New developments

Lilys pov

Sirius said nothing of what happened yesterday at our brief breakfast and James said it was best to completely ignore it if that's what he wants, after all, what else can we do? it's not like i can force Regulus to join us and there is only so much comforting we can do, he knows we are all here for him when he needs us. I pull my coat tighter around myself as the cold December air bites at my face and fingers, smiling thankfully at James as he holds the door open for me and the three of us quickly gathered together in the small deserted hallway of the rented building. The order decided we shouldn't be seen all going to the same place and so we have changed the meetings to each of our homes but chose to apperate to them from random places each time.

We appear in the Mckinnon house a matter of seconds later, Marlene's grandmother opened up her home to us just a couple weeks ago but we had yet to use it until today. While not really close Marlene's paternal grandmother does try to do anything for her that she can especially since it was her son that ran out on his family, leaving both Mar and her brother without a father and a woman reluctant to the ways of the wizarding world without her husband. Sirius walks a little ahead, a distant look in his eyes as he automatically traces the hall down to the living room, coming to a stop as he reaches it and the group of order members becomes visible. I look up at James but he shrugs clearly not knowing why either. "Andromeda" he beams causing a woman facing away from us to turn around, light brown hair brushing the backs of her shoulders and kind grey eyes glistening as she smiles widely. "Sirius," she says opening her arms out as Sirius rushes forward wrapping his arms around her picking her up and spinning her around while she laughs slightly. "My God you're not a little boy anymore" She breathes shaking her head as he puts her down and she looks up at him, towering above herself. "How have you been? i haven't seen you in years, What about the baby?" he asks, a look of pure happiness and hopefulness on his face. "Not a baby anymore, Nymphadora is six now," she says placing a hand on his arm and leading him to the window, both of them asking questions and giving answers as they smile happily at each other, the only remotely joyful presences in the room. "Who's that?" i ask, looking up at James as we walk over to join everyone else. "Sirius's cousin, Andromeda Tonks, Middle sister of Bellatrix and Narcissa, abandoned by her birth family for falling in love and marrying a muggle born" he smirks respectfully raising his eyebrows. "She's a Black?" i ask not attempting to hide the shock in my voice. "Yeah, one of the only ones Sirius actually likes but he's hardly seen her three times since she got married and had a baby". I turn and look at them talking "Its nice he has someone like her" i smile as we join the group and are pulled into an in-depth conversation.

"We got lucky last night," Madeye says "That was all of us and if Sirius hadn't of turned up all insane and uncaring of what happened to him then we might not have gotten out" i see Andromeda glance sideways at Sirius, the two of them having finished speaking and joined the rest of us a few minutes earlier. "What are you saying Alistor," Dumbledore asks, his arms crossed over his chest as he frowns. "I'm saying we're outnumbered, Voldemort is recruiting by the second and we don't have enough members to take him on directly," he says, his dark brown eyes glaring deep with anguish. Speechless we all hesitate, with no idea of what to say, i catch sight of Frank slipping his hand into Alice's as she touches her fingers to her waist. All of a sudden my attention is snatched away by McGonagall appearing in the doorway, a grave look on her face and looking more disheveled than i have ever seen her before. Dumbledore immediately stands to excuse himself and sweeping over to her, closely followed by a few of the older members, Madeye included. The rest of us watch them and as i turn back to see who is left several of them have turned and are having hushed conversations. "Sirius i have to go" Andromeda says, fear clear in her eyes as she straightens up and starts to walk towards the door. "What? no" he mutters grasping her arm, the desperation in his voice pulling at my heart as i attempt not to listen in. "I have to, i have a daughter and husband to think about, i can't leave them," she says smiling weakly at him "But.." he begins as she shushes him softly. "I know that after i married Ted and our family kicked me out i left, i left but i never stopped worrying about you, about how you would cope being all alone, you were always such a sweet boy" she smiles placing the palm of her hand to his cheek. "i can't be a part of this Sirius, it would be to selfish of me to toy with the concept of leaving my child without a mother but if you do ever need me, if you need somewhere to go then i'll be here for you okay.....please just....just promise me you won't be to reckless, you won't jump into the fight without a thought for how you will get out" she says with all seriousness. He nods and wraps his arms around her, lingering before letting go "Are you going to be okay?" she asks as he pulls away "You just take care of that family of yours, don't worry about me, you've got the chance to start all over again, don't miss it" she says wisely placing a kiss on her cheek before ushering her out of the door.