A more crucial role.

Lily's POV
I'm sat in transfiguration listening to professor Mcgonagall talk, she paces the room with her wand in her hand, moving it in small swishing potions every so often.
The lesson finishes and just as I'm about to leave with James I here. "Oh Miss Evans" she calls. "Yes professor?" I ask turning around, James too stops and listens while everyone else leaves obvious to what's going on. "Professor Dumbledore would like to see you in his office" she says kindly.
"You two Mr Potter"
"Umm..okay" I reply.
"Thanks"
We both turn and leave in silence waiting until we get into the busy, crowded hall way to speak about what we've just been told.
"That was weird right" I state glancing briefly up at him. "Yeah is was" James agrees looking perplexed. "Normally he'd send a message himself" "I know...I wonder what it's about"
"I have no idea" I proclaim leading the way to his office.

As the stares appear from behind the large twisting Griffin I'm starting to feel both nervous and extremely confused, Dumbledore rarely asked us to go to his office for anything other than a social call and even then he always asked himself, or sent an owl.
What could this be about?

We walk up the steps mumbling and whispering to each other until we hear a familiar overly happy voice. "Prongs"
I snap my head round to see Sirius, Remus and Mar all standing just in front of us.
"What are you doing here?" I ask.
"We could ask you the same question" Remus laughs. "I don't" I'm interrupted by the sound of the stairs moving again and the appearance of Frank, Alice and Peter entering the  large room. "You lot two" James sighs clearly having thought of something. "That's it, we've done something wrong. We must have. What was the last thing we did?. Swimming in the black lake? Nah"
"Oooo sneaking Fire-whisky in" Sirius chimes smiling fondly at the memory.
"Being out after dark" Mar suggests leaning against the professors desk.
"No it's not any of those things" his voice echoes, we all spin around to watch him walk up towards us, Mar standing up straight and the rest of us shuffling out of the way awkwardly. Although I like Dumbledore and after spending a fair amount of time around him I'd say I'm pretty comfortable, something about this is weird to me and it's putting me on edge.
"Don't worry you haven't done anything wrong" he reassures us with a warm smile.
"And don't think I don't know about what you all get up to" he says with a small quick wink to James and Sirius who are grinning widely.
"The what is it sir?" Remus asks stepping forward and crossing his arms.
"Well you see something I'm going be starting after you leave, something I have a feeling you may all want to be a part of. something I'm begging for those....wanting to play more of a crucial role in the upcoming war" I stare at him intently, what's going on.
"It's called, the order of the Phoenix"