Goodbye holiday

James's pov
"I don't wanna go" Sirius wines as we pull our trunks and bags out to the front of the house. "Me neither mate" I agree which a sigh, it's been a nice break away for a few days and I really am going to miss being at the beach everyday. "One last swim?" He suggests with a hopeful grin. "Go on then" lily says from beside me, pulling her top over her head and unbuckling her shorts. "Really?" I ask I surprise. "Yeah why not you only live once" she smiles, with a shrug I pull my t-shirt off and run towards to water. "YES!" Sirius beams as we race down the sand "ahh for god sake lily I only just got all the sand out of my hair" mar groans as she chances after us, "if cleanliness is your priority you certainly picked some bad friends" Remus laughs at her comment. "I know" she mumbles in response.

It only takes a couple seconds until we're bounding through the water, cold splashes soaking our already shivering bodies. It's a lot colder today that in has been so the water is a lot less enjoyable than before but since we're leavening soon no one seems to care. "Woooo" padfoot yells spinning around and thrashing about in the water so he splashes us all.
"Agh" I yell as I tackle him so we both submerge under the aster for a few seconds before surfacing in a fit of laughter and coughing.

No more than 10 minutes later and after Mar announces she's cold for about the 50th time we decide to get out. "Jeeez guys I was hunting for ages" she wines as she wrapped her arms around herself in an attempt to warm up. "Aw it wittle miss McKinnon sad because she's all wet and cold" Sirius grins sarcastically.
She stares blankly before running her hand through his hair roughly "AGGGG MAR!" He yells jumping back and fumbling around in his pocket "YOU'RE SUCH A BITCH SOMETIMES"
"I LOVE YOU TOO" she calls back as stalks off combing his dripping wet hair. We all laugh at his dramatic reaction and run up the beach after him.

When we reach our bags we gather them up and lily aperates us back home. "Ah I'm going straight in and having a shower" mar announces walking slightly ahead.
As she hurries off I slow down a bit so I'm in between padfoot and lily. I glance over at her, hair hanging in drying curls at her waist but clothes still completely soaked and slightly see through...as I...very discretely watch her she breaks into a smile "what?" I ask innocently
"You're so obvious" she laughs
"Don't know what you're talking about" I reply, she rolls her head and smiles wider before returning her gaze on the house in front of us.
I too turn away to see Sirius smirking, what's he looking at? I follow his gaze to see..LILY
"Mate" I say snapping him out of his trace so he looks at me. "Not cool"
He smiles shyly and mouths sorry but I doubt it means much.
Git.

We all split off to our bedrooms to have showers and get changed, both Mar and Remus have to go home later so we agreed to meet back downstairs in about 10 minutes before they leave. I'm laying on my bed waiting for lil looking up at the ceiling. "Okay I'm ready" she says coming into the room wearing black tracksuit bottoms and a green vest top, she's dried her hair and put it up in a pony tail in its natural curls. "Come on then"

"Right I'll see you in a few days" she says smiling as she hugs Mar goodbye before swapping to moony, as she pulls away she leans in and whispers something in his ear causing him to laugh, hu I wander what that was about. "Bye mate" I smile patting him on the back and he turns to go. We walk to the door together and Sirius and mar share a slightly awkward hug goodbye before he runs off back upstairs. Wow that was uncomfortable. "See ya McKinnon" I grin pulling her into my side quickly "don't miss us too much" she calls back as they walk down the steps towards the garden together.
"Oh We'll try" lily shouts smiling widely and waving. "BYE GUYS"

"just us now then" she says smirking as we close the door and start to walk back upstairs. "Mm I believe you're right" I grin pulling her into me and leaning down "OH MY GOD LILY, LILY! PRONGS WE HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM"
"Well kinda" she laughs motioning her head in the direction of Sirius's room. "Yeah kinda"