walking up the stairs I can't shake the feeling that this uncomfortable silence might last a long time if I don't put a stop to it now. "Sooo about what Sirius said" I begin but am stopped by James shaking his head "oh no lil don't worry about it he's just trying to freak you out, I won't be asking tonight" he laughs.
"Oh..haha yeah good" I smile.
Huh that was odd, am I upset? No...that's ridiculous. We aren't ready to get married, no where near. Are we?